Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said he was better than Barkley or Ewing, I don't think he was, I think he could've been a first option and I stand by that
    He chose to be a Robin, he's probably the best 3rd option of all time in terms of maximizing his production with a lesser role, the guy was a legit 19/5/4 guy on a Popovich team in the playoffs during his prime, he got rewarded with rings
    On a pure basketball standpoint I'm taking him over some first options because he was skilled, extremely versatile, played on both sides on the floor, did all the little things and he could deliver in the clutch, Barkley, Ewing, Malone were all-time great first options, of course I've got them before him, but not every first option in NBA history has been *that* great
    As for AI, his 76ers run was incredible, but I've got to say I'm not really a fan, he was wildly inefficient and couldn't adjust to any other way, still I'm not mad if you rank him over Manu, I just think it's closer than numbers might suggest
    Tony's great, don't think he's better than Manu tho
    Tony is better than Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is better than Manu
    That is a good conversation IMO.. Tony was asked to do more by Pop as his career went on. As Tim was fading out of his prime, Tony was given more of an offensive role.. 2009 was a great season for Tony.. 22/7 on 50%..

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony had better overall stats, more all star appearances during the same run as Manu and was a starter and a PG is a more valuable position than a SG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a good conversation IMO.. Tony was asked to do more by Pop as his career went on. As Tim was fading out of his prime, Tony was given more of an offensive role.. 2009 was a great season for Tony.. 22/7 on 50%..
    Manu had a greater ability to produce more with fewer minutes/touches, luckily for us they just made perfect sense in the roles they were given and could play well with and off each other
    Context aside I think Manu is a better basketball player, he's more versatile and a better defender, but again that's no knock on Tony, he's arguably a top 15 PG ever

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.facebook.com/olympics/vi...4645437225937/

By the way Manu leading Argentina over Team USA right now

Thread Information