Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Per chris Simms

Veteran
    Post Count
    Franchise him 3 years ala Cousins and then let someone else pay him to choke in the playoffs ala Cousins.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    45 million with 0 guaranteed. Fine. Cut him & there's no dead cap then

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cowboys and dak both deny the above

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dalton. Then Rodgers.

Veteran
    Post Count
    cowboys and dak both deny the above

If the Cowboys want a longer extension, they're ing re ed, which isn't news to anyone. If Dak turned down $175 milli, he's ing re ed, which might explain his gy mustache.

Either way, Dak is Joe Flacco 2.0 waiting to happen, just absolutely no success in the postseason to justify such a ty deal.

Franchise him every year til something better comes down the pipe and then let him go. Dude is not a winner, that's why the Cowboys love him so much.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    If the Cowboys want a longer extension, they're ing re ed, which isn't news to anyone. If Dak turned down $175 milli, he's ing re ed, which might explain his gy mustache.

Either way, Dak is Joe Flacco 2.0 waiting to happen, just absolutely no success in the postseason to justify such a ty deal.

Franchise him every year til something better comes down the pipe and then let him go. Dude is not a winner, that's why the Cowboys love him so much.
    teams want longer deals because contracts always inflate with the cap. locking in a guy relative to the 2020 cap will be a bargain in 2024. thats why the raiders gladly gave Carr his big extension years ago. he was the "highest paid qb in nfl history" for like 3 days until (i believe) stafford signed his deal next. now the raiders have carr locked up for 20-22 mil per year for the next 3 seasons

Veteran
    Post Count
    teams want longer deals because contracts always inflate with the cap. locking in a guy relative to the 2020 cap will be a bargain in 2024. thats why the raiders gladly gave Carr his big extension years ago. he was the "highest paid qb in nfl history" for like 3 days until (i believe) stafford signed his deal next. now the raiders have carr locked up for 20-22 mil per year for the next 3 seasons

I might have read wrong, but I read an article on ESPN (the ranking of the worst to best offseasons) and they were discussing the salary cap decreasing somewhat based on the income loss they're potentially losing this upcoming season and how rotten contracts like Flacco could be a thing of the past and why the Boys are reluctant to drop trou to Dak.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Also, I'm still rooting for Carr to make a good comeback. He's a legit good dude, met him a few times and he was super accommodating and nice to the kids and autograph seekers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I might have read wrong, but I read an article on ESPN (the ranking of the worst to best offseasons) and they were discussing the salary cap decreasing somewhat based on the income loss they're potentially losing this upcoming season and how rotten contracts like Flacco could be a thing of the past and why the Boys are reluctant to drop trou to Dak.
    Jimmy G is another elephant in the room. Even average NFL starters don't miss that easy post shot to Sanders to .......win the Super Bowl.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Jimmy G is another elephant in the room. Even average NFL starters don't miss that easy post shot to Sanders to .......win the Super Bowl.

Jimmy G didn't hold out or stall negotiations. He took a fat offer. Smart business.

Dak has every right to hold out and get as much as he thinks he can get. Smart business. I don't fault him for that.

The Cowboys are going to overpay for an average QB that will put them in salary cap . Dumb business. I fault him the Cowboys for that. If they do how the Redskins did Cousins, I feel that is smart business, especially with a new coaching staff. See what you really got, and if he can surpass his stats with actual success when it matters, then give him the bread, its not like he won't be very-well compensated on the FT.

Time really is the best friend to the Cowboys here, as well as leverage. This is probably the most opportune time to just play the waiting game. The QB market was DEAD this offseason. Prices are going down, the salary cap might be shrinking.

Just seems the wisest thing to do. See if the investment improves in performance and they might be able to buy into the opportunity at a sweetheart cost.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    The Curse Of Tony Romo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Baker is going to be available after next year. Might as well take a chance on him. I still say they should’ve tanked for Lawerence by having Rush as the main QB. Jerry wants a super bowl and Dak ain’t getting him one cheap or expensive

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jimmy G didn't hold out or stall negotiations. He took a fat offer. Smart business.

Dak has every right to hold out and get as much as he thinks he can get. Smart business. I don't fault him for that.

The Cowboys are going to overpay for an average QB that will put them in salary cap . Dumb business. I fault him the Cowboys for that. If they do how the Redskins did Cousins, I feel that is smart business, especially with a new coaching staff. See what you really got, and if he can surpass his stats with actual success when it matters, then give him the bread, its not like he won't be very-well compensated on the FT.

