Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    He doesn’t owe it to Biden or democrats at all but he definitely owes a vote to the country to save it. Biden is merely the individual one needs to cast a vote for.

Sitting this election out is not an option. Same as voting for the other worse guy.

Trump knows he is not getting the black vote so instead he’s already working to get them to sit it out. It’s cute watching him talk about Democrats not caring about black people as if he does. Lol
    Hundred percent agree. Zombie neocon puppet is our only hope at saving us from the bad orange man!

You wok, trans man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not ridin' with Biden?
    I'm not voting for trump

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not voting for trump
    Not voting for Biden is ridin' with Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fail to see why AAs are such devoted supporters of the Dem party which is against school choice. That probably is one of the major reasons for education/income disparity. Why would ANYONE NOT prefer the choice of going to a better school instead of being stuck in BAD neighborhood schools?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans don't do anything at all for AA's but scream about Chicago and lump us all into the poor category.

rmt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans don't do anything at all for AA's but scream about Chicago and lump us all into the poor category.

rmt
    And who is it that screams about income inequality? The best way out of poverty is education and yet AAs overwhelming support Dems/public schools instead of Rep/school choice which would at least give them other educational options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who is it that screams about income inequality? The best way out of poverty is education and yet AAs overwhelming support Dems/public schools instead of Rep/school choice which would at least give them other educational options.
    Black people are not a monolith. Why should we vote for Republicans? Convince me? All trump could muster was "what do you have to lose?" And we got a 17% unemployment rate and Corona deaths in return.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens when the school one wants to go to is full?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black people are not a monolith. Why should we vote for Republicans? Convince me? All trump could muster was "what do you have to lose?" And we got a 17% unemployment rate and Corona deaths in return.
    Well, they certainly vote like one:
    By contrast, African American voters remain overwhelmingly Democratic: 84% identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party. Just 8% of black voters identify in some way with the Republican Party - https://www.people-press.org/2018/03...raphic-groups/

Education remains the best chance one has of earning more. Instead of backing of the teachers unions/bad schools, there should be free compe ion among schools and choice in which school to attend. That way bad teachers get fired, bad schools shut down and the good schools/teachers thrive (we do not waste good money thrown after bad schools/teachers) - just like any other product, you get to choose and the bad products go out of business. I am a firm believer in that the money should follow the student.

Please, are you really blaming Trump for the 17% unemployment and Corona deaths when he followed Fausci/Birk's advice? And it's the Dems who want to continue shutdowns?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens when the school one wants to go to is full?
    Here in South Florida, one can apply on a yearly basis to multiple magnet and unlimited charter schools. Students are chosen by lottery with waiting lists if schools are full. Siblings of students already in a school get preference (for ease of transportation, PTA, etc.).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here in South Florida, one can apply on a yearly basis to multiple magnet and unlimited charter schools. Students are chosen by lottery with waiting lists if schools are full. Siblings of students already in a school get preference (for ease of transportation, PTA, etc.).
    So they just don't get in unless they're lucky.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they just don't get in unless they're lucky.
    Every student has an equal chance and can apply to multiple magnets (5 iirc) and UNLIMITED charters - You are going to get in somewhere if you apply widely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not based on ZIP CODE/neighborhood you can afford to live in. When you choose, then you are withdrawn from other schools' lists and everyone on waiting lists get bumped up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every student has an equal chance and can apply to multiple magnets (5 iirc) and UNLIMITED charters - You are going to get in somewhere if you apply widely.
    What if those other ones suck?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Education remains the best chance one has of earning more.
    This is demonstrably false, though, at the very least misleading. Statistically, your best chance of earning more is a mix of socioeconomic conditions growing up, what family you were born into, your gender and race, education level attained, etc.

Thread Information