Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It never ceases to amaze me how overrated Kobe is by certain people.
    some things will never change.

and those "certain people" are probably the majority of nba players and fans.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How many all defensive teams did Harrington make? I'm tryna see something.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many all defensive teams did Harrington make? I'm tryna see something.
    What's that matter? Kobe won some of those, and he had no business winning any.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's that matter? Kobe won some of those, and he had no business winning any.
    SMH at you making a dumb point about Kobe. Let the man RIP. This thread has 0 to do with Kobe son.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMH at you making a dumb point about Kobe. Let the man RIP. This thread has 0 to do with Kobe son.
    that. Compare Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant's defensive award numbers.

They're the same defender by the numbers; and frankly Pierce is better.

Now look at the discrepancy in the all-defense awards.

That's NBA marketing, bruh.

If you want to come here and fanboy it up, go ahead.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Lebron would be a top 10 player naturally, but roiding up in his 30s has brought him in the goat conversation. Middle-aged “freakish” athletes don’t really exist without help.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron would be a top 10 player naturally, but roiding up in his 30s has brought him in the goat conversation. Middle-aged “freakish” athletes don’t really exist without help.
    You think he's the basketball version of Barry Bonds, then?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    You think he's the basketball version of Barry Bonds, then?
    Yeah he’s approaching it for sure. I think after the Spurs wiped him out, he went full on using DWade’s connections in Miami. It’s not only enhanced him physically, but it’s helped his game as well. The NBA won’t let the truth come out because their ty product needs it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Jordan take steroids?
    Asking for a friend

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that. Compare Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant's defensive award numbers.

They're the same defender by the numbers; and frankly Pierce is better.

Now look at the discrepancy in the all-defense awards.

That's NBA marketing, bruh.

If you want to come here and fanboy it up, go ahead.
    - your Laker hate is clouding your judgment. It happens.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - your Laker hate is clouding your judgment. It happens.
    Did you look, fanboy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did you look, fanboy?
    You're an idiot

How many all defensive teams did Pierce make before KG and Thibbs got there? I'll hang up and listen.

The Boston Garden was chanting MVP in 2007 for Kobe. You know, one of Pierce's lotto seasons that led to the pick that was used to trade for Ray Allen. Then KG came too via Lurch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some things will never change.

and those "certain people" are probably the majority of nba players and fans.
    Low iq mother ers too. All of them.

Yeah he’s approaching it for sure. I think after the Spurs wiped him out, he went full on using DWade’s connections in Miami. It’s not only enhanced him physically, but it’s helped his game as well. The NBA won’t let the truth come out because their ty product needs it.
    IDK man, the Spurs destroyed him in 2014 but he was still a beast individually. It was his butt buddy Wade that looked done. LeGOAT never really fell off and then regained his form with roids. He probably is on something but its probably not something that other top guys dont have access to, imo.

He's just a freak of nature, tbf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres literally not one shred of evidence, considering all the actual facts that exist.

it would be one thing if bron played like trash all game, then wade went crazy and led them almost singlehandedly to a victory in the 4th, and then completely dominated game 7. then there might be some evidence.

but one bad turnover and a clutch shot from ray allen doesnt serve as a remotely legitimate bit of evidence that he was bailed out of an entire NBA finals series
    It's all narrative and spin. Same way Kyrie "bailed him out" in 2016. Somehow though, there's no talk about how Pau and Artest bailed Kobe out in 2010 (multiple times that playoffs, not just in game 7 of the finals). Strange...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cold blooded.

Too bad they coughed it up!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're an idiot

How many all defensive teams did Pierce make before KG and Thibbs got there? I'll hang up and listen.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't think any sensible person would claim Kyrie bailed out Lebron in 2016. Lebron came up bigtime with the block. Played with some actual balls and did his thing.

Now in 2013, you can make a case for him being bailed out as they were just moments away from losing that series and Lebron had 2 turnovers and a backboard breaking brick in the final 1:30. Plus Parker splashed a three in his grill. Dude was coughing it up.

It's all narrative and spin. Same way Kyrie "bailed him out" in 2016. Somehow though, there's no talk about how Pau and Artest bailed Kobe out in 2010 (multiple times that playoffs, not just in game 7 of the finals). Strange...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pierce is such a fraud. Has Kobe top 5 but not LJ? His reasoning didn’t even make sense since it was Shaq who brought the Lakers back to their glory days not Kobe. Also Kobe missed the playoffs as the man and lost in the 1st round twice as the man all while blowing a 3-1 lead. Kobe got them from 08-10 and that’s about it. Seriously 3 great years isn’t enough for me to rank him above Lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any sensible person would claim Kyrie bailed out Lebron in 2016. Lebron came up bigtime with the block. Played with some actual balls and did his thing.

Now in 2013, you can make a case for him being bailed out as they were just moments away from losing that series and Lebron had 2 turnovers and a backboard breaking brick in the final 1:30. Plus Parker splashed a three in his grill. Dude was coughing it up.
    He also hit the 3 before Allen's which kept them in it. And his game 7 performance was one of the greatest games I've ever seen anybody play, and it includes a dagger pull-up with less than a minute to go which sealed the game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He redeemed himself in GM7. No doubt about it. But I get the argument of the folks who criticize him for that GM 6.

He also hit the 3 before Allen's which kept them in it. And his game 7 performance was one of the greatest games I've ever seen anybody play, and it includes a dagger pull-up with less than a minute to go which sealed the game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    IDK, with teammates like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker, I don't even think Tim Duncan would make the playoffs with that roster. Maybe an 8 seed at best.

Pierce is such a fraud. Has Kobe top 5 but not LJ? His reasoning didn’t even make sense since it was Shaq who brought the Lakers back to their glory days not Kobe. Also Kobe missed the playoffs as the man and lost in the 1st round twice as the man all while blowing a 3-1 lead. Kobe got them from 08-10 and that’s about it. Seriously 3 great years isn’t enough for me to rank him above Lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, with teammates like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker, I don't even think Tim Duncan would make the playoffs with that roster. Maybe an 8 seed at best.
    Duncan had a team with Robinson averaging 5 points a game in the playoffs. Antonio Daniels and Danny Ferry starting, let me repeat, Danny Ferry and not even young Danny Ferry. 37 year old Terry Porter was like 4th in minutes for the Spurs and Duncan still made it to the second round of the playoffs.

**edit** got my years mixed up. He made it to the Conference Finals that year with Ferry and Daniels starting. Robinson however did have a good playoff run that year averaging 17 and 13. It was the next year that Robinson averaged 5 points a game. My point still stands though that Duncan had ty teammates too in his prime
    Last edited by KobesAchilles; 05-27-2020 at 12:40 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yes the 1999 team is IMO the weakest of Duncan's le run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

Thread Information