Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither did I, tbh... was going to donate it to the ACLU if I received one anyways
    What good has the aclu ever did ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's the line. One wonders how much they really believe that.
    The swallowers like Reck believe it wholeheartedly. They think the left has the best interest of mankind in mind, while the right is all about shearing the populace for as much as they can get. I guess they ignore the fact that their trusty leaders also live in gated communities and are on average millionaires. Capitalism is only good when the left does it.

There are plenty on the right who act in the same way about the right does, but I've never seen it presented as "goodness of their heart" motives. Instead, they often say "intended" or "founding fathers".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What good has the aclu ever did ?
    Reno v. ACLU, Bragdon v. Abbott, Chicago v. Morales, Board of Commissioners v. Umbehr, etc... too many to list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The swallowers like Reck believe it wholeheartedly. They think the left has the best interest of mankind in mind, while the right is all about shearing the populace for as much as they can get. I guess they ignore the fact that their trusty leaders also live in gated communities and are on average millionaires. Capitalism is only good when the left does it.

There are plenty on the right who act in the same way about the right does, but I've never seen it presented as "goodness of their heart" motives. Instead, they often say "intended" or "founding fathers".
    To be fair, there's no alternative. If the left isn't throwing some bones to the little guy, they basically would be the right.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, swallowers like Reck are not real progressives. He's just playing his part in a team sport. I just wonder what he really thinks he's going to get out of his hard swallows.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, there's no alternative. If the left isn't throwing some bones to the little guy, they basically would be the right.
    Throwing bones while carving up the whole bird for themselves is supposed to be magnanimous?

The problem is that you never step back and consider that what you believe in is bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now look whose pretending to read minds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except in how they view themselves. They both think they have the correct ideals, but the left considers their position to be based on concern for fellow man, while the right often invokes God, who cares not for man whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its DOA because Dems try to hamfist their illegal policies underneath thr guise of relief
    what is illegal about the proposals here?

Nancy 'you have to sign it before you can what's in it' Pelosi
    played out meme. context is king as it relates to those comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throwing bones while carving up the whole bird for themselves is supposed to be magnanimous?

The problem is that you never step back and consider that what you believe in is bull .
    It's certainly better than carving up the whole bird for themselves and not throwing a bone at all, tbh.

Now, there's everything out there, some will do it out of convenience, some really feel it's the right thing to do.

It's not a matter of belief... faith really doesn't enter the picture here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except in how they view themselves. They both think they have the correct ideals, but the left considers their position to be based on concern for fellow man, while the right often invokes God, who cares not for man whatsoever.
    Which God? Not the one on the bible. That guy was a communist in today's terms.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's certainly better than carving up the whole bird for themselves and not throwing a bone at all, tbh.

Now, there's everything out there, some will do it out of convenience, some really feel it's the right thing to do.

Permatriggered

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The problem is Democrats think it's their hen house in the first place. They are stealing from us, and you want to thank them for it.

Footage of ElNono:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain how it's a matter of faith? It's your claim.

The problem is Democrats think it's their hen house in the first place. They are stealing from us, and you want to thank them for it.

Footage of ElNono:

I don't know what this is about, tbh... The fact that the vast majority of Americans don't share your emotional hate for liberals doesn't mean that they love them either. It never is black and white. There's plenty of criticism to go around on both sides of the aisle.

Really, there shouldn't be anything controversial when it comes to stating that the GOP gave up on the poor and minorities entirely a long time ago, and Democrats throw them a bone here and there with a lot of lip service.

That's what the political reality looks like. Neither you or I have to like it, but we rarely get a say anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the point is that companies already have an out. Right now, if it's not a worker's comp claim, company is off the hook.

To me what this looks like is trying to look for guarantees that if companies don't follow protocol and put their workers at risk, they want a legal shield, and that's just bull .
    I think the problem is that protocols have been loosely defined and nowhere close to codified and putting workers at risk is subject to interpretation, hence the trial lawyer comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and whose going to pay for the 3t? let alone the nfd that the govt has no interest paying it down...

just print print more money

anyway.....3t welfare money isnt sustainable....down here they barrowed 130b thinking it will last 6months, only 2 weeks in first round of welfare paychecks they already used up 10b...so the govt is going to scale back on the welfare free payments and wants everyone back at work to get the economy going

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and whose going to pay for the 3t?
    that question was not asked for CARES which hosed many, many $100Bs to BigCorp and millionaires

nor asked when in 2009 etc when the Fed, Treasury was bailing out criminal BigFinance with $Ts

the other question is why not just let C19 kill 10Ms of people?

eventually it will die out as always, right?

herd immunity (too bad about the smaller herd)

And since the non-whites and non-productive-for-Capitalism whites (old people on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security) are dying at rate above their %age of population, why not let C19 purge these "expensive" undesirables?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-18-2020 at 09:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is unless they agree to limits on employer liability it's going nowhere. Call it the "Trial Lawyers Trillion Dollar Bonanza Act". No matter where you get the covid it's your employers fault.
    There's already things like damages caps and the comp bar and the need to prove causation in a negligence case that already fulfill that role. Also, I'm not quite sure how federal tort reform can exist in the first place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that question was not asked for CARES which hosed many, many $100Bs to BigCorp and millionaires

nor asked when in 2009 etc when the Fed, Treasury was bailing out criminal BigFinance with $Ts

the other question is why not just let C19 kill 10Ms of people?

eventually it will die out as always, right?

herd immunity (too bad about the smaller herd)

And since the non-whites and non-productive-for-Capitalism whites (old people on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security) are dying at rate above their %age of population, why not let C19 purge these "expensive" undesirables?

Dear Covid-19,

It's hard to have gentlemen company with this little still living in muh trailer. I know you're busy wreaking havoc, but would it be too much to take this rectum itch with you?

Signed,

Bouton's Mom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the problem is that protocols have been loosely defined and nowhere close to codified and putting workers at risk is subject to interpretation, hence the trial lawyer comment.
    But protocols, if any, should be defined state by state... it's clear the Federal has shunned away from establishing clear rules, and has admitted that it's up to the states.

That's why this thing makes even less sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep voting republican though, cucks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep voting republican though, cucks.
    McConnell is probably going to have to cave on that $600 a week with how desperately he wants to protect large companies from lawsuits for their unsafe working conditions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and whose going to pay for the 3t?

just print print more money
    why the not? Printing money IS the solution, aka Keynesian/MMT spending into an economic disaster.

putting $T into the hands of The People means they will spend it, saving/creating jobs and companies to replace the 10Ms of lost jobs and 100Ks of lost companies.

Putting $Ts into Wall St like in 2009 rather into Main St, does all For The People and the Real Economy.

Print $8T would be about right, 40% of GDP.

Govt would have to impose a Fed mask, social distancing, and shutdown.

the deal with The People:

"govt will cover your finances, but you MUST, mandatory!, OBEY protocols so we can shut down the pandemic"

America has too many, 10Ms, sociopathic freedumb and freedumberer assholes who refuse any and all cooperation and pleas for social solidarity.

Expect commercial MBS to go s up next year as commercial property loses clients, landlords default on their commercial loans. Then will have another 2008/2009 systemic credit freeze-up

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell is probably going to have to cave on that $600 a week with how desperately he wants to protect large companies from lawsuits for their unsafe working conditions.
    to $200, from the current level of $600, as states transition to implement a system designed to provide approximately 70% wage replacement for laid off workers,
    To get a system where you can get 70% wage replacement for everyone on unemployment would probably take as long as it would take for a vaccine to be made and distributed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict they settle at $400.

Thread Information