Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was reading an article a couple of months ago arguing splitting American households into two groups (with every member of a given household in the same group) and then having Group A and Group B alternate between going to work,school,etc vs isolation every two weeks would drop our R_0 < 1, which would eventually kill off the pandemic in our borders. But we'd have to allow no one in through our border period (fat chance) until having a vaccine (and who knows if that'll ever come and when if it does) and hard to see 50 states signing off on that. I think it was in the NY Times.
    A lot of people gloss over this. They want to point to the fact that kids seem to do well with Covid (other than the occasional Kawasaki Disease case), but ignore that every school will essentially become vectors for the disease . You can mitigate it as much as possible, but there are far too many kids to prevent the inevitable spread.
    Exactly.. Kids will be kids and contract and bring home to their families.. The district is talking about doing one week at campus, one week at home rotations to decrease the amount of kids there that allow for social distancing.. I think that is fine for my 12 year old as he can be trusted to understand and follow the precautions.. But I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner to worry about as well and I know damn well with their short attention spans that social distancing for them and expecting them to keep hands clean and away from their faces is im- ing-possible..

I will say that I am a ING TERRIBLE Elementary teacher, but I don't see any other option besides distance learning at this point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd like for my kids to return to the classroom, because they get more from that and the social interaction than they do looking at a computer screen. But schools need to come up with some creative scheduling or something. The elementary school my younger kids go to is packed as , and they were still throwing up more portables before hit the fan. I don't see a way for every kid to go to campus all day, every day. And having younger kids wear masks all day is unrealistic.
    See the above ^

NISD sent their survey which proposes exactly what you are talking about.. and I agree that the kids are 50x better off going to school, socializing, living normal lives.. But I'm not willing to risk my kids or whoever they may pass the virus on to on this bull notion that "kids don't really get very sick" - considering the WHO and the CDC have been contradicting each other and themselves even so many times since this bs began

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    When you asked this question.. it really did get me thinking. I knew the virus was real of course, but had to put in perspective the odds of catching it and live life accordingly.. Well, my good friend is now in critical condition here in SA with COVID-19. ing sucks.
    Damn sorry to hear. Sucks people don't want to wear masks.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    @TheGreatyacht

Another Chumpette's friend got it really bad.
    They like to compete with each other.
    Who can tell the best story.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 06-18-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    See the above ^

NISD sent their survey which proposes exactly what you are talking about.. and I agree that the kids are 50x better off going to school, socializing, living normal lives.. But I'm not willing to risk my kids or whoever they may pass the virus on to on this bull notion that "kids don't really get very sick" - considering the WHO and the CDC have been contradicting each other and themselves even so many times since this bs began
    A lot of people depend on the schools for all day daycare. I have no idea how some of them are managing.

My high schooler has been frustrated that a lot of her friends have been getting together for pool parties and trips. Of course I said no but all that will be there if she goes back to brick and mortar school.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    She should be frustrated that she's the one who got stuck with the buzkill cuckold dad that is worried about a disease killing zeros of teenagers with no pre-existing conditions.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 06-18-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Asymptomatic covid decease

How ing stupid can you sheeple be?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Asymptomatic covid decease

How ing stupid can you sheeple be?
    Tell him, blake. How stupid can you be?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    She should be frustrated that she's the one who got stuck with the buzkill cuckold dad that is worried about a disease killing zeros of teenagers with no pre-existing conditions.
    LOL incel conspiri s telling people how to raise their kids.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    want advice from shut ins who scour YouTube?

look no further than ST

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    want advice from shut ins who scour YouTube?

look no further than ST
    Osterholm was on Chris Wallace last Sunday saying only about 5% of the nation has been infected while we're looking at 60% to 70% infection necessary to really slow this epidemic and yet we have 120k dead in the US from it. Yet COVID is nothing to angry right-wing conspiri s.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    When you asked this question.. it really did get me thinking. I knew the virus was real of course, but had to put in perspective the odds of catching it and live life accordingly.. Well, my good friend is now in critical condition here in SA with COVID-19. ing sucks.
    Yep....I now know several people. This is gonna suck for sure.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Don't go out; you might catch the sniffels that isn't really going around.

I think we know who the incel is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Some people actually care about not just themselves, but others too.

What a concept.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 06-18-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    There is literally no doubt who the incels are

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Don't go out; you might catch the sniffels that isn't really going around.

LOL plandemic re s

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Muh COVID boogeyman

Fascist fearmongering.

TheGreatYacht

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Muh COVID boogeyman

Fascist fearmongering.

TheGreatYacht
    LOL plandemic re s

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "Texas students will be returning to public schools in person this fall, Gov. Greg Abbott told state lawmakers Thursday morning.

The state's top education officials confirmed the plans in a statement to The Texas Tribune.

"It will be safe for Texas public school students, teachers, and staff to return to school campuses for in-person instruction this fall. But there will also be flexibility for families with health concerns so that their children can be educated remotely, if the parent so chooses," said Texas Education Commissioner Mike Morath.

When students return, school districts will not be required to mandate students wear masks or test them for COVID-19 symptoms, said Frank Ward, a spokesperson for the Texas Education Agency...

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...eopening-fall/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TEA hasn't released their recommendations yet. We know that schools will be opened back up with a distance option for those that chose not to go, but we don't know what in-person classes will be like yet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    "Teacher associations in Texas say ‘ no’ to education official’s plans to reopen campuses in fall"

TEA says masks, COVID-19 tests will not be required for students

SAN ANTONIO – Two Texas teachers’ unions are rebuking the state education commissioner’s plan that students can return to campus this fall despite a recent e in COVID-19 cases.The Texas American Federation of Teachers and The Texas State Teachers Association are cautioning against Education Commissioner Mike Morath’s return-to-campus plan, saying the safety of students and staff should take priority.
    “Texas AFT says a big ‘ No’ to what looks like a return to normal in August,” Texas AFT President Zeph Capo said in a news release. “We are not in normal times. We won’t sacrifice our members and students for politics.”
    TSTA said Gov. Greg Abbott is in too big of a hurry to get the state back in order, adding that he has rushed the reopening of restaurants, amusement parks and other businesses.
    “For several days now, we have been seeing record numbers of new COVID-19 cases in Texas, but Gov. Greg Abbott apparently would like us to think we have this pandemic licked. Far from it,” TSTA President Noel Candelaria said in a statement.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...puses-in-fall/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Seriously, how can you not require everyone to wear a mask?

BUT YOU WILL WEAR A CLEAR BACKPACK

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Seriously, how can you not require everyone to wear a mask?

BUT YOU WILL WEAR A CLEAR BACKPACK
    Muh fearmongering
    Someone might catch the flu

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn sorry to hear. Sucks people don't want to wear masks.
    It's all good. Life sucks sometimes. At this point I dont even know if he was taking precautions or how they think he got it. He just had a baby so I assume he was being careful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    @TheGreatyacht

Another Chumpette's friend got it really bad.
    They like to compete with each other.
    Who can tell the best story.
    I really don't see the point of saying something like this.. The bar isn't set very high in a forum without mods, but still.

Thread Information