Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people give Jordan a pass for 95?

And don't give me that he was rusty BS argument, by the time they got to the playoffs the rust was long gone

If Lebron got stripped by Nick or if he passed instead of shooting you would never hear the end of it

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Do you watch baseball? If not, google image search Bartolo Colon, CC Sabathia, Dmitri Young, etc... There is a huuuuuge difference between baseball shape and basketball shape. In 95 you could see Jordan did not have his legs under him. It was clear as day. The only other explantion was he was washed up - --a theory he refuted in 96.

He played like 17 games before the playoffs. His conditioning was not up to par.

And don't give me that he was rusty BS argument, by the time they got to the playoffs the rust was long gone

If Lebron got stripped by Nick or if he passed instead of shooting you would never hear the end of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you watch baseball? If not, google image search Bartolo Colon, CC Sabathia, Dmitri Young, etc... There is a huuuuuge difference between baseball shape and basketball shape. In 95 you could see Jordan did not have his legs under him. It was clear as day. The only other explantion was he was washed up - --a theory he refuted in 96.

He played like 17 games before the playoffs. His conditioning was not up to par.
    Baseball is not a sport

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Baseball is not a sport

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because it's a legit excuse that's why.. He was off nearly 2 years.. Training daily in a different sport. By Nov of 95 he was ready to crush everyone again..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. 2 different skill sets. And he was gone nearly 2 years.. Not 2 months..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball is not a sport
    Probably going to be the closest thing to one you see in 2020 tho

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Exactly. 2 different skill sets. And he was gone nearly 2 years.. Not 2 months..
    On top of all that, it's not like Nick Anderson was a scrub or Orlando was a bad team. I've seen Lebron get outscored by a role player in the 2011 Finals. Also seen him get stuffed by Nate Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On top of all that, it's not like Nick Anderson was a scrub or Orlando was a bad team. I've seen Lebron get outscored by a role player in the 2011 Finals. Also seen him get stuffed by Nate Robinson.
    The dude couldn’t post up JJ Barea. Just throwing that out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball is not a sport
    You're making the other side's point, then. If baseball isn't a sport, then he was clearly in bad shape from playing a non-sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then came the Wizards, and lets not discuss that..
    I don't think the Wizards years hurt his legacy at all, tbh. If anything, it adds to his legend a bit - here is this 40 year old guy coming out of retirement and putting up 40 points multiple times. His team wasn't very good, but that's the part you ignore because he's a 40 year old coming out of retirement. Nobody in their right mind would've thought the Wizards could do anything, but individually he was still pretty great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jordan benefited by being away when the teams built around great centers decided to get their acts together by actually putting pieces together...

too bad the spurs had to wait til td arrive, those drob spurs from 90-95 = needed a reliable 2nd man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Wizards years hurt his legacy at all, tbh. If anything, it adds to his legend a bit - here is this 40 year old guy coming out of retirement and putting up 40 points multiple times. His team wasn't very good, but that's the part you ignore because he's a 40 year old coming out of retirement. Nobody in their right mind would've thought the Wizards could do anything, but individually he was still pretty great.
    He was still pretty good, showed you the flashes of greatness. I just thought it was so awesome he had a perfect ending to his career. Retiring at the peak of his game, winning another championship and hitting the game-winning shot.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, I think most people pretend like old man lottery Jordan never happened. It was pretty bad seeing Charles Smith eat him alive on TNT for example.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cool flashback. Some old Spurs

Thread Information