Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has entered into exploratory conversations with the Walt Disney Company about restarting the remainder of its season at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida, in late July, NBA spokesperson Mike Bass said Saturday."The NBA, in conjunction with the National Basketball Players Association, is engaged in exploratory conversations with The Walt Disney Company about restarting the 2019-20 NBA season in late July at Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida as a single site for an NBA campus for games, practices and housing," Bass said. "Our priority continues to be the health and safety of all involved, and we are working with public health experts and government officials on a comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure that appropriate medical protocols and protections are in place."

The NBA suspended its season indefinitely on March 11, in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Friday that the NBA has a board of governors call set for next Friday, which is expected to provide additional details for teams on a timetable and plan to proceed with the season. Teams are expecting the league to instruct them to start recalling players to their team's markets around June 1.It remains unclear whether the NBA will play the remainder of its regular season or proceed directly to the playoffs. But the 220-acre ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, with its three arenas and ample hotel accommodations, would allow the league to restart play while limiting outside exposures.

The NBA is discussing a step-by-step plan for a resumption of the 2019-2020 season that includes an initial two-week recall of players into team marketplaces for a period of quarantine, one to two weeks of individual workouts at team facilities and a two-to-three-week formal training camp, Wojnarowski reported. Barring an unforeseen turn of events, many NBA owners, executives and NBPA elders believe commissioner Adam Silver will greenlight the return to play in June -- with games expected to resume sometime before the end of July, sources said.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...sports-complex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is gonna blow up in the NBA's face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money is to be made.

I don't think it will flop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta get LeGM that Lakers ring. If the top 4 seeds were Utah, San Antonio, Minnesota, and Phoenix they'd be like naaa we can cancel this bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hookers be checking flights to Orlando

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is gonna blow up in the NBA's face.
    I hope it fails. The idea and concept is stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh .... whats the point for most of the teams. And why bother. Biggest asterik for a championship if there ever was one ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money is to be made.

I don't think it will flop.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Golden State just be playing for money now? Would players and their families think it's even worth the trouble?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed most of March, April, May, start training in June and play in LATE July... yeah...

So the season/playoffs would end in September? Probably start next season on New Years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA desperate for the Fakers and Le to ring . Can't wait for Kawhi and company to blow them the out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Robz4000;10152149]This is gonna blow up in the NBA's face.[/QUOTE

This seems like a bad idea.

I guess ABC/Disney/ESPN really want their money.

Best of luck to the players, coaches and their families.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta get LeGM that Lakers ring. If the top 4 seeds were Utah, San Antonio, Minnesota, and Phoenix they'd be like naaa we can cancel this bull .
    tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    glad it’s coming back. they need to get players to agree to not leave premises for like, two months.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    nah, there’d still be money to be made in that situation.

even non basketball fans will tune in since there aren’t other sports. good way to get new fans tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the asterisk ring for whichever team ends up winning, I'm actually interested in seeing what the Spurs look like, if they also begin to play. Lonnie and DJ seem to still be training, at least from what they post on social media - have all Spurs players been keeping up? Will LMA further show his decline? What about DeBum? Will team hierarchy or gameplan change whatsoever?

Most importantly, I'd love for Pop to step down since he's at increased risk, and hand the reigns to Becky or Tim, both quite healthy and young. We'll see what happens...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the asterisk ring for whichever team ends up winning, I'm actually interested in seeing what the Spurs look like, if they also begin to play. Lonnie and DJ seem to still be training, at least from what they post on social media - have all Spurs players been keeping up? Will LMA further show his decline? What about DeBum? Will team hierarchy or gameplan change whatsoever?

Most importantly, I'd love for Pop to step down since he's at increased risk, and hand the reigns to Becky or Tim, both quite healthy and young. We'll see what happens...
    Rumor has it that they are only going to play 5-10 regular season games. You are not going to get much out of it when it comes to the development of young guys such as DJ,Lonnie. Can't measure decline of LMA or Demar in 5-10 games. Overall continuing the season is stupid under this format but I get it from a financial perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season is doomed to lose all of it's luster between the whole shortened season and no fans thing, so let's not drag this out and increase the likelihood of multiple players testing positive by playing the season. That would take whatever is left of this season and make it quite ing lame. Can you imagine if a big name or crucial player for a contender caught it? Season over.

If you're going to do this, then head into the playoffs and get it over with ASAP.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor has it that they are only going to play 5-10 regular season games. You are not going to get much out of it when it comes to the development of young guys such as DJ,Lonnie. Can't measure decline of LMA or Demar in 5-10 games. Overall continuing the season is stupid under this format but I get it from a financial perspective.
    Incredibly dumb since that means 5-10 teams and their families will be going through all that for no reason. Just start the playoffs now or make it an expanded tournament including all teams. Give every team involved a reason to be there and get them out when that reason is no longer there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I'm not expecting top tier basketball but some things can definitely become apparent. Will Forbes keep starting at SG? Will the young trio play together at all? And many more examples, of how the team approaches coaching/game management, can shed some light on their short and long-term plans. Personally, I think LMA's trade value (however much it is right now) could suffer if he's visibly out of shape/slow, so I'd rather the Spurs not play at all, but of course they won't have much of a choice if the season actually resumes.

On a negative note, if the regular season is indeed played out, the Spurs pretty much HAVE to lose every single game to maintain their #11 pick, and can easily be outtanked by some 4 or 5 other teams in the mix, whereas the chances of moving up in the draft are much slimmer. Other teams might benefit from resuming the season, but not the Spurs, IMO. And as others have said, increased risk and worries for the players' families, which is wholly unnecessary considering how the US is being beaten down by COVID-19. Silver better think this one through...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    DO NOT bring back non playoff teams. just a recipe for disaster, too much to manage.

the #9 seeds in both the east and west are like, 4 or 5 games out of the PO race.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    PO teams only, they will have a couple weeks to get back into shape... let them have a few scrimmages then go straight to POs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this really helped kawhi

got a ton of time to rest.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the players can't leave the premises, LeBron better take his roids with him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give trophy to Laker and call it a day. ESPN will call it LeBron's greatest championship run.

Thread Information