Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he gave up crack...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes him worthy of a platform to speak about these things anyways? What did he do that was so great? Just a role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes him worthy of a platform to speak about these things anyways? What did he do that was so great? Just a role player.
    I appreciate his contribution to the 03 le he mad big shots for us and he had an edge to him the kind of edge that you sometime needs in playoff battles

Jax is just bitter he didn’t stay in San Antonio after the 03 le
    He was finally in a good situation after being an NBA reject, and he won a ring against a team that fut him

He’s just salty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other thing to consider is that ESPN may be writing there opinions ... remember Elliott complaining about having to always say what ESPN wanted him to say even when it was supposed to be his thoughts ...
    In an article about a month ago Elliott mentioned that way back in '03 during the summertime after the Spurs second le that they were a bunch of people at ESPN that felt Duncan was still not a hall of famer. According to Sean they all believed that he only won because he had David Robinson. Goes to show you how stupid those guys are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pretty much got his platform from insulting the Spurs. He took advantage of the media's hatred for the Spurs and booked a bunch of appearances on ESPN and Fox Sports during the #2 saga and spoke out against the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh Bruce

I'm so disappointed in him. Like there is literally no justifiable reason to have Kobe anywhere near the #2 spot. His advanced stats don't add up, he wasn't efficient enough, his numbers in the clutch/elimination games were horrible despite his reputation as some fearless closer. I know he died but ffs stop with the pity rankings.
    Bruce trying to get back into the good graces of LA owners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJax and Barnes are Neanderthals, so the Kobe/Jordan school of leadership is what works best for them. It doesn't work for everyone though, and Tim was clearly the better leader between the two.

Anyway, it looks like Timmy's fate has been sealed by the media/popular opinion. They're always going to use Pop, Manu, and Tony to bring him down, when his personality and style of play is the very thing that allowed that foursome to work so damn well together. They have to make him top 10 only because his ridiculous list of accomplishments is too great to ignore, but he's not regarded in the vein of Kobe/Magic/Bird and he never will be. Kareem, Hakeem, and even Shaq to a degree don't get that kind of love either, tbh. Big man bias is real.
    This is sadly true for a variety of reasons, although I feel like he'll always be regarded as a Top 10 player by experts, just not by casual fans
    I'm not sure bout how much he really cares tho, in the end he choose the low profile and what they built here in SA was pretty special and rewarding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not surprised Jackson said that he would take Kobe. Him and Kobe knew each other since high school, were friends and respected each other a lot. I honestly think he does have a lot of love for Timmy and Pop but like many have stated his time in San Antonio got cut short multiple times and both times were not on the nicest of terms.

This is his opinion but like you guys I think he is wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is gonna come as a huge surprise to all of yall, but these guys will say things that they don't really believe on TV for money.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we just need TP to say Kemba Walker was better than Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness to Sjax, there's a video out there of him defending Tim as for sure top 10 and calling him a "killer." There's another video of him describing how playing with Timmy was his first look at true greatness. I think that what he said speaks more to his preferred leadership style and reverence for Kobe than it does for how he feels about Timmy, and that's fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness to Sjax, there's a video out there of him defending Tim as for sure top 10 and calling him a "killer." There's another video of him describing how playing with Timmy was his first look at true greatness. I think that what he said speaks more to his preferred leadership style and reverence for Kobe than it does for how he feels about Timmy, and that's fine.
    He's also been saying for the whole entire year that Anthony Davis is Tim Duncan on steroids which is bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is gonna come as a huge surprise to all of yall, but these guys will say things that they don't really believe on TV for money.
    Agreed. If anything it shows which guys are broke and are not broke. The guys who say stupid stuff that is off the wall you can tell they are having financial problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. If anything it shows which guys are broke and are not broke. The guys who say stupid stuff that is off the wall you can tell they are having financial problems.
    I personally like RJ as a TV personality. There was a segment where he was roasting TD but you could tell it was tongue in cheek and he was clearly mocking the "hot take" guys with his delivery. If you didn't know his personality you woulda thought he was a TD hater.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally like RJ as a TV personality. There was a segment where he was roasting TD but you could tell it was tongue in cheek and he was clearly mocking the "hot take" guys with his delivery. If you didn't know his personality you woulda thought he was a TD hater.
    I have known for years RJ is a very sarcastic guy so I have laughed when he was thrown jabs at Duncan. RJ actually had the best interview of Duncan that I have ever seen a few years ago on his podcast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also said the Pacers would have took out the Spurs in the finals if he wouldn't have went in the stands in Detroit. So we have Jack to thank for the 05 ring, also he said it was Danny Granger's rookie year that year although Granger was still in college that year ha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always hated kobe but i respected his game. That said you can't ball out in L.A. because anything youve done you didn't do, L.A. did.

Try going to a hole like S.A. and win a ring with bonner and then you really did something.

If kobe was such a killer why was he playing for a readymade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we just need TP to say Kemba Walker was better than Tim.
    Would it surprise you at all? This is the guy that quit on TD and Manu before '14...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson would've been a Smush Parker scapegoat on a non Shaq or Gasol led team that featured Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also been saying for the whole entire year that Anthony Davis is Tim Duncan on steroids which is bull .
    Yeah, not sure where he gets that from. I'd say he's more like KG on steroids. Maybe Jax just mentions Timmy because he's the GOAT PF. Who knows. There's no doubt that AD is one of the most skilled bigs in the history of the game though.

I've personally never seen a big with his combo of size, handle, shooting touch, and athleticism

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not sure where he gets that from. I'd say he's more like KG on steroids. Maybe Jax just mentions Timmy because he's the GOAT PF. Who knows. There's no doubt that AD is one of the most skilled bigs in the history of the game though.

I've personally never seen a big with his combo of size, handle, shooting touch, and athleticism
    Yeah, the Duncan comparison has been around for years because of the PF label, but Davis is definitely more like Robinson and Garnett than he is Olajuwon and Duncan.

Like them, despite the all-time regular season catch all metrics, his game isn't suited to being an offensive hub for a championship caliber team. A big can (could?) only be that as a dominant back to the basket scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Stephen Jackson has better leadership than Duncan tbh:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Props to him for stepping up and speaking out, tbh. Those were some truth nukes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He displayed his leadership a few years ago when the VI suffered major damage from Hurricane Irma and Maria.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He displayed his leadership a few years ago when the VI suffered major damage from Hurricane Irma and Maria.

Can he stop his community from destroying the place they live in? Can he possibly speak to his community about staying in school and hopefully become productive and make decent living so they don’t have to rob and steal and eventually get busted? If immigrants from another country can come and make something out of themselves there is no reason an American born citizen can’t do the same.

Thread Information