Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    silverblk mystix
    ...old friend/mentor sent me the invite...here is an email regarding the event...

not sure if I am going...or how pricey $$ it will be...is it worth it?

would you go?

Please Save the Date of Saturday, April 30th for what promises to be one of the most important and entertaining events of 2011. Kira and I are proud to be chairs of The Thalians 55th Annual Gala at The Playboy Mansion in honor of Hugh M. Hefner for a lifetime of philanthropy on the occasion of his 85th birthday.

As many of you know, it is a rare privilege to be invited to The Playboy Mansion on a Saturday night, and contributing to the evening’s larger-than-life hospitality will be celebrity guests, amazing food, silent and live auctions, full-hosted bar, and of course, in this Year of The Rabbit..... bunnies! The star-studded show will be produced by Hollywood heavyweight Gil Adler (Valkarie, Superman Returns, Constantine) with A-list musical performances produced by hitmaker Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins (Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson), and comedic entertainers including Roastmaster General Jeffrey Ross.

Over the past 55 years, The Thalians, long led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, has raised over $30 million in support of mental health diseases, including Autism, Alzheimer’s, Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Phobias, Post-Traumatic Stress, Depression and Addictions.

The beneficiary of this year’s event is Operation Mend at the UCLA Health System. Operation Mend treats U.S. soldiers and vets severely wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan. Timothy A. Miller, M.D., Operation Mend’s Executive Director and Chief Surgeon and himself a Vietnam veteran, is also being honored for his work healing America’s wounded warriors... body, mind and spirit.

The Robert H. Lorsch Family Foundation Trust is a proud sponsor of The Thalians 55th Gala. We look forward to your participation by reserving your VIP tables or individual tickets early. Sponsors who commit by February 15, 2011 can be listed on the formal invitation.

For more information on Sponsorships, VIP tables, Tickets and Tribute Ads in honor of the honorees or your family and friends who have served our country, please contact Bobbie Volman at 310-476-7002, Ext. 7015 / [email protected]. For more information and a video about The Thalians, visit www.rhlgroup.com/thalians.

We look forward to seeing you on April 30th at The Playboy Mansion in support of Operation Mend to celebrate a great year of giving.

Kira and Bob Lorsch
    P.O. Box 17034, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, Tel. 310-476-7002
    www.rhlgroup.com
    www.mymedicalrecordsonline.com/videos

About The Thalians
    The Thalians, led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, have raised over $30 million in support of Mental Health programs for pediatrics through geriatrics for diseases including: Autism, Alzheimer’s, Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Phobias, Post Traumatic Stress, Depression and Addictions. The annual Gala selects its honorees for their contributions to the entertainment industry and their philanthropic endeavors. The Mr./Ms. Wonderful award was personally created and designed for The Thalians by Walt Disney himself and has become a most sought after celebrity award.

Past honorees of The Thalians have included Shirley MacLaine, Gene Kelly, Ann-Margret, Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Debbie Reynolds, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Angela Lansbury, James Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, Kenny Rogers, Sally Field, Mary Tyler Moore, Burt Bacharach, Sir Roger Moore and Clint Eastwood. The Thalians cause is Mental Illness, which affects more people than all other diseases combined. In an effort to give where it is needed most, our focus this year is the well-being of America’s Wounded Warriors. Learn more at http://www.thethalians.org.

About Operation Mend
    Operation Mend is a unique partnership between Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas and the Veterans Administration of the Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System. It has been established to help treat U.S. soldiers wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan. Vietnam veteran, Timothy A. Miller, M.D., Professor and Chief Surgeon of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, is Executive Director and Chief Surgeon of Operation Mend. The Thalians are proud to present him with a special Medical Award at the Gala for his dedication to Healing America’s Wounded Warriors…Body, Mind and Spirit. This year’s Gala proceeds benefit the mental health area of Operation Mend. Please visit http://www.operationmend.ucla.edu for more information.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i say u should go so u can straddle hefners stroodle

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm pretty sure I got that same email spammed to me about 900 times in my junk mail box.

silverblk mystix
    I'm pretty sure I got that same email spammed to me about 900 times in my junk mail box.
    well, maybe...but if you want to support that cause--I DID include the info/contact person,etc...

but it is legit and I am sure only so much space is available...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

silverblk mystix
    manny is gay doesn't like playboy bunnies...go figure

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    No, he laughs because the likelihood of schlubs like us being invited to the PBM is minuscule at best.

Its a junk email.

...and in the most unlikely scenario that it isnt, your checkbook doesnt carry nearly enough weight to find yourself in proper company.

Total guess here, but I would think your average celebrity drops bare minimum $15-30k at such an event.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You didn't get invited to dude. Thats like me saying, oh I got invited to hang out with the Spurs when I bought some tickets. You got forwarded the same spam everyone gets.

Hey, did you get a business proposition from Nigerian royalty too??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

silverblk mystix
    No, he laughs because the likelihood of schlubs like us being invited to the PBM is minuscule at best.

Its a junk email.

...and in the most unlikely scenario that it isnt, your checkbook doesnt carry nearly enough weight to find yourself in proper company.

