Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, that's a dumbass point. Even when he lost to a super team (Dubs with KD) he was still clearly the best in those series.

Jordan couldn't beat a super team either (80s Celtics). Matter of fact he didn't win until Bird's back went out and Showtime broke up. But MJ, not Bron is in his top 5? FOH son. Both of you.
    Legacies are all about winning or losing. Not "Hey I got 5 excuses for you why I lost" Lebron built the Super team in Miami. He deserved what he got down the road.. Duncan got beat down in 2001 and 2002 by the Lakers.. Did he he ever phone up Shaq, and Kobe wanting to play PF for them? Lebron started the BS with these players teaming up.. And even now he wanted to get AD, and Leonard for sake..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pierce was well on his way to singlehandedly beating the '12 Heatles until the refs took over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol today's epidode of Game of Zones is fitting

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well to be fair they lost Horace Grant
    And Jordan didn't kick Shaq's ass, 2 different poitions smh

As for Shaq... yes he was the Finals MVP but it was actually Kobe who was the 1A in the West playoffs ; Kobe was their best player against San Antonio, Portland, Sacramento, Phoenix etc
    Who hacked lefty account?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, that's a dumbass point. Even when he lost to a super team (Dubs with KD) he was still clearly the best in those series.

Jordan couldn't beat a super team either (80s Celtics). Matter of fact he didn't win until Bird's back went out and Showtime broke up. But MJ, not Bron is in his top 5? FOH son. Both of you.
    Bad boys Pistons were the top dogs by 88 tbh. They actually were by 87 if not for Isiah's brain fade. Pistons don't get enough credit. If they beat the Lakers in 88 and three peat before the Bulls, they go down as one of the greatest dynasties. A lot of what ifs

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I have all those guys in my Top 7

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have all those guys in my Top 7
    You're a smart guy. I think the little fanboy in you gets the better of you is all.

Wilt's not in my top seven cos he lacks heart. Though I do like him dressing down Jordan.
    Russell is in my top twenty-five. He benefited from a clearly weaker era and great teammates.

Bird and Duncan make my Mt. Rushmore.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You're a smart guy. I think the little fanboy in you gets the better of you is all.

Wilt's not in my top seven cos he lacks heart. Though I do like him dressing down Jordan.
    Russell is in my top twenty-five. He benefited from a clearly weaker era and great teammates.

Bird and Duncan make my Mt. Rushmore.
    Older heads would argue we overrate the 80s.

When comparing teams I tend to draw a line in most sports at 80s. Maybe because of steroids?

But I have no issue ranking ancient players on my lists. Yah Babe Ruth wouldn't be as dominant or possibly At all today but I am rating first accomplishments. Then how they would compare in a playoff series and then if still undecided 1v1

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older heads would argue we overrate the 80s.

When comparing teams I tend to draw a line in most sports at 80s. Maybe because of steroids?

But I have no issue ranking ancient players on my lists. Yah Babe Ruth wouldn't be as dominant or possibly At all today but I am rating first accomplishments. Then how they would compare in a playoff series and then if still undecided 1v1
    I think Ruth would be more dominant in today's game. He apparently had the sweetest HR swing of all-time. He was crushing his peers. He was like Griffey Jr. to the nth degree.
    Yea, roids were big. Jordan and Lebron both used. Bird and Magic didn't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bad boys Pistons were the top dogs by 88 tbh. They actually were by 87 if not for Isiah's brain fade. Pistons don't get enough credit. If they beat the Lakers in 88 and three peat before the Bulls, they go down as one of the greatest dynasties. A lot of what ifs
    They were really good. Matter of fact if Stern didn't stop them from (literally) beating MJ's ass, I'm not sure if MJ would have more than 2 rings (Pistons eventually got old and/or broke up).

But in 89, if Magic and B Scott don't blow their hammies, Magic 3peats and is sitting on 6 rangs before MJ even wins 1. Different argument then. I'll concede Magic isn't GOAT but in my eyes he's firmly on Mount Rushmore.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    They were really good. Matter of fact if Stern didn't stop them from (literally) beating MJ's ass, I'm not sure if MJ would have more than 2 rings (Pistons eventually got old and/or broke up).

But in 89, if Magic and B Scott don't blow their hammies, Magic 3peats and is sitting on 6 rangs before MJ even wins 1. Different argument then. I'll concede Magic isn't GOAT but in my eyes he's firmly on Mount Rushmore.
    Let's chat. I got a question for you

So Kareem. Hey he's my #2 all time. Magic, my starting PG. So how did Bird manage to outduel this dream duo? I never see Laker fan pimping McHale & Parish. Aingle?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    My 5

C: Kareem
    PF: Duncan
    SF: Bird
    SG: Jordan
    PG: Magic

Larry's 3 point shooting over Lebron's versatility

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

So Kareem. Hey he's my #2 all time. Magic, my starting PG. So how did Bird manage to outduel this dream duo? I never see Laker fan pimping McHale & Parish. Aingle?
    1984? Magic screwed up at the end of the clincher. What other time did Bird beat the Lakers in the Finals?

