Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think Lebron's legacy won't age well. There's a wave of people declaring him the goat because he's still in the league and there's a general recency bias, but when people reflect on his career, it will be similar to how they view Wilt Chamberlain. "He was that great...so why only 3 rings? (And one of those he's lucky to have.)"

Now granted, comparing someone to Wilt is no insult. Wilt was ing great. But they both can be classified as players whose winning didn't match their individual greatness.
    He's lucky to have all of them, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like i said how is he goat when he loss twice to duncan, and 1 to dirk with a bunch of pensioners?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What if he wins two more, with AD as the FMVP?

Honestly I think Lebron's legacy won't age well. There's a wave of people declaring him the goat because he's still in the league and there's a general recency bias, but when people reflect on his career, it will be similar to how they view Wilt Chamberlain. "He was that great...so why only 3 rings? (And one of those he's lucky to have.)"

Now granted, comparing someone to Wilt is no insult. Wilt was ing great. But they both can be classified as players whose winning didn't match their individual greatness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who hacked lefty account?
    La Migra, watch out

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    La Migra, watch out

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if he wins two more, with AD as the FMVP?
    Ring chasing ain't GOAT stuff. You saw what Lebron was in his prime.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wins le for loserest sports town of all time, that ring is worth 3 anywhere else.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I can see that tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

lol "lucky to have"

maybe then we should say the spurs were lucky to have a ring in 02-03, because Webber and Dirk got hurt

or that the bulls in 98 were lucky to have that one because of a good bounce of a rebound against indy

or that the celtics in 08 were lucky due to a terrible missed call for lebron in game 7

we can go on for hours with this crap

if you won, you won. fact is, despite rays shot, they still had to come back from a large deficit, which lebron pretty much singlehandedly did, including hitting the 3 that even made it possible for rays shot to be worth anything. not to mention completely dominating the spurs in every facet of game 7 with what can arguably be considered the greatest game 7 finals performance in NBA history

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll give ya game 7. Lebron came up big.

But people say Lebron was lucky because he was trying to give game 6 away. It's that whole sequence of events that you just don't see from star players in crunch time, NBA finals games.

Final 2 minutes -- Heat up 89-86, at home, Lebron get's juked out of his shorts by Parker, tie game 89-89 with 1:28 left. Then Lebron with a careless turnover with 41 seconds left. Then Lebron comes down and commits another turnover with 30 seconds left. And before you can blink the 89-86 lead is now a 94-89 deficit and that is largely thanks to the 'king'.

Now, almost all le teams need a little luck here or there. So I am not saying it is an illegitimate le. But I understand why the Skip Bayless types make the claim.

lol "lucky to have"

maybe then we should say the spurs were lucky to have a ring in 02-03, because Webber and Dirk got hurt

or that the bulls in 98 were lucky to have that one because of a good bounce of a rebound against indy

or that the celtics in 08 were lucky due to a terrible missed call for lebron in game 7

we can go on for hours with this crap

if you won, you won. fact is, despite rays shot, they still had to come back from a large deficit, which lebron pretty much singlehandedly did, including hitting the 3 that even made it possible for rays shot to be worth anything. not to mention completely dominating the spurs in every facet of game 7 with what can arguably be considered the greatest game 7 finals performance in NBA history

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I'll give ya game 7. Lebron came up big.

But people say Lebron was lucky because he was trying to give game 6 away. It's that whole sequence of events that you just don't see from star players in crunch time, NBA finals games.
    yup. kobe never had a bad moment in a finals game. mike never did either. nor timmy, dirk, bird, magic, or basically every other superstar in history. lebron has been the only star to have a turnover in crunch time.

