Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to espn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats, limited playing time coming off the bench, perception due to playing with Timmy....probably skewed his ranking a bit.

I think Manu would say he is pretty happy with the career he had. First ballot Hall of Fame in my opinion...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Underrated. He's probably 20-30 places higher, tbh. I didn't see the list but probably has guys like Iverson, R.Miller and Kidd in front of him. Any such list might be a ranking of individual NBA stats, but not a real ranking of who the better player was.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys like Vince Carter are ahead of him on there. T-Mac who never got out of the first round. Russell ing Westbrook and AD already. And they have this guy ahead of all of them :

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Underrated. He's probably 20-30 places higher, tbh. I didn't see the list but probably has guys like Iverson, R.Miller and Kidd in front of him. Any such list might be a ranking of individual NBA stats, but not a real ranking of who the better player was.
    Criteria : Order in which I would draft guys, all-time, as the building block of a team.

Manu is actually being overrated here. Just on the Spurs, there are 2 players ahead of him: Duncan & Kawhi, further there are 3 who compete with him : Admiral, Gervin, Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criteria : Order in which I would draft guys, all-time, as the building block of a team.

Manu is actually being overrated here. Just on the Spurs, there are 2 players ahead of him: Duncan & Kawhi, further there are 3 who compete with him : Admiral, Gervin, Parker.
    Robinson doesn't "compete" with Manu, the Admiral is head and shoulders above him. Robinson is one of the most underrated players of all-time because of lack of supporting cast and a couple of playoffs games vs Olajuwon. In terms of raw talent Robinson is top 20/15 of all-time, maybe even top 10.

With that said, I pretty much doubt there are 58 players better than Manu. Although I have to be honest and say that I haven't seen the list (does anyone have a link?). But, going by previous lists that had Manu ranked right about the same number, I have to guess that folks like Iverson, Kidd, Reggie Miller, etc. were ranked ahead of him and I can provide plenty of evidence explaining why Manu is clearly better than all those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's easily a TOP 50 player. I don't care what players you remove to get him on that list but he ABSOLUTELY belongs there. 4 x NBA Champion & Olympic Champion. He was a ferocious but selfless compe or who provided whatever his team needed. He brought more value than stats can measure. He happened to play on a team featuring an All-Time, generational player in Tim Duncan. If not for that, his stats would be higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys like Vince Carter are ahead of him on there. T-Mac who never got out of the first round. Russell ing Westbrook and AD already. And they have this guy ahead of all of them :

How those dudes didn’t rip their ankles. Chucks may be stylish now but they suck as a BB shoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bout ESPN grows some balls and makes an all time Winners / "Rough Riders" / Killas / Mo-fo's-you'd-roll-with-any-day-on-the-court-when-stakes-are-high" list? I'm talking heavy minutes.. Conf. Finals or up... not just WTF?-clutch plays from random guys.

Top 10 (not knowing pre-88' except for clips):

* MJ (1)
    * Kobe
    * Manu
    * LeBron (F what you say)
    * Timmay
    * Shaq
    * Reggie Miller
    * Chauncey
    * Nash + Stat
    * Wade (10)

* Hakeem
    * Dirk
    * Nephew
    * Logo
    * Dame
    * Sheed
    * Dumars (defense matters)
    * Bird
    * Robert Horry
    * Iggy
    * Shane Battier
    * Jason Terry
    * Detlef S
    * Cassel
    * Microwave Johnson
    * Terry Porter
    * Mario Ellie
    * Ray Ray

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ginobili certainly over Vince Carter. There must be some CBB bias with Vince starring at UNC.

But Manu has a bigger battle - Greatest international player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson doesn't "compete" with Manu, the Admiral is head and shoulders above him. Robinson is one of the most underrated players of all-time because of lack of supporting cast and a couple of playoffs games vs Olajuwon. In terms of raw talent Robinson is top 20/15 of all-time, maybe even top 10.

With that said, I pretty much doubt there are 58 players better than Manu. Although I have to be honest and say that I haven't seen the list (does anyone have a link?). But, going by previous lists that had Manu ranked right about the same number, I have to guess that folks like Iverson, Kidd, Reggie Miller, etc. were ranked ahead of him and I can provide plenty of evidence explaining why Manu is clearly better than all those guys.

in before Lefty with the but but David was soft

Manu is clearly better than #58

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili certainly over Vince Carter. There must be some CBB bias with Vince starring at UNC.

But Manu has a bigger battle - Greatest international player?
    Arguable indeed considering both nba and international careers, Manu has a better international career than hakeem and dirk but those 2 have better nba career.. depends on how much weight you consider for both international and nba. If you consider international has same weight than nba yes Manu is the greatest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats, limited playing time coming off the bench, perception due to playing with Timmy....probably skewed his ranking a bit.

I think Manu would say he is pretty happy with the career he had. First ballot Hall of Fame in my opinion...
    Exactly! I wonder how many of the 57 players ahead of him are first ballot Hall of Fame players? During the majority of time he played he's bound to be in the top tier of 2 guards.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu did not have the individual stats or all star games and his success is tied with team success. Do not confuse individual performance with team performance. Iverson was way better. Spurs win more les with Gervin instead of Manu on the roster during the Duncan years. Manu is fortunate to play with Duncan. Top 58 is too generous for him. And those who are claiming Manu is better than Robinson and Gervin, no way even close to those guys.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't ever see Manu as a #1 option on a team that could have been a consistent top-4 seed in the West during the era he played. He had first ballot HOF talent but his body wouldn't have been able to handle that kind of load playing 35-40 minutes a night and being the guy you had to go to on every possession. It makes it really hard to place him on these kind of lists because he's absolutely elite if you need someone to carry you the last two minutes of a playoff game (assuming he hasn't been burnt out in the first 46 minutes) but he's not the guy to carry you the entire game or the entire season. I honestly don't know where the I'd rank Manu, just glad he was here because he was an incredible assassin to complent Tim who was the horse that carried the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't ever see Manu as a #1 option on a team that could have been a consistent top-4 seed in the West during the era he played. He had first ballot HOF talent but his body wouldn't have been able to handle that kind of load playing 35-40 minutes a night and being the guy you had to go to on every possession. It makes it really hard to place him on these kind of lists because he's absolutely elite if you need someone to carry you the last two minutes of a playoff game (assuming he hasn't been burnt out in the first 46 minutes) but he's not the guy to carry you the entire game or the entire season. I honestly don't know where the I'd rank Manu, just glad he was here because he was an incredible assassin to complent Tim who was the horse that carried the team.
    yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's easily 15-20 positions ahead of Porker, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds about right,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand how some people may not give players like Bob Cousy their due because they didn't have the opportunity to see them at all or in their prime. Cousy was a magician with the basketball before there was such a word as "handle". He had one move on a fast break that was revolutionary at the time and not many players can consistently pull off today. Running at top speed he would dribble/pass the ball behind his back to his left hand for a layup. It was one of those moves that boys like me would practice on any playground or driveway until it was dark and time for supper. Those were the days when a behind the back pass would get you a spot on the bench.

Did Gervin's "finger roll" pave the way for the "floater"? Probably, but how many ST members can remember Gervin or Dr. J apart from a few clips that were saved from those days. Great players leave bits and pieces of their repertoire to the following generations to use and improve upon.

draft bust
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu has a gold medal one of the few to beat team usa.. should definitely be on the list and first time hof ballot receiver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol a bench warmer over a FMVP. Only ST & ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's easily 15-20 positions ahead of Porker, tbh
    We’re not talking about turnovers in the 2013 Finals though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Porker tbh

Thread Information