Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It really warms my heart knowing that no one in this thread will most likely ever see the spurs ring again in their lifetime

Such a pathetic and insufferable fanbase
    Last edited by Bynumite; 05-25-2020 at 06:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really warms my heart knowing that no one in this thread will most likely ever see the spurs ring again in their lifetime
    We know Kirbs won't.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    We know Kirbs won't.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurs would be the number 20 seed

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

May have been discussed already but now the NBA seems to be talking about doing a seeding 1-16 Instead of west and East (1-8). If that was the case would spurs make the playoffs lol

*Edit* interesting I actually don’t know if doing 1-16 even would change the playoff format at all really I think it would be the same 8 teams from west and East involved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know Kirbs won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not, unless they somehow make it into the final 16 (or 8 for the West).

Or it will be considered an "off year" like '99 when we didn't have our 50-game streak because of the shortened season despite winning the equivalent percentage-wise.

I'm not normally one to subscribe to asterisks, but if there ever was a time for it, this year will be it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not, unless they somehow make it into the final 16 (or 8 for the West).

Or it will be considered an "off year" like '99 when we didn't have our 50-game streak because of the shortened season despite winning the equivalent percentage-wise.

I'm not normally one to subscribe to asterisks, but if there ever was a time for it, this year will be it.
    There will be no final 16 it will go from 20 to 8 total.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be no final 16 it will go from 20 to 8 total.
    Point still stands though....will they consider it "playoffs" if the playoffs are a 20-team tournament or a play-in tournament?

Unless that becomes the new norm, I don't think anyone will be able to definitively say the Spurs DID or DIDN'T make the playoffs. It's going to be a gray area.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point still stands though....will they consider it "playoffs" if the playoffs are a 20-team tournament or a play-in tournament?

Unless that becomes the new norm, I don't think anyone will be able to definitively say the Spurs DID or DIDN'T make the playoffs. It's going to be a gray area.
    I think if there is some play-in mini-tournament to get the 20 down to 16, and the Spurs make the round of 16, it would count as maintaining the streak.

That could also push the Spurs to the #15 pick if the league decides to do things that way.

I think the fairest way to conduct the lottery in that case is do one lottery for the 10 teams that don't make the 20-team "playoffs" for picks 1-10, then another mini-lottery to assign picks 11-14 to the four teams that lose in the play-in round.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Will Mickey Mouse present the LOB trophy? Whatever they do this season will have a giant asterisk mark on it. I want to see them finish the season though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they plan on doing an tournament style match up for the 8th seat, wonder how that'll look? best of 3 between the teams? or would it be a one game deal, winner moves up looser goes home.

Thread Information