Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non sequitur. It only takes one person to acknowledge they heard it, since the cops weren't yelling for the neighbors to hear. If it was heard, it had to have been said. Everyone in HEB doesn't need to remember you being there, one cashier will suffice.
    HEB has cameras.

Strange the cops don't since cameras can only help them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same with 12 witnesses if they all lived together.
    huh?

if 12 different people living together all heard it, it would be much stronger evidence than 1 person hearing it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is true, apparently they changed it to respond to this.
    That's it, don't let your rational mind be ass ed by impulse. You got this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh?

if 12 different people living together all heard it, it would be much stronger evidence than 1 person hearing it
    Not if the jury didn't believe them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if the jury didn't believe them
    would be much more difficult for a jury to look past 12 witnesses than 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be much more difficult for a jury to look past 12 witnesses than 1
    Completely irrelevant to my statement and yours. You said if the jury found one credible. I said same with 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely irrelevant to my statement and yours. You said if the jury found one credible. I said same with 12.
    you're not making any sense

the odds of a jury not finding 1 witness credible is not that extreme

the odds of a jury finding 12 separate witnesses saying the same thing as non-credible would be pretty extreme

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non sequitur. It only takes one person to acknowledge they heard it, since the cops weren't yelling for the neighbors to hear. If it was heard, it had to have been said. Everyone in HEB doesn't need to remember you being there, one cashier will suffice.
    Only one person said trump sexually assaulted them, it must be true because by your own definition all we need it one person to be a witness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the odds of a jury finding 12 separate witnesses saying the same thing as non-credible would be pretty extreme
    No one mentioned the odds. You keep moving the goalposts.

You gave a caveat for 1. I applied it to all. It exists for all, regardless of the odds, since people don't testify in groups, but individually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one person said trump sexually assaulted them, it must be true because by your own definition all we need it one person to be a witness
    If someone in the building heard the cops say they were entering, without being coached to say it, then there is evidence that the cops announced their presence. Whataboutism deflected successfully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh i see, it appears you think the grand jury took a neighbors word into account when they found the cops not guilty rather than the other 12. The cops were found not guilty because the cops had a warrant to search the premises, hence why I said they murdered her, but didn't break the law. The same reason Walker gets away with shooting a cop, he shot a cop but didn't break the law. The same reason that cop was fired, he broke the law.

thinking the grand jury's decision came down to some ESL witness.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop DMC.

There is still some time to save your...
    Never mind.

continue.

Man I hate reruns, seen this slaughter before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You gave a caveat for 1. I applied it to all. It exists for all, regardless of the odds, since people don't testify in groups, but individually.
    i didnt use the term odds but i said 12 witnesses would be stronger than 1, to which you said "Not if the jury didnt believe them"

when i said 12 witnesses would be stronger than 1, the obvious implication is that it would be more difficult for a jury to overlook that amount of evidence than it would for them to overlook 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be. normally would depend on how much credibility the jury assigns to that one witness. but without charges, we may never know
    Same with 12 witnesses if they all lived together. It depends on how it was asked. "did you hear anything the night of"... "yes"... "what did you hear".... "open up, police"...

Instead of "did you hear 'open up, police?" ... "yes".
    Oh i see, it appears you think the grand jury took a neighbors word into account when they found the cops not guilty rather than the other 12. The cops were found not guilty because the cops had a warrant to search the premises, hence why I said they murdered her, but didn't break the law. The same reason Walker gets away with shooting a cop, he shot a cop but didn't break the law. The same reason that cop was fired, he broke the law.

thinking the grand jury's decision came down to some ESL witness.
    Obviously you don't see.

"Trainwreck claims to have been at HEB when the murder took place, did anyone see him there?"

"Just the cashier, but we asked 12 other people who worked there and no one else saw him"

The cashier is a valid witness and your alibi would be solid unless it was discovered the cashier was in on it.

Lack of evidence against doesn't equal evidence for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i didnt use the term odds but i said 12 witnesses would be stronger than 1, to which you said "Not if the jury didnt believe them"

when i said 12 witnesses would be stronger than 1, the obvious implication is that it would be more difficult for a jury to overlook that amount of evidence than it would for them to overlook 1
    You're mixing up to suit your cause.

Just quote, it's much easier, unless you prefer to paraphrase to defend your position with inaccurate recollection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop DMC.

There is still some time to save your...
    Never mind.

continue.

Man I hate reruns, seen this slaughter before.
    Re following me around trying to salve his injured ego. You hate to see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously you don't see.

"Trainwreck claims to have been at HEB when the murder took place, did anyone see him there?"

"Just the cashier, but we asked 12 other people who worked there and no one else saw him"

The cashier is a valid witness and your alibi would be solid unless it was discovered the cashier was in on it.

Lack of evidence against doesn't equal evidence for.
    Trainwreck claimed to be at home
    "That one heb cashier said she saw him at HEB down the road from the victim even though 12 other people didn't"

Appearance of evidence does not equal confimation (trainwreck was at home)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two cops shot already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're mixing up to suit your cause.

Just quote, it's much easier, unless you prefer to paraphrase to defend your position with inaccurate recollection.
    for s sake i think you're just being intentionally obtuse.

when you said "no one mentioned the odds" i went on to acknowledge that while i had not previously used the word "odds" it had implied in my previous post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trainwreck claimed to be at home
    "That one heb cashier said she saw him at HEB down the road from the victim even though 12 other people didn't"

Appearance of evidence does not equal confimation (trainwreck was at home)
    You are clueless about burden of proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for s sake i think you're just being intentionally obtuse.

when you said "no one mentioned the odds" i went on to acknowledge that while i had not previously used the word "odds" it was implied in my previous post
    Is it true or not true that whether or not any witness testimony is useful depends on whether or not the jury finds them credible?

This has absolutely nothing to do with how credible or the odds of finding them credible. Basically you offered a throwaway line - only if the jury finds them credible. This is assumed to always be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two cops shot already.
    They deserved it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it true or not true that whether or not any witness testimony is useful depends on whether or not the jury finds them credible?

This has absolutely nothing to do with how credible or the odds of finding them credible. Basically you offered a throwaway line - only if the jury finds them credible. This is assumed to always be the case.
    yes thats true. but its much more difficult to brush aside 12 witnesses than it would be to brush aside 1

12 witnesses saying the same thing would typically be more credible than 1 witness saying something

its applicable here because we have multiple neighbors who say the cops didnt announce themselves (or at least not loud enough for them to have heard it), and 1 who said they did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are clueless about burden of proof.
    Yeah that makes no sense how you came to that conclusion, my scenario is just as plausible as yours

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two cops shot already.
    no good

Thread Information