Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m beginning to think Warren is the best pick. The Dems have the same issues Republicans had in 2008 with a comatose candidate who can’t fund raise. Warren is the closest of anyone on the list to a celebrity candidate who inspires fundraising enthusiasm. Harris dropped out early because she couldn’t fundraiser at all, and I don’t see a less expierenced candidate like Abrams/Bottoms inspiring a fundraising windfall.
    Warren being VP definitely costs the Democrats the senate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren, nationally known (no Tim Kaine), brings Bernie's progressives and progressive policies, like rebuilding her CFPB.

I would expect she will get a lot progressive stuff into the platform, like
    $15 minimum wage indexed to inflation,
    killing forced arbitration,
    DACA permanent with short path to citizenship,
    uncapping Social Security,
    expanding Social Security
    financial transaction tax
    raising capital gains tax,
    killing carried interest

blacks are gonna vote Dem anyway, so an unknown black veep brings nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m beginning to think Warren is the best pick. The Dems have the same issues Republicans had in 2008 with a comatose candidate who can’t fund raise. Warren is the closest of anyone on the list to a celebrity candidate who inspires fundraising enthusiasm. Harris dropped out early because she couldn’t fundraiser at all, and I don’t see a less expierenced candidate like Abrams/Bottoms inspiring a fundraising windfall.
    On the other hand, I don't think they're going to have much trouble fundraising this time around... plus... 3/4 of the campaign already gone by and old Joe expenses are basically his basement electricity and water, tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Warren being VP definitely costs the Democrats the senate.
    If Baker appoints a Republican to the senate, he can kiss any political career in Massachusetts goodbye beyond this term, he’s lose all ability to claim “I’m not really a Republican” if he helped McConnell remain majority leader. The appointment would only be until Massachusetts holds a special election (albeit the last time Massachusetts had a special election it cost the Dems a super majority).

This is largely a hunch, I think well either see a disappointing result where the Dems flip Colorado and maybe 1 other seat, or a waive where the Dems have 52 or more seats. Iowa, NC and Montana are all or nothing - either they all flip or none flip imo.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Biden will probably do the most re ed thing like pick Tim Scott to “appease” the black voters and show everyone how dedicated he is to centrist cuck bull .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Biden will probably do the most re ed thing like pick Tim Scott to “appease” the black voters and show everyone how dedicated he is to centrist cuck bull .
    I think he’s gonna pick Kamala Harris - the black candidate who black peolple don’t even like.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    despite her campaign, i still would like warren to be in a position of power, which in most cases means staying in the senate as opposed to being a figurehead VP. but with biden, the "heartbeat away from the presidency" thing is actually quite relevant

at the same time, its tempting to get kamala out of the senate, but i dont want her anywhere near the presidency tbh
    Warren seems like the smart choice because she appeals to the left and is a woman of color.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren... appeals to the left and is a woman of color.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren seems like the smart choice because she appeals to the left and is a woman of color.
    lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kamala Harris is the obvious choice.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    When's the last time the Democrats didn't race bait their way into the White House

The 1990's?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When's the last time the Democrats didn't race bait their way into the White House

The 1990's?

That was fair play. Sadly somewhat effective too. Though really it came down to Ross Perot gumming up the works, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I assume Bottoms doesn't have a history of corruption nearly as bad as Kamala Harris.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is playing the saxophone race baiting?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably stole that joke from Greg Gutfeld. Low hanging fruit either way.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How is playing the saxophone race baiting?
    Not my intention

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably stole that joke from Greg Gutfeld. Low hanging fruit either way.
    Hey man don't presume to know where I steal my jokes from. I could have stole that from Jesse Waters or any number of conservative pundits for all you know.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Baker appoints a Republican to the senate, he can kiss any political career in Massachusetts goodbye beyond this term, he’s lose all ability to claim “I’m not really a Republican” if he helped McConnell remain majority leader. The appointment would only be until Massachusetts holds a special election (albeit the last time Massachusetts had a special election it cost the Dems a super majority).

This is largely a hunch, I think well either see a disappointing result where the Dems flip Colorado and maybe 1 other seat, or a waive where the Dems have 52 or more seats. Iowa, NC and Montana are all or nothing - either they all flip or none flip imo.
    I don't know. Thillis' seat is more vulnerable than you would first think since there is a Democratic governor in NC now. Baker may hate Trump but he'll nominate a centrist Republican who will still vote with McConnell.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't know. Thillis' seat is more vulnerable than you would first think since there is a Democratic governor in NC now. Baker may hate Trump but he'll nominate a centrist Republican who will still vote with McConnell.
    Polling wise Iowa and Montana have actually looked better than NC. You might be right since NC will depend a lot on black turnout while Iowa and Montana largely depend on enough white moderates with college degrees voting Democrat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keisha Lance bottoms VP aspirations dashed as she tests positive for Coronavirus.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keisha Lance bottoms VP aspirations dashed as she tests positive for Coronavirus.

Why would that dash anything? Unless there's something I'm missing, she could be clear of it by convention time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I said it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I said it
    You also said you'd vote for Biden over Trump

Thread Information