Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    SMH. the media really did a number on people.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Duncan over Kobe.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical combination of his usual bitterness plus Duncan/the Spurs being frowned upon by the majority of inner city blacks because they don't fit their narrow minded view of blackness. Bryant, despite spending much of his youth in Italy, more closely approximates it (Jordan caricature, glamor market/position, etc.).

Notice how they ignore Simmons' point about Duncan and instead pretend Bryant, who was only interested in winning on his terms, was more of a leader than a guy who was willing to win on any terms and that having only one coach was some supposed advantage (see James) or that he wasn't the primary reason for that.

All these Duncan/Spurs shots are the result of this and not playing the game within' the game with the media. They have no one to speak their truth or push their agenda/narrative, just a bunch of stereotypes and scorned media who couldn't wait for their retirement/downfall to pounce.
    Gonna be lame when one day Simmons starts rating Kobe above TD as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep telling y’all folks that Jim’s days are numbered. Dude has nobody sticking up for him in the media. Bowen and Jax downplaying Tim. Dudes gonna be ranked behind Curry and KD within 5 years. Just watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep telling y’all folks that Jim’s days are numbered. Dude has nobody sticking up for him in the media. Bowen and Jax downplaying Tim. Dudes gonna be ranked behind Curry and KD within 5 years. Just watch
    To who? Who cares what troglodyte casual fans think espn literally just ranked him ahead of Kobe causing plenty of salt to dumbass kobestans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh what did Bowen say about the great Timothy Theodore Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh what did Bowen say about the great Timothy Theodore Duncan?
    Said Kobe was the second best player ever. He was on ESPN when he said it too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To who? Who cares what troglodyte casual fans think espn literally just ranked him ahead of Kobe causing plenty of salt to dumbass kobestans
    Look at Bill Russell’s face when people say Wilt is better. Shaq got all pissed off bc he was 10. Guarantee you it bothers Tim when people say KG is better (and as stupid as it sounds here, a lot of people do say that). These players are all compe ive as and they care. Except maybe Bird

Tim is obviously the better leader though and Bill won’t say it bc Kobe died but Kobe has plenty of former teammates saying that he was aloof and didn’t talk in his early days. He snitched on Shaq. Phil wrote and entire ing book about how bad of a teammate Kobe was. People forget these things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Said Kobe was the second best player ever. He was on ESPN when he said it too
    No ing way. That's disgusting. Link?

If true this goes for Bruce too:

If you have Kobe Top 10 you're kind of an idiot. If you have him Top 2 you're clinically re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe ain't even a top 3 Laker of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe wouldn't have wanted to play with him. He couldn't even get on the bench that TOSB McGrady was occupying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way. That's disgusting. Link?

If true this goes for Bruce too:
    Here is the link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Tim the better player, Tim the better leader.

You know how I know Tim was a better leader? Other players actually liked playing with him. He broke the mold of the traditional "asshole leader" and proved you can be a likable guy and a dedicated winner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is funny because in 2003 he played very well, and got a ring.. So enough with the whiny BS..
    He was angry he didn't get paid after 2003. Then got pissed off the Spurs chose Manu over him in 2012? 2013? He became an issue that Spurs cut his ass right before the playoffs... He was done and couldn't accept it. I think he played a few games with Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This nikka used Sloan’s passing to prove a point

What a piece of sh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dincan's leadership is way better

Tim Duncan leads by exemple
    The fact that he was able to put up with that ballhog Parker all these years without puching the out of him is really impressive
    Jack is a moron but I'll still love that mother er for his playoff heroics in 2003 and 2012. for 2007 too. And for slamming that Detroit fan into the floor face first.
    dis...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This nikka used Sloan’s passing to prove a point

What a piece of sh
    What did he say about Sloan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if the media stop constantly overrating Magic And Bird. Yes they were both incredibly great players in the 1980s. But my god they both played on unbelievably stacked teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh Bruce

I'm so disappointed in him. Like there is literally no justifiable reason to have Kobe anywhere near the #2 spot. His advanced stats don't add up, he wasn't efficient enough, his numbers in the clutch/elimination games were horrible despite his reputation as some fearless closer. I know he died but ffs stop with the pity rankings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh Bruce

I'm so disappointed in him. Like there is literally no justifiable reason to have Kobe anywhere near the #2 spot. His advanced stats don't add up, he wasn't efficient enough, his numbers in the clutch/elimination games were horrible despite his reputation as some fearless closer. I know he died but ffs stop with the pity rankings.
    It's all ego just like it is with Jax. Bruce wants to be able to say to his kids and his family that he guarded the second greatest player of all time granted I don't agree with that assessment. I can't hate on Bruce only because I met him a year ago in Charlotte during the ASG. He was very nice and friendly towards me when I met him in a bar. With that being said I do strongly disagree with him on him ranking Kobe at #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he say about Sloan?
    On Twitter:

Always told me I was a tuff SOB and actually tried to get me to Utah a few times. One of the very few coaches that knew I could play this game. Rest Easy Coach Sloan. #GBG instagram.com/p/CAfpv6wl4TE/…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJax and Barnes are Neanderthals, so the Kobe/Jordan school of leadership is what works best for them. It doesn't work for everyone though, and Tim was clearly the better leader between the two.

Anyway, it looks like Timmy's fate has been sealed by the media/popular opinion. They're always going to use Pop, Manu, and Tony to bring him down, when his personality and style of play is the very thing that allowed that foursome to work so damn well together. They have to make him top 10 only because his ridiculous list of accomplishments is too great to ignore, but he's not regarded in the vein of Kobe/Magic/Bird and he never will be. Kareem, Hakeem, and even Shaq to a degree don't get that kind of love either, tbh. Big man bias is real.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you'd start a franchise with Kobe instead of Tim you gotta be re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people give a about what this guy has to say? He's clearly in the bottom half of human IQ, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other thing to consider is that ESPN may be writing there opinions ... remember Elliott complaining about having to always say what ESPN wanted him to say even when it was supposed to be his thoughts ...

Thread Information