Kareem Abdul Jabbar is more accomplished than anybody. Won multiple championships on EVERY level. And no I don't count those bull Celtics les in the 50s and 60s. Kareem would DOMINATE Russell and that entire era. If he was white would he be your #1?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I don't get why people sleep on Mchale and Parish. Chief was a badass who did a lot of dirty work because his team needed it, but he was also skilled. And Mchale could head fake anyone out of their shorts. Best footwork ever, right up there with Hakeem and Duncan in that dept.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    1984? Magic screwed up at the end of the clincher. What other time did Bird beat the Lakers in the Finals?

Kareem Abdul Jabbar is more accomplished than anybody. Won multiple championships on EVERY level. And no I don't count those bull Celtics les in the 50s and 60s. Kareem would DOMINATE Russell and that entire era. If he was white would he be your #1?
    2/5 of the greatest basketball players ever; to actually be on the same one team together is rather remarkable.

Yet the team that battled them doesn't get 1 player on the tile lists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers weren’t going to beat Detroit in 89 regardless, Pistons had the better team

In fact they should have won in 88, Isiah’s injury and that BS call on Laimbeer prevented that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers weren’t going to beat Detroit in 89 regardless, Pistons had the better team

In fact they should have won in 88, Isiah’s injury and that BS call on Laimbeer prevented that
    ^ this

Pistons were robbed in 88 tbh. Isiah still can't get over the fact that everyone including the players hated the Pistons back then. The general audience never embraced the Pistons and were waiting for MJ to finally dethrone them. Even after MJ rang, the narrative was that the torch was passed on from Magic to Jordan, infact it was actually passed on from Isiah to Jordan.

Looking back at the Last Dance do entary, Pistons were the reason MJ became so possessed with winning. MJ should've been the bigger man and let things go.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Your Purple and Gold hatred is rearing its ugly head. I respect it tho Fatigue from deep playoff runs did them in in 1989 (not to mention Magic was out). We've seen it time and time again:

The 80s Lakers simply ran out of gas (Celtics too). The Lakers and Celtics were in the Finals 8 times collectively in that decade. Couple that with Cap being 42 years old, they were ripe for a defeat.

Same thing happened in 2011. Lakers made Finals appearances 2008-2010 so when a defensive juggernaut that could shoot stepped to them (2011 Mavs) it was too much to overcome. It didn't help that MVPau got cucked and was playing the 2011 playoffs with a broken heart. SMH

Same thing happened in 2003. Lakers just 3peated, but Shaq and Kobe were at each other's throats. It didn't help that Shaq ballooned up to 385lbs (Kevin Willis was beating him up and down the court easily) SMH. Then it happened again in 2004 when Ben Wallace did the same.

Look at the 1998 Bulls. They were on fumes and barely got by the Jazz in 6 (I still say MJ pushed off). Who knows what happens in a game 7 in Salt Lake? (RIP to Coach Sloan BTW). We know the 1999 Spurs would have beaten them the following year if Krause didn't break them up. Why? Fatigue from deep playoff runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this points it would be pure stupidity not to have Lebron in the top 5. I. Any even think of too many reasons not to have him in the top 3.

That or pure hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this points it would be pure stupidity not to have Lebron in the top 5. I. Any even think of too many reasons not to have him in the top 3.

That or pure hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “What has LeBron did to build up any organization from the ground?" Pierce said. "I’m talking about these players, top-5 players. Bill Russell built the organization of Boston, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Bird. These guys are all-time top 10 players who helped build their organization or continued the tradition.”

Actually a Good point..
    I don't remember Kobe building the Lakers. I remember Kobe destroying the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That or pure hate.
    He's Top 2 at the very least.

If someone can't look at both MJ and LeGOAT and notice that they both stand out from even other all-time greats...then like you said they're either an idiot, a hater, or both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think Lebron's legacy won't age well. There's a wave of people declaring him the goat because he's still in the league and there's a general recency bias, but when people reflect on his career, it will be similar to how they view Wilt Chamberlain. "He was that great...so why only 3 rings? (And one of those he's lucky to have.)"

Now granted, comparing someone to Wilt is no insult. Wilt was ing great. But they both can be classified as players whose winning didn't match their individual greatness.

Thread Information