Total guess here, but I would think your average celebrity drops bare minimum $15-30k at such an event.
    Well, it doesn't surprise that your first reaction is to scoff-since most every thread here is from trolls..so I can understand that.

It is not a junk email-and it is not everyday that one gets such an invite...just thought I would post it for two reasons...
    1) it is for a good cause and if I can't or decide not to make the trip--maybe someone else can support the cause and have a nice evening as well.

2) there are far more mundane threads about far more mundane topics than spending a saturday night at the mansion.

If you read the invitation-there are opportunities for VIP tables, sponsorships and also just plain TICKETS...so it is a very doable thing to do--AGAIN--the reason why I posted is to give others a shot...

instead of trying to be a comic--you guys can investigate it and thank me later--if anyone decides to go to this event...

I have no reason to try and lie or misrepresent --this is nothing to be trolling about and won't benefit me in any way...but it could benefit someone who does a little research and finds out it is legit.

You may make some valuable connections if you are into that sort of thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Oh man, you can't make this up.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    on second thought, I'm going to give this a shot! and then after that I'll finally order those pills and have the 18" I've always wanted.

silverblk mystix
    You didn't get invited to dude. Thats like me saying, oh I got invited to hang out with the Spurs when I bought some tickets. You got forwarded the same spam everyone gets.

Hey, did you get a business proposition from Nigerian royalty too??
    This is a common post by you. Jumping in and talking out your ass to someone you know nothing about.

Just plain ignorance.

Like I stated before-this is from a friend/mentor. I am sure he has to send a lot of invitations-but at the same time-space is limited.

Not everyone will be invited and it is not some spam junk emailing. Like I stated before-do the research-BEFORE you try to inject your unfounded sarcasm/insults/ignorance.

I am 1300 miles away or I would just accept the invite, buy my ticket like I've done before to these fundraisers and be done with it. Since I am not in the area anymore-I thought I would post it for someone else.

If anyone decides to buy a ticket and go-they can tell us all how it went and they can tell assholes like you that there wasn't a million spaces available and that it was a pretty exclusive event.

Or you can inject your insults at everyone who posts here like you spend most of your time doing. I won't be surprised.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Nothing says exclusivity like an email over the internet posted on Spurstalk!

silverblk mystix
    Nothing says exclusivity like an email over the internet posted on Spurstalk!
    Yet, there are names, phone numbers and specific info-for any of YOU that would like to research it--before publicly spewing your ignorance.

If anyone cares to verify it--you may be surprised.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hey you guys, I just got an email that says I won a free IPOD, but see they gave me a link.. and I already have an ipod, so you guys should benefit and thank me later!!!!!!!!!!

freeipodtouches.com

btw this email says its legit so it has to be trues...

VERIFY IT !

You're in for a surprise

silverblk mystix
    What is funny-is that I hear a lot of talking here and bragging about all kinds of ...

yet--when was the last time ANYONE here went to the Playboy Mansion?

If this is such a mass junk mailing...why hasn't everyone here that likes to brag-been there already?

Yet, I give you a shot and you'd rather scoff than to research just how hard it is to get in.

It is there if anyone wants it. Nothing you say surprises me anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So are you going or not? If you do, take pics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You're right that there are a lot of threads on here bragging. Some cool, some not.

I have to say this is the first one bragging about getting spam though.

The event is SO exclusive - you just have to buy a ticket to get in.

silverblk mystix
    You're right that there are a lot of threads on here bragging. Some cool, some not.

I have to say this is the first one bragging about getting spam though.

The event is SO exclusive - you just have to buy a ticket to get in.
    If you were to actually think, be respectful of others and THEN post...geez wouldn't that reveal how intelligent you can be.

Manny, try it. Just try to get into the mansion...just ask around...just research a little and let me know how EASY it is to get in...buying tickets or paying through the nose or not...just give it a shot.

You won't get in.

Seems like you believe that EVERYONE can just get invited. Ask around how many people get in that are NOT celebrities/millionaires,etc...

I understand that they are selling spaces/tickets/sponsorships,etc...because that is what fundraisers are for...

but this is not a little barbeque at the local ymca for selling raffle tickets to win a in playstation...

and please let me know when YOU or ANYONE you know gets one of these junk emails...

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    yet--when was the last time ANYONE here went to the Playboy Mansion?
    Yesterday. Honestly it gets old after a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Epic.

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Silver thinks he's special.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hope we get the CCTV footage when silver shows up and gets tazed.

silverblk mystix

Silver thinks he's special.
    Of course-you are missing the point.

It matters not if you believe it or not and it isn't a big deal in my life...I just thought it was amusing to get the invite and thought I'd share it.

It is an exclusive event and anyone here that wants to buy a ticket --has all the info they need.

If there are people from L.A. here-it could be a pretty cool thing to attend.

It wasn't meant to be something to be proud of...what kind of an asshole would feel special for this?

You missed the point and jumped on the bandwagon of scoffers/trolls,etc..

your loss if you don't research it and support a good cause...

Thread Information