Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. Even though the damage is already done, it's amazing to me that anyone would rather S bag further pad his tainted "legacy" with another contrived championship because of an old rivalry, when virtually all of the people involved are long gone.

These divas have destroyed this league in the past 4 years to the point where I no longer base my opinion off of which franchise I can least stand winning, but rather which of them.

That's why I'd actually be fine with the Lakers winning because I find their superstars among the most tolerable and the aging great trying to fend off father time in pursuit of a championship, while cliché, is always a good storyline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers > Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real spurs fans won’t root for either EVER lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lakerfans is the problem

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Weakening the Lakers stranglehold on Southern California is a win for the Spurs.

Lebron & Davis more tolerable than two California kids returning home? Huh

Lebron - super teams
    Leonard - return to Duos

Spurs have a better chance at stumbling across 2 star players. Having another 3-headed monster - very low

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Lakers

I’d rather Kawhi ring again than the Lakers win it all

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant stand lehype. he is all about the hype and is not as good as he or others like to make him. He has to have super teams to win and cannot lead his own team to a championship. I hate the lakers more for this same thing but if the players on the teams were switched I would want the lakers to win because he is just so over hyped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Lakers and Le . I can't stand either of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Lakers

I’d rather Kawhi ring again than the Lakers win it all
    Pretty much.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cant stand lehype. he is all about the hype and is not as good as he or others like to make him. He has to have super teams to win and cannot lead his own team to a championship. I hate the lakers more for this same thing but if the players on the teams were switched I would want the lakers to win because he is just so over hyped.
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers played a huge role in #2 and Dennis forcing their way out of SA. I definitely do believe #2 was meeting with them secretly behind close doors during that season he sat out. I can't root for them because they sabotaged the Spurs. Also they are hateable en y that is always looking to steal superstars which means the next time the Spurs get a superstar look for the Lakers to try to poach him. Ideal scenario for me is the Clippers would take them out in the playoffs followed by Bucks taking out the Clippers. Hopefully this season stays cancelled so I can at least breath a sigh of relief that both #2 and Lebron/Lakers have been denied an opportunity for a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc we’ve only lost to the Clippers once in the playoffs and the Lakers kept Duncan from having 3 additional rings
    *edit* Also if you’re old enough to remember, the Lakers prevented the 83 Spurs from ringing (or atleast getting to the finals) which was the best Spurs team for over a decade. Lakers kept Ice ringless which is one of the biggest NBA travesties

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause all Spurs people have skin in the Kawhi story. The journey. The development, The experience, The highs, dose lows.
    Look passed the Uncle thing. We can’t change history now. From the time Spurs drafted him to roookie, bench, role player, superstar role player, Star, Best player in the league. Everyone had skin in that. Owners, coaches , fans. That’s why it’s Clips. Just like Raps last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc we’ve only lost to the Clippers once in the playoffs and the Lakers kept Duncan from having 3 additional rings
    *edit* Also if you’re old enough to remember, the Lakers prevented the 83 Spurs from ringing (or atleast getting to the finals) which was the best Spurs team for over a decade. Lakers kept Ice ringless which is one of the biggest NBA travesties
    That sad Gilmore footage in the 83 nba video is very meme-able imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers have never won an NBA le. It's their turn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get it. Even though the damage is already done, it's amazing to me that anyone would rather S bag further pad his tainted "legacy" with another contrived championship because of an old rivalry, when virtually all of the people involved are long gone.

These divas have destroyed this league in the past 4 years to the point where Y I no longer base my opinion off of which franchise I can least stand winning, but rather which of them.

That's why I'd actually be fine with the Lakers winning because I find their superstars among the most tolerable and the aging great trying to fend off father time in pursuit of a championship, while cliché, is always a good storyline.
    Yeah I doubt Spurs fans prefer the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers > Kawhi.

That's why.

The bigger question for me is, the Rockets or Kawhi? I still can't decide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *edit* Also if you’re old enough to remember, the Lakers prevented the 83 Spurs from ringing (or atleast getting to the finals) which was the best Spurs team for over a decade. Stern kept Ice ringless which is one of the biggest NBA travesties
    Fixed it for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No self respecting Spurs fan or a fan of any smaller market team should ever root for the Lakers on account of the David Stern crookedness in throwing games their way "for the sake of the league". Hope it's hot down there!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't like the Clippers since LOB City kicked in. I never like the Lakers.

A cancelled season deprives both LeDrama and Mute Cancer of rings, and wastes a season for both of them. That's a pretty ing good consolation prize if we have to miss the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Lakers will get calls leaning their way no matter who or where they play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even when the Lakers are in the midst of an 8 year playoff drought and fighting to win 30 games, they're still on national TV 34 times. There's not a level playing field in the NBA, the scales are always tipped in the Lakers' favor. Every other major sport allows the best teams to rise, the media-darling teams still have to earn it, but the Lakers always get their legacy protected, so that even one of the worst run teams in pro sports can stay compe ive. So, they're pretty easy to hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Asshole is Gone, I don't really give a about him either way... Spurs are not contenders anymore so whoever wins whatever..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things:

1) It’s not an either or. They way this is framed somewhat implies people want LAC to win. Don’t think thats true. We still hate Kawhi and would prefer if neither LA team won. We are rooting for anyone but Kawhi/Lakers to win.

2) In the event that one of them is going to win though? Yeah, I will take LAC. Lakers have never had to earn anything. I don’t say that as in the players who went there not putting in work but regarding ownership. Once people stopped colluding for a moment, the Lakers FO was exposed as one of the most inept FO in the league.

They were absolutely not just a poorly run franchise, but an embarrassment. But of course, Lebron comes into bail them out just because he wants to do other things in addition to basketball (not a bad thing) and LA does nothing to deserve it. They never are forced to actually compete and adapt and instead rely solely on built in advantages in money/location that others dont have.

On top of that as much as I hate Kawhi the person, he’s still an amazing player and a part of me has softened since he chose LAC over LAL. Him choosing Lakers would have been so bad for the league and I think I appreciate that fact that while he snaked SA, he was still Kawhi and didn’t want to team up with Bron.

I love Bron too. I hate that LA got him and they dont deserve him and hate how they tampered and colluded to try and wreck NO.

So yeah, FTL

Thread Information