Final 2 minutes -- Heat up 89-86, at home, Lebron get's juked out of his shorts by Parker, tie game 89-89 with 1:28 left.
    tony parker hitting a prayer of a shot is lebron getting "juked out of his shorts"

Then Lebron with a careless turnover with 41 seconds left
    yep a bad turnover

Then Lebron comes down and commits another turnover with 30 seconds left.
    not his fault at all, bosh completely botched that play, having a wide open alley-oop that he wasnt paying attention for

And before you can blink the 89-86 lead is now a 94-89 deficit and that is largely thanks to the 'king'.
    yes and prior to the lead, they were down 16 and led a furious comeback, largely thanks to the 'king'

after the 94-89 deficit, they cut it to a 94-92 deficit that was no longer seemingly insurmountable, largely thanks to the 'king'

then after winning the game, they still had a game 7 to win, which they did, largely thanks to the 'king'

still not sure why your so butthurt over his 'king" nickname, considering mike was actually the self-proclaimed "black jesus"

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    LeBron is Top 3 since the 1990s

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    “What has LeBron did to build up any organization from the ground?" Pierce said. "I’m talking about these players, top-5 players. Bill Russell built the organization of Boston, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Bird. These guys are all-time top 10 players who helped build their organization or continued the tradition.”

Actually a Good point..
    It’s a stupid point that moves the goalposts and makes no sense. He criticizes Lebron for not “building an organization from the ground” but then lists a bunch of guys who “continued the tradition” and clearly didn’t build an organization from the ground either.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's the 2nd time you have mentioned that three he hit to draw them within 2. But failed to mention he about broke the damn backboard with a brick the shot prior. With his teammates bailing him out with an offensive rebound, which affirms the narrative that he got lucky and bailed out to begin with.

As far as the "king" label, I will defer to Rasheed Wallace on that:

yup. kobe never had a bad moment in a finals game. mike never did either. nor timmy, dirk, bird, magic, or basically every other superstar in history. lebron has been the only star to have a turnover in crunch time.

tony parker hitting a prayer of a shot is lebron getting "juked out of his shorts"

yep a bad turnover

not his fault at all, bosh completely botched that play, having a wide open alley-oop that he wasnt paying attention for

yes and prior to the lead, they were down 16 and led a furious comeback, largely thanks to the 'king'

after the 94-89 deficit, they cut it to a 94-92 deficit that was no longer seemingly insurmountable, largely thanks to the 'king'

then after winning the game, they still had a game 7 to win, which they did, largely thanks to the 'king'

still not sure why your so butthurt over his 'king" nickname, considering mike was actually the self-proclaimed "black jesus"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    PSA

Pierce got ethered on national TV with the score only 1-0

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    41 seconds into the game

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Gotta give Draymond credit. He is a world class trash talker.

PSA

Pierce got ethered on national TV with the score only 1-0

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotta give Draymond credit. He is a world class trash talker.
    I was rollin

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    That's the 2nd time you have mentioned that three he hit to draw them within 2. But failed to mention he about broke the damn backboard with a brick the shot prior. With his teammates bailing him out with an offensive rebound, which affirms the narrative that he got lucky and bailed out to begin with.
    then he bailed his team out by making that offensive rebound valuable to begin with by bringing them back to a point where the game was compe ive when earlier it was headed towards a blowout

we can do this all day. in the end, all that matters is the win. to go with the win, lebron was by far the best player in that game, regardless of his mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pierce was going straight to the Hall of Shame until KG and Ray Allen came over to hold his hand to a championship, tbh... not sure how much stock you can put on what he says...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    then he bailed his team out by making that offensive rebound valuable to begin with by bringing them back to a point where the game was compe ive when earlier it was headed towards a blowout

we can do this all day. in the end, all that matters is the win. to go with the win, lebron was by far the best player in that game, regardless of his mistakes.
    I don't even disagree with all that, tbh. Legit le and he was FMVP. I'm just saying i get why the critics claim he got bailed out. There's some evidence for it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I don't even disagree with all that, tbh. Legit le and he was FMVP. I'm just saying i get why the critics claim he got bailed out. There's some evidence for it.
    theres literally not one shred of evidence, considering all the actual facts that exist.

it would be one thing if bron played like trash all game, then wade went crazy and led them almost singlehandedly to a victory in the 4th, and then completely dominated game 7. then there might be some evidence.

but one bad turnover and a clutch shot from ray allen doesnt serve as a remotely legitimate bit of evidence that he was bailed out of an entire NBA finals series

Thread Information