Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the 1999 team is IMO the weakest of Duncan's le run
    I'd argue that the 2003 team was. That team was so dependent on Timmy, had no other all star caliber player, and was prone to massive 4th quarter collapses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd argue that the 2003 team was. That team was so dependent on Timmy, had no other all star caliber player, and was prone to massive 4th quarter collapses.
    2003 was the heart attack team lol

At the same time they weren’t supposed to win the le, it was more of a transition year, so it was a fun ride

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billups GOAT confirmed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 was the heart attack team lol

At the same time they weren’t supposed to win the le, it was more of a transition year, so it was a fun ride
    Very good point lol. They used to drive me nuts. That le was mainly due to prime Timmy showing out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, with teammates like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker, I don't even think Tim Duncan would make the playoffs with that roster. Maybe an 8 seed at best.
    That lie again. It’s like Caron Butler didn’t exist.

MVPau made the playoffs in the same conference in the same year with a supporting cast of similar quality (arguably worse).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the 1999 team is IMO the weakest of Duncan's le run
    Not relative to their respective eras. That '99 team started off 6-8 the first 14 games, finished 31-5 over the last 36 games. Went 15-2 in the playoffs. So 46-7 to end the season, including playoffs.

That '99 team gets slept on, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In 2006, Kobe made the playoffs and managed 45 wins with a roster full of misfits:

basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2006.html

When inconsistent Odom is your 2nd best player and you have rec-league baller, Smush Parker in your starting lineup, your squad sucks!!

That lie again. It’s like Caron Butler didn’t exist.

MVPau made the playoffs in the same conference in the same year with a supporting cast of similar quality (arguably worse).

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron is the Kaepernick of the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2006, Kobe made the playoffs and managed 45 wins with a roster full of misfits:

basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2006.html

When inconsistent Odom is your 2nd best player and you have rec-league baller, Smush Parker in your starting lineup, your squad sucks!!
    First of all we were talking about 2005 not 2006.

Second Phil Jackson did a fantastic job that year making the team work together. The blueprint was the 2001 76ers, only Iverson took the team to the finals.

Third Odom was great that year and very underrated his entire career (for some reason happens to all the good kobe teammates like shaq, MVPau, Bynum, dwight, Eddie Jones. Might have something to do with getting all the blame and none of the glory)

Fourth, Duncan won a championship with Avery Johnson in his starting lineup and got that guys jersey retired. He also had a 35 yo Elie staring next to him.

Fiffth thanks for bringing up odom. Kobe missed the playoffs with odom and the juice.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    First of all we were talking about 2005 not 2006.

Second Phil Jackson did a fantastic job that year making the team work together. The blueprint was the 2001 76ers, only Iverson took the team to the finals.

Third Odom was great that year and very underrated his entire career (for some reason happens to all the good kobe teammates like shaq, MVPau, Bynum, dwight, Eddie Jones. Might have something to do with getting all the blame and none of the glory)

Fourth, Duncan won a championship with Avery Johnson in his starting lineup and got that guys jersey retired. He also had a 35 yo Elie staring next to him.

Fiffth thanks for bringing up odom. Kobe missed the playoffs with odom and the juice.
    Odom played for the Mavs. His jersey should be burned and the number he wore never wore again as he put so much shame upon it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billups just happned to be in the right time at the right place, between the peaks of major NBA powers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odom played for the Mavs. His jersey should be burned and the number he wore never wore again as he put so much shame upon it.
    That was Mavs Odom, it's like saying Rodman is a scrub based on his Mavs/Lakers days, or Jordan was a borderline allstar based on his Wizard days.

Thread Information