Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And yeah now there’s so much great frozen or pre made foods if you’re a lazy cook (like me lol) where you can’t go wrong.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Looks delicious

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You might want to just save yourself some time and pain and just get something for your low t, Lite.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    b12 and d3 aren't available in plants, and some other vitamins and minerals are way less bioavailable in plants (like iron), so you would need to do some research on which supplements to take.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Exploring Veganism

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You might want to just save yourself some time and pain and just get something for your low t, Lite.
    All the same, I hope it goes well for you, Lite. There's enough killing in this world.

I know I stopped eating gyro when I learned how muzzies brutally kill the animals.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I’ve continued eating fish and chicken... but I’m still trying to get a better understanding of whether “pasture raised” is actually significant. From my understanding cage free basically doesn’t mean because they are still kept confined in tight quarters, usually indoors, while pasture free allows for more roaming.

but since I’ve started, I’ve had no red meat, and no dairy items with the exception of eggs. Cashew cheese and almond milk have been just fine. Plant based ground meat subs utes and sausages have also worked out so far. Heck I’ve even found plant based cream cheese subs ute as well as butter. Slightly more expensive than the dairy versions but nothing prohibitive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So what's the deal on eggs? I know some vegans who won't eat eggs because they're animal lovers.
    But chickens that aren't impregnated by a rooster still lay eggs. They just won't turn into baby chickens.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

There’s so much stuff. But no matter what you like to eat there’s a great recipe for it vegetarian style
    I like fish too much I think. I can't imagine there's a decent subs ute for grilled salmon.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    but since I’ve started, I’ve had no red meat, and no dairy items with the exception of eggs. Cashew cheese and almond milk have been just fine. Plant based ground meat subs utes and sausages have also worked out so far. Heck I’ve even found plant based cream cheese subs ute as well as butter. Slightly more expensive than the dairy versions but nothing prohibitive.
    As unhealthy as processed meat and lunchmeat is, I'm sure those plant-based "subs utes" have even more toxins and carcinogens tbh.

I can't imagine how many toxins are made into the "Impossible Whopper". I did eat one in February. It tasted like a mix of beef and black beans, wasn't terrible. Wouldn't get it again though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    As unhealthy as processed meat and lunchmeat is, I'm sure those plant-based "subs utes" have even more toxins and carcinogens tbh.

I can't imagine how many toxins are made into the "Impossible Whopper". I did eat one in February. It tasted like a mix of beef and black beans, wasn't terrible. Wouldn't get it again though.
    you're right, they aren't great, but they also aren't part of my regular daily diet or anything like that. still preferable to meat, though.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    you're right, they aren't great, but they also aren't part of my regular daily diet or anything like that. still preferable to meat, though.
    In what way? Are you fat-intolerant (lipase deficiency)?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    In what way? Are you fat-intolerant (lipase deficiency)?
    preferable in that it does not contain meat, given my goals

no cholesterol either

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    preferable in that it does not contain meat, given my goals

no cholesterol either
    The lack of cholesterol is good, but what goals are you referring to? Weight loss, heart related etc? I'm not sure if eliminating meat is priority over eliminating simple and white carbs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The lack of cholesterol is good, but what goals are you referring to? Weight loss, heart related etc? I'm not sure if eliminating meat is priority over eliminating simple and white carbs.
    not eating factory farmed animal products

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    100%. From a health standpoint, cutting out carbs and sugar is a must.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

And I actually agree with this. I think a lot of people are going to jump on board corporate versions of vegan and consume ingredients that are just as harmful as what you'd find in processed meat.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    not eating factory farmed animal products
    But how does that really factor in health or taste wise? That's all that really matters.

1. Health
    2. Taste
    3. Price

probably in that order.. Anything else is weak.

Doing it for "cause" alone is submitting to the scam.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And I actually agree with this. I think a lot of people are going to jump on board corporate versions of vegan and consume ingredients that are just as harmful as what you'd find in processed meat.
    Exactly, it's a problem. When consuming less meat is done for pragmatic and practical reasons, such as health and affordability, I'm fine with it. When veganism becomes a religion due to scams from radical hipsters and Leftists like AOC (who eats hamburgers by the way; what a hypocrite)... it's a societal problem and a sign that it's a scam that has gone too far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    But how does that really factor in health or taste wise? That's all that really matters.

1. Health
    2. Taste
    3. Price

probably in that order.. Anything else is weak.

Doing it for "cause" alone is submitting to the scam.
    disagree with all this. thanks

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    100%. From a health standpoint, cutting out carbs and sugar is a must.
    Eh, I wouldn't say ALL carbs are bad. Definitely limit sugar and amylopectin (white starch) intake. But fiber is technically a carb and it has net-zero calories and helps you poop which is always a good thing and preserves your digestive health. And complex darker carbs like those in beans and vegetables are fine.

I eat a Greek-esque salad about every other day. With all natural ingredients: spring mix, chopped onions, chopped red onions, 3 kinds of olives, banana peppers and feta cheese (thus it's vegetarian but not vegan). I think vegetarianism in some lights can be pragmatic, but diehard veganism is a social scam and counter-productive to your health.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    disagree with all this. thanks
    Rule #1) Love yourself before all else.

Diehard veganism is a scam and arguably as unhealthy as a carnivorous-only diet.

At the end of the day, humanity is the master species of this planet. Top of the food chain. Chickens are chickens, fish are fish, sheep are sheep, etc. They are meant to be herded and consumed. If you're a human, you capitalize, and don't limit yourself unless absolutely necessary to your own survival.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Rule #1) Love yourself before all else.

Diehard veganism is a scam and arguably as unhealthy as a carnivorous-only diet.

At the end of the day, humanity is the master species of this planet. Top of the food chain. Chickens are chickens, fish are fish, sheep are sheep, etc. They are meant to be herded and consumed. If you're a human, you capitalize, and don't limit yourself unless absolutely necessary to your own survival.
    disagree. thanks

Thread Information