Time really is the best friend to the Cowboys here, as well as leverage. This is probably the most opportune time to just play the waiting game. The QB market was DEAD this offseason. Prices are going down, the salary cap might be shrinking.

Just seems the wisest thing to do. See if the investment improves in performance and they might be able to buy into the opportunity at a sweetheart cost.
    Franchise tag is the ONLY decision in this case scenario, especially considering coronavirus. He gets paid, no long term commitment for the Cowboys, team is safeguarded against poor performance or long-term salary cap cutting due to a smaller league-wide purse due to less butts in NFL stadium seats.

I don't like the Redskins and their management sucks, but they absolutely did the right thing by tagging Cousins twice and then getting Alex Smith for half the price, bringing in Smith and Adrian Peterson to carry the team. The Redskins were actually on pace to make the playoffs that year before Smith got Joe Theismann'd.

Also, if Prescott holds out and/or doesn't sign the tag, it would be absolutely unprecedented as no QB in NFL history has ever done this. Prescott would be chastised and crucified by the entire media, NFL community and sporting world, for breaking this unwritten rule as a QB and supposed leader that comes with the position (this is FAR worse than a Leveon Bell who the media was 50/50 on because he was arguably the best RB in a tough market for RBs). Prescott's marketability and personal brand would fall off like a rock off a cliff and, unless he magically becomes Aaron Rodgers and wins a SB despite being a complete bag, his long-term value and price will go down, down, down.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Baker is going to be available after next year. Might as well take a chance on him. I still say they should’ve tanked for Lawerence by having Rush as the main QB. Jerry wants a super bowl and Dak ain’t getting him one cheap or expensive
    That was my schtick all along. Don't steal my schtick. Get your own schtick.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cowboys are trying to sign Dak for even longer than Dak wants, and you guys think they're going to move on from him?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That was my schtick all along. Don't steal my schtick. Get your own schtick.
    Was it? I’m low key hoping Jimmy G gets hurt again so the 49ers can draft him. I’ve been wanting him for my team since the championship game

I just figured it was more realistic for Dallas to suck than SF

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Was it? I’m low key hoping Jimmy G gets hurt again so the 49ers can draft him. I’ve been wanting him for my team since the championship game

I just figured it was more realistic for Dallas to suck than SF
    49ers would still win 10 games with Mullens. Let's not act like Jimmy G is a primary cog in that well oiled machine.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    49ers would still win 10 games with Mullens. Let's not act like Jimmy G is a primary cog in that well oiled machine.
    We got the #2 pick with him starting so I’m not as high on Mullins as other people. Plus the schedule is pretty tough

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We got the #2 pick with him starting so I’m not as high on Mullins as other people. Plus the schedule is pretty tough
    schedule is pretty piss easy outside the division games

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    schedule is pretty piss easy outside the division games
    6 tough division games plus games against Eagles, Packers, Saints, Bills, and Cowboys. That’s 11 tough games for Mullins right there. No way they win 10 games without Jimmy G.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    6 tough division games plus games against Eagles, Packers, Saints, Bills, and Cowboys. That’s 11 tough games for Mullins right there. No way they win 10 games without Jimmy G.
    Buffalo is going to stink next year. One-and-done written all over it... and it starts with the atrocious QB and slightly less bad but still bad HC. Look at their bottom heavy compe ion and how they barely beat bad teams all last year and get back to me on that one.

The system is about the ground game and their greatest strength is their defense. They don't need a good or great QB to win.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    cowboys are trying to sign Dak for even longer than Dak wants, and you guys think they're going to move on from him?
    that's not how it works. if they can give him a small enough signing bonus and make the contract longer, pay him the guarantees in the first 2 years and backload the "funny money" they can move on in say, 3 or even 2 years, with a smallish dead cap hit.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that's not how it works. if they can give him a small enough signing bonus and make the contract longer, pay him the guarantees in the first 2 years and backload the "funny money" they can move on in say, 3 or even 2 years, with a smallish dead cap hit.
    they want to lock him up for longer because it will become cap friendly down the line as the cap continues to increase

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    they want to lock him up for longer because it will become cap friendly down the line as the cap continues to increase
    exactly. but that 45 million number for the final year, if it's 35m average per year over 5 years, is unlikely to carry any guarantees. so they can just cut him then, and only have a dead money cap hit loss of 1/5 of whatever bonus they offer him in the clause (since the bonus, even if paid up front, is amortized equally over the course of the contract for cap purposes).

Thread Information