My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu > jim

stole 2005 fmvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coulda been 4 or 5 on that list, but each to their own would take him over larry, magic, LBJ and Wilt, maybe no.2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is actually a top 5 player of all time. It's funny how there are certain "names" that ESPN feels obligated to put above him - yet if you ask most experts, they would choose to start a franchise with Tim over Bird and Magic. It's also fairly easy to put Tim above Bill Russell when you consider that Tim is basically a modern Russell with superior offensive ability. I also have Tim ranked higher than Lebron because he's a better winner. Tim got the best of Lebron head-to-head more often than not, sweeping him in '07 and another near-sweep in '14.

It's one of those things where if you ask somebody to name their top 5 off the top of their head, they just immediately go, "You obviously gotta have Magic and Bird in there." But then when you really think about it, you'd rather have Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 seems fair to me. At that point, there are arguments to be made for most of the names to be moved around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) MJ Jordan
    2) Larry the bird Bird
    3) Timothy R Duncan
    4) Kobe Bryant
    5) James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know these lists are crap overall but in what universe is Scotty Pippen better than DRob? In what universe is Garnett better than 50? Seriously he was missing the playoffs in his prime. His talent on his roster was the same if not better than David. David was a better defender, rebounder, scorer, and franchise player than Garnett. It’s ridiculous

Also at Pippens ranking. Just ridiculous.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Overall pretty solid list.

Not sure about the Pippen ranking, though.

I think Tim in another situation with more numbers which he was very capable of, he is top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The overall top 74 list is pretty garbage in my opinion. It’s all over the place on what they value. MVPs? les? all stars? Scoring les? They use one stat to rank one guy over another and then ignore that same stat in the very next ranking. Also never liked putting players in that haven’t finished their careers yet...especially those that have only played 6 seasons. They are very extremely biased toward 21st century players. Easily putting players whose stats and accolades come nowhere close to previous players in history above players that have the stats to prove it.

eventually these types of lists just turn into modern players (21st century players) are better and more talented than other generations arguments. But if you’re making a list of the best players in nba history IMO you need to base it on comparative stats....which they usually don’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe in, Olajuwon out?

Wow . . .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell at 4 is a joke, as is not having Olajuwon in the Top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one will ever agree on a list like this except for maybe that MJ is #1.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe in, Olajuwon out?

Wow . . .
    It's ESPN. I was shocked they didn't have Kobe top 5 TBH. Kobe ahead of Shaq and Olajuwon

Definitively I would only have MJ ahead of Timmy. Who else on that list could win a ring with that '03 roster? Not LeBron. I'd say not Larry or Magic. Maybe Shaq or Kareem? Olajuwon maybe? I can't believe they had Hakeem outside the top 10, that is just lunacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dumb mother er lebron is number 2? 3-6 Duncan is 2–1 against him
    Last edited by Genovaswitness; 05-13-2020 at 02:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a kick when the latest HOF inductees (i.e., Tim and Kobe) were announced and Colin Cowherd announced that Kobe is, of course, "No. 1" but "don't forget" Duncan is "1A."

He acted as if he was doing Duncan a favor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had Antonio Davis listed pretty high on "potential" because he forced his way out to play with Lebron ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is actually a top 5 player of all time. It's funny how there are certain "names" that ESPN feels obligated to put above him - yet if you ask most experts, they would choose to start a franchise with Tim over Bird and Magic. It's also fairly easy to put Tim above Bill Russell when you consider that Tim is basically a modern Russell with superior offensive ability. I also have Tim ranked higher than Lebron because he's a better winner. Tim got the best of Lebron head-to-head more often than not, sweeping him in '07 and another near-sweep in '14.

It's one of those things where if you ask somebody to name their top 5 off the top of their head, they just immediately go, "You obviously gotta have Magic and Bird in there." But then when you really think about it, you'd rather have Duncan.
    Great post. He's definitely top-5 if you asked anyone who you'd like to start a franchise with. Probably #1 over Jordan is your goal is the ultimate "team" guy who's going to keep you over 50 wins for two decades and keep you in the mix for a le every single year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron > Duncan tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems fair to me overall but I have Duncan 5th on my list. Not that anyone cares lol

1) Jordan
    2) Wilt
    3) Russell
    4) James
    5) Timmy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had Antonio Davis listed pretty high on "potential" because he forced his way out to play with Lebron ...
    I hope you meant Anthony and not Antonio

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dumb mother er lebron is number 2? 3-6 2–1 against Duncan
    No, 1-2 against Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah that about sums it up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    1) MJ Jordan
    2) Larry the bird Bird
    3) Timothy R Duncan
    4) Kobe Bryant
    5) James

kobe is top 20, not top 4.

Veteran
    My Team