Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was one of my favourite Spurs players back in 2003 but man are his opinions crap.

Him and Matt Barnes were in the latest Bill Simmons podcast and both had Kobe #2 all time. They say Kobe was like MJ and he would get every player on the team to fight like for a le whereas Duncan needed a certain set of personalities around him to make it work.

Last edited by Amuseddaysleeper; 05-22-2020 at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling Kirbs #2 all time immediately kills any credibility he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Jax know, did he play w Bean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never even played with Kobe didn't he once say he was just as good as him too?

Jack is so ing desperate to stay relevant. Dude was a bit player in this leauge. Scrubs like him and Barnes shouldn't even have a podcast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Duncan won a ring in 3 different decades was a wide assortment of teammates. Kobe couldn't do jack without Phil. Captain crack needs to stfu already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such a dumb statement

funny how he says that and yet kobe did absolutely nothing without phil jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Tim was like "Your Big Brother" LOL.. Heard him say that more than once..

BTW you never played with Kobe.. So how would you know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never even played with Kobe didn't he once say he was just as good as him too?

Jack is so ing desperate to stay relevant. Dude was a bit player in this leauge. Scrubs like him and Barnes shouldn't even have a podcast
    He probably would have been fighting Kobe in Practice, when Kobe was giving him ..

He also was around in 2003 to see TD Truly at his peak. We all know that Spurs team had no business winning a chip that season.. Duncan dragged that squad to a ring..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wait till some spurs fans will come here with the Jax is a moron except when the topic is Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dincan's leadership is way better

Tim Duncan leads by exemple
    The fact that he was able to put up with that ballhog Parker all these years without puching the out of him is really impressive

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kobe was such a leader jax should have followed him on to that helicopter then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look another salty jackass talking TD down, what a surprise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's worse is that he's talking down the man that got him his only championship ring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson was another dump it on Spurs statement ... he's got such an axe to grind because he was cut and couldn't accept he was over the hill ... His opinions aren't worth .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dincan's leadership is way better

Tim Duncan leads by exemple
    The fact that he was able to put up with that ballhog Parker all these years without puching the out of him is really impressive
    ^^this

Met Parker once at Tux and Tennies (if you want to call it meeting him) and I wanted to punch him too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He and Tim are supposed to be cool. He's called Tim his "Big Brother"

I get that Kobe died, but the ass kissing is a bit much.. Jackson didn't even play with Kobe. WTF does he know about his leadership?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson was another dump it on Spurs statement ... he's got such an axe to grind because he was cut and couldn't accept he was over the hill ... His opinions aren't worth .
    Which is funny because in 2003 he played very well, and got a ring.. So enough with the whiny BS..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Tim are supposed to be cool. He's called Tim his "Big Brother"

I get that Kobe died, but the ass kissing is a bit much.. Jackson didn't even play with Kobe. WTF does he know about his leadership?
    1. He wants to have bragging rights that he guarded Kobe and played a huge role in helping the Spurs win hence him propping up Kobe.
    2. Him calling Tim his big brother than insulting him is just like how he insulted the Spurs in '18 after they traded #2. I'm paraphrasing but he said something closely to this "I love the Spurs I really do. I was close with Peter Holt's son but spur fans your team is garbage. They ing suck and Kawhi saw that and that's why he was never going to stay. You guys weren't winning . Don't tell me you were winning a le.
    3. I have seen through his bs for a very long time. He's a very manipulative bully.
    Last edited by daslicer; 05-22-2020 at 03:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have Kobe Top 10 you're kind of an idiot. If you have him Top 2 you're clinically re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^this

Met Parker once at Tux and Tennies (if you want to call it meeting him) and I wanted to punch him too
    My

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In Jax eyes and I have heard him actually say this that he's actually a hall of fame player and there are guys who are less talented that have gotten into the HOF over him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wait till some spurs fans will come here with the Jax is a moron except when the topic is Parker
    Half of these idiots took Jax side when he went after Parker/Manu during the #2 saga.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jack is a moron but I'll still love that mother er for his playoff heroics in 2003 and 2012. for 2007 too. And for slamming that Detroit fan into the floor face first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I heard it. The question was who would you want to start a franchise with. That’s TD no question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical combination of his usual bitterness plus Duncan/the Spurs being frowned upon by the majority of inner city blacks because they don't fit their narrow minded view of blackness. Bryant, despite spending much of his youth in Italy, more closely approximates it (Jordan caricature, glamor market/position, etc.).

Notice how they ignore Simmons' point about Duncan and instead pretend Bryant, who was only interested in winning on his terms, was more of a leader than a guy who was willing to win on any terms and that having only one coach was some supposed advantage (see James) or that he wasn't the primary reason for that.

All these Duncan/Spurs shots are the result of this and not playing the game within' the game with the media. They have no one to speak their truth or push their agenda/narrative, just a bunch of stereotypes and scorned media who couldn't wait for their retirement/downfall to pounce.

Thread Information