Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's the most ing re ed thing ever. Anything other than merit-based is ed up communist gotry.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    i do not understand this type of mentality

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's called Leftism, better get to know it before it gets to know you... at your expense.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Any minority with a shred of dignity would be against this and would be embarrassed by the fact it’s even getting proposed.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    It's called Leftism, better get to know it before it gets to know you... at your expense.
    Seems as if what you speak of is a problem with things in general

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I would stop watching, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Any minority with a shred of dignity would be against this and would be embarrassed by the fact it’s even getting proposed.
    So you've just defined one of the key differences of Democratic vs. Republican politics.

The problem is only a small (<25%) percentage of minorities have the shred of dignity you're talking about.

This is Affirmative Action in a nuts ... NOT the same concept at all as "equal opportunity"... but rather giving an unfair advantage to minorities because of crap from the long, distant past (e.g. slavery, archaic Jim Crow laws). Democratic party principles in a nuts ... make it unfairly easy for a certain demographic group by doing things the wrong way (be it affirmative action for minorities, or college loan forgiveness for a lot of millennials) at the expense of those who did things the right way (whites, minorities that actually worked hard to get somewhere by merit rather than by favoritism, college grads who worked through school, had achieved thru merit-based scholarships and/or graduated with a realistic major that helped them land a high-enough paying job to pay off their loans) to keep artificially attracting votes, and keep the system more and more rigged and ed up... San Francisco in a nuts under Pelosi's long tenure, for example.

Merit and hard work, which was the founding principle of the USA, has been steadily and surely dying a slow death thanks to leftist and Democratic party principles and shady methods of obtaining votes to stay in power.

#DumpTheLeft

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    good news, will help clear the league out of useless coaches getting by getting rid of white affirmative action like adam gase, marrone, and gruden tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    good news, will help clear the league out of useless coaches getting by getting rid of white affirmative action like adam gase, marrone, and gruden tbh
    who's the last good minority/black HC you can think of? the only recent one who's had reasonable success is Tomlin, and that's mostly because of the Steelers' stacked rosters and team management tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    who's the last good minority/black HC you can think of? the only recent one who's had reasonable success is Tomlin, and that's mostly because of the Steelers' stacked rosters and team management tbh
    The one legitimate grievance is Eric Bieniemy not getting an opportunity yet. The counter argument to that is big ing deal he’s the coordinator for a stacked offense but white coaches in similar situations have consistently gotten head coaching gigs (ie Cuck Pagano for being the Ravens DC). There’s no question Bieniemy has a better resume than Kliff Kingsbury.

Other than that, the underlying problem is the league wants offensive minded coaches with a QB background and black coaches rarely have a QB background. That’s not racism it’s just cir stance.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So you've just defined one of the key differences of Democratic vs. Republican politics.

The problem is only a small (<25%) percentage of minorities have the shred of dignity you're talking about.

This is Affirmative Action in a nuts ... NOT the same concept at all as "equal opportunity"... but rather giving an unfair advantage to minorities because of crap from the long, distant past (e.g. slavery, archaic Jim Crow laws). Democratic party principles in a nuts ... make it unfairly easy for a certain demographic group by doing things the wrong way (be it affirmative action for minorities, or college loan forgiveness for a lot of millennials) at the expense of those who did things the right way (whites, minorities that actually worked hard to get somewhere by merit rather than by favoritism, college grads who worked through school, had achieved thru merit-based scholarships and/or graduated with a realistic major that helped them land a high-enough paying job to pay off their loans) to keep artificially attracting votes, and keep the system more and more rigged and ed up... San Francisco in a nuts under Pelosi's long tenure, for example.

Merit and hard work, which was the founding principle of the USA, has been steadily and surely dying a slow death thanks to leftist and Democratic party principles and shady methods of obtaining votes to stay in power.

#DumpTheLeft
    So much wrong with this post that I don’t even know where to begin
    Just read about the history of that long and distant past you speak of with minorities, you know like the 1980s, 90s, and 2000s. It’s ok not to like the proposed NFL policy but man you sound really ignorant when you try to expand it past football.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

#DumpTheLeft
    Yeah this is where I think Republicans are dumb even though I agree with them on the issue, calling this a “key different” is dumb. It’s a wedge issue that’s blown out of proportion as something that makes it so a white kid with a 4.0 GPA perfect SATs and extra curriculars couldn’t get into college because of affirmative action. It’s a narcissistic viewpoint white incels have to convince themselves that their failures aren’t their fault. I disagree with affirmative action but it hasn’t adversely affected my life in any way.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The one legitimate grievance is Eric Bieniemy not getting an opportunity yet. The counter argument to that is big ing deal he’s the coordinator for a stacked offense but white coaches in similar situations have consistently gotten head coaching gigs (ie Cuck Pagano for being the Ravens DC). There’s no question Bieniemy has a better resume than Kliff Kingsbury.

