Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I hear you though. I've gone through periods of not eating meat but still justifying fish and eggs. As for home, we try to buy "cage free" or "sustainable farmed" or whatever. Even though I think those are probably just meaningless labels in many cases.

But beef and chicken are pretty easy for me to pass on 99% of the time. Fish would be much harder for me to quit.
    a lot of them are. cage free is probably the least helpful, because that just means they're not confined to individual cases, they could still be (and usually are) cramped as .

free range and pasture free are more useful. they also are a bit more expensive. ive been buying pasture free eggs, but i think the best thing you can do is find local small farms and see where they sell their products. and even then i think the actual government regulation for those are so fringe... but there are some activist groups that certify, but again, those vary in importance and you have to be knowledgeable on whether or not its just some front for the food industry

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    a lot of them are. cage free is probably the least helpful, because that just means they're not confined to individual cases, they could still be (and usually are) cramped as .

free range and pasture free are more useful. they also are a bit more expensive. ive been buying pasture free eggs, but i think the best thing you can do is find local small farms and see where they sell their products. and even then i think the actual government regulation for those are so fringe... but there are some activist groups that certify, but again, those vary in importance and you have to be knowledgeable on whether or not its just some front for the food industry

This just isn't right. Sad af.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This just isn't right. Sad af.

yeah, i havent even gotten into watching animal torture vids to get to where am. it's so ed up. but dairy has honestly been quite easy to replace with alternative products. almond milk, cashew cheese/yogurt/ice cream. kroger even sells a vegan butter. it's really been the filling nature of meat that's been hard to replace. beans are solid tho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah, i havent even gotten into watching animal torture vids to get to where am. it's so ed up. but dairy has honestly been quite easy to replace with alternative products. almond milk, cashew cheese/yogurt/ice cream. kroger even sells a vegan butter. it's really been the filling nature of meat that's been hard to replace. beans are solid tho
    Yep. Dairy is an easy replacement.

I just stumbled on this video today and knew before I hit, "play" what I was going to see. And I'm sure it's not very different from the beef facilities or chicken or whatever.

Thread Information