Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takes a massive Ego to say dumb BS like this when you lost, and got swept LOL.. "Nah I wasn't into it" Ok Fat man..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq is contradicting himself. He also said "regular season doesn't matter." A full playoff was still played in '99, and the dominant Spurs went 15-2.

But when his ass gets swept, all of a sudden the length of regular season matters He's obviously anally devastated about ESPN ranking Duncan higher than him.
    Yep.. He saw those rankings, and had his fat ass feelings hurt as usual.. 99 Spurs got robbed of the chance to dethrone the Bulls in 99.. Legacy of that Spurs team would be different had Bulls MGT not been insane..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takes a massive Ego to say dumb BS like this when you lost, and got swept LOL.. "Nah I wasn't into it" Ok Fat man..
    It pissed me off back in '99 when I was in hschool when Phil Jackson called the first le an asterisk and this dumbass(Shaq) just parroted Phil. Today it doesn't because I felt Duncan and the Spurs ultimately prevailed against this clown legacy wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It pissed me off back in '99 when I was in hschool when Phil Jackson called the first le an asterisk and this dumbass(Shaq) just parroted Phil. Today it doesn't because I felt Duncan and the Spurs ultimately prevailed against this clown legacy wise.
    Jackson had an ego problem of his own. Basically he was acting like "The Bulls broke up so it doesn't count".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolumad shaq

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson had an ego problem of his own. Basically he was acting like "The Bulls broke up so it doesn't count".
    He also viewed the Spurs as a threat. So he was trying to get some type of advantage on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never understood the asterisk argument. Shouldn't the athletes who made sure to stay in shape get rightfully rewarded, anyways?

Shaq also benefited from 2 rigged les(1 not even up for debate). He might be the best NBA player I've ever seen at his peak, but only Jordan and Durant are on his level from a sensitivity standpoint.
    It is just a stupid thing to say, for people who did NOT win it.. You get Swept out of the 99 playoffs, and get outplayed by Duncan, you would think that would keep Shaq quiet about that 99 le.. Nope Dat Ego is too Fragile.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Shaq has a whole list of dumb quotes in his life.

On free throws " I make them when they count"

Last time I checked, they ALWAYS count. And he made them half of the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt that Shaq would be talking like that if his Lakers had won it all in 1999.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq da Fool is up to his foolishness AGAIN! Everything this FOOL says, I take it with a grain of salt, tbh. He's always been a immature bully that likes to get the spotlight with nonsense, and he intimidates others that don't agree with him, and will use his size and his mouth to do it. Most of the stuff he says has little credibility, and he enjoys poking fun at others and wanting the last laugh (he can't even take it whenever the criticism is dished out on him!). Deep down inside, I think that he's always been a Duncan hater and has been jealous of his career and accomplishments. Yeah, he's shown respect at times, but I think that the rankings that put The Big Fundamental over him, must have been straw that broke the camel's back that sparked the hate and jealousy this time. Hmmm... wonder if the shoe was on the other foot. I bet that he would be defending himself and threatening to beat down those who dispute him. SMH... Shaq is a FOOL and he needs to grow up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been uniquely bothered by opposing fanbases (well just the Lakers) bringing up the asterisk. Especially triggering was seeing Sp*rs on message boards pre 2003.

I'll just repost my old Spursreport signature from summer 2001:

NBA Champions
    1997 Chicago Bulls
    1998 Chicago Bulls
    1999 Spurs
    2000 LA Lakers* Tim Duncan DNP
    2001 LA Lakers* Derek Anderson injured

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been uniquely bothered by opposing fanbases (well just the Lakers) bringing up the asterisk. Especially triggering was seeing Sp*rs on message boards pre 2003.

I'll just repost my old Spursreport signature from summer 2001:

NBA Champions
    1997 Chicago Bulls
    1998 Chicago Bulls
    1999 Spurs
    2000 LA Lakers* Tim Duncan DNP
    2001 LA Lakers* Derek Anderson injured
    Only Laker fans were screaming it was an asterisk way back during the '00 season. I don't think even they thought it was originally illegitimate until Phil Jackson said it was an asterisk. Then they started parroting what Phil had said. Clearly the stupidest fan base on the internet. I always found their resentment for the Spurs based on '99 as re ed. They didn't get emotional about getting swept by the Jazz in '98 but when the Spurs did it they got triggered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Snaq and Phildo count 1999 as legit if they had won?

We know the answer to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're saying if the NBA resumes and the Lakers win it all it won't count as it is an asterisk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're saying if the NBA resumes and the Lakers win it all it won't count as it is an asterisk.
    As someone whose two most disliked sports en ies are the Lakers and James, this would be an ideal outcome.
    2nd to that is Leonard winning an asterisk le.

I wouldn't want a Milwaukee Bucks le to be declared inauthentic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring his bitterness/jealousy, the only asterisk championships are the past 3.

'99 was fair for everybody and there's been plenty of championships decided on a key injury, call, avoiding a bad matchup, etc.

The first 2 are obvious (all time cap e, top four player on a below market contract because of early career durability issues, paving the way for a top two player to join what was already the best team in the league and decimate a top four one, thereby destroying compe ive balance).

The last one is because a top five player intentionally destroyed his value, to the point of being virtually given away along with an elite role player, thereby creating a team that would have never existed otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shaq did jack during the 90s against the great centers, then he won 3 and escape to the easts to avoid the western teams, then he came back and was expose trying to coatride to rings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shaq did jack during the 90s against the great centers, then he won 3 and escape to the easts to avoid the western teams, then he came back and was expose trying to coatride to rings
    Troof bombs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq apologized today ro Robinson during a 90s reunion for making up that autograph story :

https://twitter.com/nba/status/1262241502769459200?s=21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq apologized today ro Robinson during a 90s reunion for making up that autograph story :

https://twitter.com/nba/status/1262241502769459200?s=21
    He's still a heel.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I honestly don’t recall anything from that pseudo-season other than LJ’s 4-point play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don’t recall anything from that pseudo-season other than LJ’s 4-point play
    Mentally erased that 4-0 butt ing, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna lie, closing the Forum out was sweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course all this conversation about the Bulls, and 1999 right now.. Nobody would have had a problem with MJ getting Ring number 7 in a short season..

Shaq is such a bitter troll..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information