Other than that, the underlying problem is the league wants offensive minded coaches with a QB background and black coaches rarely have a QB background. That’s not racism it’s just cir stance.

I believe the two main reasons for low number of black coaches

- Black community has not fully accepted analytics
    - Many white coaches are sons/family members of former or even current coaches and the black community has shaky family structure

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Eric Bienemy is a genius cos he has the MVP @ QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Yep. Majority of black NFL assistants are more defensive minded and the league has trended towards more offense for HCs. The defensive guys like Richard are less likely to get jobs, etc.

Steve Wilks got a job and he pissed it away, he was terrible. Brian Flores got a job and he still has a job because finished strong last year and beat his old team in the last game of the season, in a game that cost the Patriots their season. Flores is defensive and a Black Hispanic and you can make the argument that others deserved a job more than him because of the bad history with Belichick assistants so there's your counter-argument.

Bieniemy doesn't get any credit because everyone knows Reid calls all the shots and plays. Bienemy is just a yes man for Reid (and now Mahomes), he would completely be lost in a place like Jacksonville.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah this is where I think Republicans are dumb even though I agree with them on the issue, calling this a “key different” is dumb. It’s a wedge issue that’s blown out of proportion as something that makes it so a white kid with a 4.0 GPA perfect SATs and extra curriculars couldn’t get into college because of affirmative action. It’s a narcissistic viewpoint white incels have to convince themselves that their failures aren’t their fault. I disagree with affirmative action but it hasn’t adversely affected my life in any way.
    Admission into college isn't the only problem. The lack of merit-based scholarships this century compared to before (they've been replaced largely by "need based" grants, so whites on average end up with more student loan debt than minorities because their parents make more money on average and parents largely don't pay for kids' tuition anymore so college students with higher parent incomes are stuck with loans as the only option since they can't declare as independent until age 24) is a huge problem, which makes it rougher on average for each individual white kid to become successful in life

It's not a wedge issue, it's a matter of morals, right and wrong, black and white... no grey area. Merit and only merit should determine success and decision making, anything else is anti-capitalist and therefore communist.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So much wrong with this post that I don’t even know where to begin
    Just read about the history of that long and distant past you speak of with minorities, you know like the 1980s, 90s, and 2000s. It’s ok not to like the proposed NFL policy but man you sound really ignorant when you try to expand it past football.
    2000s....... ummmmmm....... you mean the decade where the USA, including the majority of white Americans, voted for a black man to be President (and one with a shaky past, Arabic name and questionable birth status, no less)?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is why Conservatives don’t actually want Affirmative Action to go away. They need to feel like victims.
    That's liberal horse . The left are the ones who play the victim card. Conservatives believe in objectivism, that issues are black and white (not in racial terms, but metaphorically) while liberals are generally perspectivist, they always keep way too much room for shades of gray except when it behooves them to be objectivist.

Conservatives aren't into playing 3D chess like that. We just want to do what is right by the country and the people. None of that conniving snakish, backdoor bull . We leave that to the Hillary's and Adam Schiff's of the world.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i understand it, but think the proposed approach is flawed and misguided

i agree quite a bit with what everything Anthony Lynn had to say about this

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-right-thing/
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-16-2020 at 10:05 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I would stop watching, tbh.
    no you wont

you still watch star wars on opening weekend ffs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Eric Bienemy is a genius cos he has the MVP @ QB.
    worked for adam gase

coordinated for peyton manning and the stacked broncos offense and he's already on head coaching gig #2

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    worked for adam gase

coordinated for peyton manning and the stacked broncos offense and he's already on head coaching gig #2
    Not parallel situations at all. Getting old man Peyton an MVP? Impressive. Dude couldn't throw the ball any more even.

And I don't have a dog in the fight for Adam Gase; but being a .500 coach while having sh** talent makes me think maybe he's legit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    no you wont

you still watch star wars on opening weekend ffs
    I never said I was not going to watch Star Wars.
    But since this is the hill you want to die on, I'll say there are Star Wars films and content that I have yet to watch.
    So, yea; there's consequences for this leftist meandering.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Not parallel situations at all. Getting old man Peyton an MVP? Impressive. Dude couldn't throw the ball any more even.

And I don't have a dog in the fight for Adam Gase; but being a .500 coach while having sh** talent makes me think maybe he's legit.
    i dont actually think gase is an awful coach... when he got canned from Miami i said i thought he actually overachieved and would land another job soon. he did with the jets, though i dont think he has managed that situation well (darnold's mono nothwithstanding)

at gase getting peyton his mvp

peyton did whatever he wanted for the last decade of his career. he changed some aspect of just about every play at the line, regardless of the call

Thread Information