Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is already in the LW4 appreciation thread, but thought it deserved its own thread.

Incredibly courageous sentiments from the Spurs budding young star. Really hope this kid can blossom and be a Spur for a long, long time.

Link from Lonnie's Instagram:

The real truth as to why i started doing this early 5th grade, it was a cloaking device for me. During the summer of my 5th grade year I was around more family. Some that names will be left alone I was around more. I was sexually harassed, raped, abused, I even got accustomed to it because being at that age you don’t know what is what. I was a gullible curious kid that didn’t know what the real world was. I had a mindset that my hair was something that I can control. My hair was what I can make and create and be mine. And it gave my confidence. As of recently I wasn’t at my best. Previous History popping up in my head and it sucked mentally “demons”..... because of this virus, I began to truly look at myself in the mirror and see who I truly was even behind closed doors. Long story short I have found peace and internal happiness through this journey god willingly. I forgave everyone even the people that don’t deserve it why? Because it’s dead weight. Time doesn’t wait on anyone so why should I waste my time on it ? Me cutting my hair was more than a cut. My hair was a mask of me hiding the insecurity’s that I felt the world wasn’t ready for. But now better then ever. Out with old. In with the new. I have shed my skin mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Life will always be hard. Gotta play with the cards your dealt with and try and make a winning hand. And if you lose. It’s never a lost. It’s a lesson 🙏🏾. I’m gonna be off this for awhile still growing through this. Just know I love each and everyone one of y’all. Peace love and happiness 💕🙏🏾
    The new doo:

Last edited by Dex; 06-12-2020 at 11:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda favors Danny Green now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats some deep

And to think maybe woulda never happened if not for covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes you think about how you truly don’t know what a person has gone through. I’m glad to hear that he’s been able to overcome it mentally that he could cut out what symbolizes that pain for him.

im truly happy to have him on our team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hair down, man down

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love our young baller. Real show of strength!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takes a lot of guts to post something like that. I wish this kid nothing but the best in the future, and am betting he channels this to do amazing things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good man with real conviction.

I want you to succeed, Lonnie. Please, please prove me wrong in what I've said about you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fav player on the team tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It did indeed take a lot of courage for him to come forward with this. It shows a lot of character him letting others that have suffered sexual abuse know that 'they're not alone.' Ain't that a man! Go LWIV!!
    Last edited by spurs10; 06-12-2020 at 03:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, that’s a heavy truth bomb. Takes some guts to go through that and share it as an adult.
    He’s obviously a special person, I hope his game can continue to grow.
    Not enough men come forward with this kind of stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much love lonnie

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing lower than someone who would do something to a kid. It took a lot of courage to talk about it. Wonder if Tony was helping him work through some of that ?

Come back and kick ass, Lonnie.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casually announcing he was raped. Right....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news tbh. All that extra hair was holding him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news tbh. All that extra hair was holding him back.
    Samson in reverse?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing thats not something you want to advertise. It must of been hard for him to talk about it . Glad to see he at peace now.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know if you're suggesting that it might not be true, or that he shouldn't have talked about it? When he talked about how his hair was one of the few things he felt like he could control, it's totally consistent with people who have been abused long-term. I doubt that there was anything casual about it for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you should just stop being a jackass and realize that there are people in this world who struggle with like this.

Just a thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for Walker, and many others, it's the human thing to do, and that is channel ones pain, anger, and demons that continue to haunt them, through ways of suppression, escape, acting out in a negative way such as acts of rage, etc., or they try to control them. But as LW4 said, until one comes to grips and chooses to face that demon head on: to forgive; to let go and move on, then one can expect the possibility of healing, which will take time, and it varies from person to person. But Lonnie is on the right path now, so kudos to him! Looking forward, I hope he has a wonderful career in basketball, but more importantly, that in life, he would use his platform to help and encourage others and be a positive force to those who may be in similar situations. GLW4G!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is he supposed to do. Make a scene? So yall can complain then that he shouldn't make a big deal out of it? Foh.

You're clearly sick in the head dude. Get help. I have no idea why a grown man would think there is something to gain for a male admitting his was raped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to him for opening up about it, really takes some courage. Sucks he had to go this far in order for Pop to possibly give him consistent playing time, however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admire him for sharing his reasons. God bless him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great kid! I can definitely relate to a childhood like that, takes a lot of courage to be so candid in a public forum. I hope he has a dream career in silver and black and accomplishes all of his personal goals on and off the court.

Thread Information