Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FBI reportedly seized Republican Sen. Richard Burr's cell phone as part of an investigation into potential insider trading related to coronavirus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-...navirus-2020-5

Drain that swamp spurstacular, Nathan, Thread, ducks.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Iirc this guy was already being investigated as one of the worst offenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fienstien too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feinstein sold Allogene a pharmaceutical that went up considerably after the sale and is now near an all time hime. If anything she’s guilty of making bad investment decisions. Now the three repugs being investigated for stock transactions, those look much more su ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feinstein sold Allogene a pharmaceutical that went up considerably after the sale and is now near an all time hime. If anything she’s guilty of making bad investment decisions. Now the three repugs being investigated for stock transactions, those look much more su ious.
    so we should punish only good insider trades??

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Feel free to go ahead and cite examples where regulators have gone after someone for insider trading on trades that lost money.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What proof do you have that was a trade based on inside information? A sale of stock in a pharmaceutical company with one target COVID treatment, now at an all time high, up over 20% just today alone? Had gone up continuously after Finstein’s sale. Riiiight.

Maybe it just might have been a sale not based on inside information, a dumb sale at that. I know you love your conspiracies but think you shot a blank on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What proof do you have that was a trade based on inside information? A sale of stock in a pharmaceutical company with one target COVID treatment, now at an all time high, up over 20%? Had gone up continuously after Finstein’s sale. Riiiight.

Maybe it just might have been a sale not based on inside information, a dumb sale at that. I know you love your conspiracies but think you shot a blank on this one.
    person a dumps stock before a pandemic

person b dumps stock before a pandemic

person a is a R

person b is a D

lets go after the R!

seems to me you are the conspiracy theorist tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to go ahead and cite examples where regulators have gone after someone for insider trading on trades that lost money.
    my question was a valid question. a yes no answers suffices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need a better sperm shield.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    person a dumps stock before a pandemic

person b dumps stock before a pandemic

person a is a R

person b is a D

lets go after the R!

seems to me you are the conspiracy theorist tbqh
    They’re investigating Fienstein too. So what’s your point? Pretty obvious the Feinstein investigation isn’t going to go anywhere for obvious reasonS. The repugs? Their trades look a whole lot more su ious but I’m sure Moscow Mitch will cover their asses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re investigating Fienstein too. So what’s your point? Pretty obvious the Feinstein investigation isn’t going to go anywhere for obvious reasonS. The repugs? Their trades look a whole lot more su ious but I’m sure Moscow Mitch will cover their asses.
    its childish that you think only Rs do this

many billionaires did dumps in late Jan and early Feb. probably after some secret meetings. both Rs and Ds

sure get them all

but somehow concentrating on Rs is so cute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple actually. Just look at their transactions on stocks in general. It's easy to pick a trade that coincides with an event but if the trade rises above the statistical noise of their average trading, then it's noteworthy. Otherwise it's just a trade for all intents and purposes. You'd have to look at it by sector as well.

Senator sells stock every week but never sold stock X until the same day as the meeting, and the stock was sold after the meeting - suspect.

Senator sells stock every week including biopharma and sold the same the week of the meeting, maybe same day even after said meeting - not as su ious

Senator hasn't sold stock in weeks, maybe months. Sells a ton of stocks just after meeting - highly suspect

It doesn't matter if the senator does it themselves or they have an agency - the timing is suspect and the senator has inside information they could easily pass along through a page or other means to contact their brokers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're such a team shill.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Point is that you guys slam the republicans, but brush off any ill doing by the left. Most in here are acknowledging that both sides are crooks except those that are hard left. Insider trading? You can bet your sweet ass ALL of them do it. Some are just better than others at hiding, but most likely they were simply the chosen scape goat for this round. Keep those dividing lines around 47-53%.

All of those law makers are in Washington for their own benefits, left and right. Once you accept that, you will begin to look at this in a totally different light.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple actually. Just look at their transactions on stocks in general. It's easy to pick a trade that coincides with an event but if the trade rises above the statistical noise of their average trading, then it's noteworthy. Otherwise it's just a trade for all intents and purposes. You'd have to look at it by sector as well.

Senator sells stock every week but never sold stock X until the same day as the meeting, and the stock was sold after the meeting - suspect.

Senator sells stock every week including biopharma and sold the same the week of the meeting, maybe same day even after said meeting - not as su ious

Senator hasn't sold stock in weeks, maybe months. Sells a ton of stocks just after meeting - highly suspect

It doesn't matter if the senator does it themselves or they have an agency - the timing is suspect and the senator has inside information they could easily pass along through a page or other means to contact their brokers.
    Pretty obvious Burr is getting heavy heat. Don’t worry though, no repug, no matter how corrupt, can get convicted, as long is Moscow is in charge of the senate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're such a team shill.
    DMC accusing someone of being a team shill. Dam now I’ve seen everything.

There are republicans I respect, EXTREMELY few anymore, ones that had or have integrity, ones like McCain. Any republican with integrity either gets attacked viciously by trash or severely compromises their principles to stay out of his gunfire. Trash has taken the Republican party deep into the hole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ones like McCain.
    ... should have been the Keating 6 with McCain, but was Keating 5, thanks to McCain's connections

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    picnroll is like the Left version of Darrin or snakeboy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burr stepping down as head of the intelligence committee. Sayonara Burr

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burr stepping down as head of the intelligence committee. Sayonara Burr

he was a worthless who did nothing for his country as head of that committee

he also protected trump and his treasonous actions

good ing riddance

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The early Republican response to the pandemic was

1. Cut off some travel from China
    2. Sell off their stock before the Dow crashed
    3 <crickets>

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its childish that you think only Rs do this

many billionaires did dumps in late Jan and early Feb. probably after some secret meetings. both Rs and Ds

sure get them all

but somehow concentrating on Rs is so cute
    I totally agree.
    But they have to establish what she was privy to.
    And then the timing.

And then go for her throat as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think only successful trades should be investigated. No issue with them looking into Feinstein

Thread Information