Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "New York(CNN Business)Disney threw down the gauntlet to its compe ors last week, with a slate of remarkable programming on Disney+ alongside some eye-popping subscriber numbers and forecasts.

Fans of Disney+ will have roughly 10 new series from Marvel and Star Wars alongside a cornucopia of other content. Disney plans on spending between $14 billion and $16 billion across its streaming ventures to make all those shows and movies.

Someone has to pay for all that content -- and that someone is probably you, the customer. If Disney wants to achieve its forecast of hitting profitability in fiscal 2024, it has to raise prices...

It said it will do that in March. And, after that, it'll likely have to do it again.

"Increasingly streaming, in general, is taking a greater share of the consumer's wallet," Bernie McTernan, a senior analyst at Rosenblatt Securities, told CNN Business.

And it's not just Disney (DIS) that is raising prices. Netflix (NFLX) has already announced a price increase and other compe ors may have to do the same if they want to produce the kind of content Disney showed it could while remaining a stable business.

Take HBO Max, for example.....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/13/media...lix/index.html

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yep. I figure I'll do a lot of month-long subscriptions to binge shows. I do want to pay for the content I watch but not continuously for all the crap I'm not watching. Already do that with CBS All Access and took advantage of some Christmas deals to get my backlog of Showtime and Epix series viewed in two months for like $5. Pea is starting to run its premium series free for a week each if any of those catch your eye. Seeing as we won't be going to movies or live theater for almost another year, it's a pittance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Still better than cable

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah I got Showtime right now on the 99 cents for a month deal to finish up Ray Donovan and Billions.

But yeah, gonna also be jumping in and out of services too except for Prime and maybe Netflix because of how many people are currently watching stuff on it on my account. I do have Disney locked for another year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep. I figure I'll do a lot of month-long subscriptions to binge shows. I do want to pay for the content I watch but not continuously for all the crap I'm not watching. Already do that with CBS All Access and took advantage of some Christmas deals to get my backlog of Showtime and Epix series viewed in two months for like $5. Pea is starting to run its premium series free for a week each if any of those catch your eye. Seeing as we won't be going to movies or live theater for almost another year, it's a pittance.
    Yep. It's too bad there's not some service that will automatically renew and cancel memberships on a monthly basis for you and remind you what you have. I'd probably be OK on a yearly basis with 2 months of Netflix, HBO, and Disney and then one month a year of things like EPIX, Showtime, Cinemax. Along with the full year of Prime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Still better than cable
    The sports thing tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The sports thing tho
    It depends on how much sports one consumes

NBA : I only watch the occasional big playoff game or the NBA Finals so I'll find a quality stream and watch on my iPad; if I have an interest in a specific regular season game, I'll catch the extended highlights on YouTube

Soccer : I have a subscription to DAZN, for soccer leagues that are not included I'll check illgal streams
    DAZN aso includes NFL league pass so I can always watch any NFL game when I feel like it but it's a rare occurence
    (I'm in Canada by the way)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The sports thing tho
    Now that the Spurs suck, I don't need the NBA package anymore...I'm OK with just catching them when they come on national. As to NFL, I'm good with YouTube TV (Fox, CBS, and RedZone).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Now that the Spurs suck, I don't need the NBA package anymore...I'm OK with just catching them when they come on national. As to NFL, I'm good with YouTube TV (Fox, CBS, and RedZone).
    LOL Spurs have no national games this year

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL Spurs have no national games this year
    For real?
    I'm still Ok with that I guess.

I'll just catch them in the playoffs.

Edit...I will get to see Spurs/Mavs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It depends on how much sports one consumes

NBA : I only watch the occasional big playoff game or the NBA Finals so I'll find a quality stream and watch on my iPad; if I have an interest in a specific regular season game, I'll catch the extended highlights on YouTube

Soccer : I have a subscription to DAZN, for soccer leagues that are not included I'll check illgal streams
    DAZN aso includes NFL league pass so I can always watch any NFL game when I feel like it but it's a rare occurence
    (I'm in Canada by the way)
    Yeah I do consume a lot of pro/college basketball/football

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    They're gonna have to start offering more than superheroes and wookies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Wait you don't like Frozen?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Truth.

HBO Max > Disney+.

At $6.99, Disney is painless, but I keep it almost only for the Simpsons 2-12. If it goes up, no need to keep it.

HBO is going to be releasing theatrical movies all 2021. No brainer who's putting out a wider variety of content for a wider audience.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    For real?
    I'm still Ok with that I guess.

I'll just catch them in the playoffs.

Absolute zero

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jumping in and out of services is probably the way to go and probably what I would do if single. I'd cancel Hulu in a ing heartbeat if the wife didn't watch a bunch of network tv on it.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I took a date to a drive in movie theater in August in New Braunfels, it was a blast

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't torrented in a while so maybe it's time to grab a VPN and start.

I'm subscribed to a couple of these out of convinience, tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Free streams have been just fine for me since 2013.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I haven't torrented in a while so maybe it's time to grab a VPN and start.

I'm subscribed to a couple of these out of convinience, tbh.
    lol you don't need Tor or a VPN to stream, just use google chrome, and incognito mode if you're a scared little biatch.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol you don't need Tor or a VPN to stream, just use google chrome, and incognito mode if you're a scared little biatch.
    Good enough if you are content with watching on a computer screen. I dont play that.

I rather watch my on a 50 inch 4k TV. Anything short of 1080p and 40 inch just doesn't cut it for me.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Good enough if you are content with watching on a computer screen. I dont play that.

I rather watch my on a 50 inch 4k TV. Anything short of 1080p and 40 inch just doesn't cut it for me.
    HDMI bro... are you tech stupid? lol.

from 2017-2019 I hdmi'd my PC to my wife's 72 inch flat screen every sunday

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    HDMI bro... are you tech stupid? lol.

from 2017-2019 I hdmi'd my PC to my wife's 72 inch flat screen every sunday
    You do realize hooking up your PC via HDMI takes no know how and what's more it does nothing for quality. It's just a mirror that actually degrades the quality to and from.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Wait you don't like Frozen?
    I took my niece to watch that when it came out, I haven't watched a Disney flick since I was maybe 10 or 11 at that point. Didn't know the whole movie was gonna be a musical tbh

Thread Information