Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm even fine with best of five instead of seven.

nba would lose more money that way though, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give trophy to Laker and call it a day. ESPN will call it LeBron's greatest championship run.
    Last Dance 2: Electric Boogloo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm even fine with best of five instead of seven.

nba would lose more money that way though, obviously.
    They are going to lose a -ton of money either way without fans. Games are going to be like Summer League...back to back games all day (in non-prime times), no one watching, and only hardcore NBA fans will pay attention or really care.

But this way they can say they "finished the season", collect some TV revenue, crown a champion, and move on.

I get it, but I still don't know how they are going to keep it safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow it's safer in Orlando.

#Plandemic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As long as the spurs don't make the playoffs

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow it's safer in Orlando.

#Plandemic
    What's the plan part of your buzzword?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the plan part of your buzzword?

The plan is to trigger ing snowflakes, and it works.

Pinche maricon.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incredibly dumb since that means 5-10 teams and their families will be going through all that for no reason. Just start the playoffs now or make it an expanded tournament including all teams. Give every team involved a reason to be there and get them out when that reason is no longer there.
    Cos the boogieman COVID 19 gonna get them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cos the boogieman COVID 19 gonna get them?
    #derpdemic

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID 19 going to kill NBA players?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID 19 going to kill NBA players?

Yes or no.
    I don't know for sure. Chances are it wouldn't kill any of the players. Players would not be the only people there. Some of the other people there would be more likely to be killed by COVID-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Golden State just be playing for money now? Would players and their families think it's even worth the trouble?
    I doubt GSW will be playing, I think teams who can't mathematically make the playoffs won't be invited or that's the mean idea right now. Of course things can change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt GSW will be playing, I think teams who can't mathematically make the playoffs won't be invited or that's the mean idea right now. Of course things can change.
    Yeah, if they get paid like the teams that do play it would seem to be less of a problem. I think they were the only team that was mathematically eliminated so automatically eliminating ~10 more teams with a shortened season seems like a hard sell. I read the NHL is going to expand their playoffs to 24 teams to mitigate this a bit. I think the NBA could do the same or even start a playoff tournament scheme with all the teams. Regular season games seem like they would be useless at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if they get paid like the teams that do play it would seem to be less of a problem. I think they were the only team that was mathematically eliminated so automatically eliminating ~10 more teams with a shortened season seems like a hard sell. I read the NHL is going to expand their playoffs to 24 teams to mitigate this a bit. I think the NBA could do the same or even start a playoff tournament scheme with all the teams. Regular season games seem like they would be useless at this point.
    Even if they go with an extended PO format I could still see some games before to warm up in game scenario. If you try and have them jump straight into PO you will have injuries just because the players are not use to it. I think this will still happen but going from not doing much to a 3/4 week mini-camp to PO will cause more injuries. this is part of the reason I think the season should be canceled. That being said they are looking at the money.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL if this loophole gives the Spurs their 23rd straight playoff appearance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they go with an extended PO format I could still see some games before to warm up in game scenario. If you try and have them jump straight into PO you will have injuries just because the players are not use to it. I think this will still happen but going from not doing much to a 3/4 week mini-camp to PO will cause more injuries. this is part of the reason I think the season should be canceled. That being said they are looking at the money.
    I think folks would even watch exhibitions at this point.

LOL if this loophole gives the Spurs their 23rd straight playoff appearance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, they might as well just start next season in that date. This is stupid...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the players can't leave the premises, LeBron better take his roids with him.
    Florida is where he would get his hook up so I don't think that will be a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hookers be checking flights to Orlando
    Not like Florida is lacking hoes, ay? But blowing with a mask or ing while respecting social distancing might be a challenge... That must seriously be the business that hurt the most from Covid. #supportyourhoe...

Anyway, can't wait to see the finals in a silent, empty arena with only shoe noises and a dozen dudes clapping on the bench... D-FENSE! D-FENSE!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So not much different than the current NBA.

I think folks would even watch exhibitions at this point.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cardboard cutout fans and artificial noise through the loud speakers.

Everyone stop at every dead ball and sanitize their hands.

Not like Florida is lacking hoes, ay? But blowing with a mask or ing while respecting social distancing might be a challenge... That must seriously be the business that hurt the most from Covid. #supportyourhoe...

Anyway, can't wait to see the finals in a silent, empty arena with only shoe noises and a dozen dudes clapping on the bench... D-FENSE! D-FENSE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid!!
    Jus cancel the season!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i am ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May have been discussed already but now the NBA seems to be talking about doing a seeding 1-16 Instead of west and East (1-8). If that was the case would spurs make the playoffs lol

*Edit* interesting I actually don’t know if doing 1-16 even would change the playoff format at all really I think it would be the same 8 teams from west and East involved

Thread Information