Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better passer? Better footwork? Are you kidding me? I'll give you better defender, but they both had phenomenal firework (just different styles) and GTFO with this better passer nonsense.

Passing is the one thing that Timmy clearly did better than Hakeem. He used to regularly close games with his passing ability. , he closed 2 series in the 2003 playoffs with triple doubles/double figure assists.
    lol numbers don't prove he i a better passer

If that's thecase then T Mac was a defender than Bowen because more blocks per game

Hakeem was superior to Duncan and there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't take away from Tim's greatness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem was more skilled
    Better footwork better passer better defender its not a debate and it’s shouldn’t be a debate
    More skilled than the big fundamental... yeah right.. skilled

also at your better passer.. even defender... stay with the cute concepts like talent, skills, footwork... at least no numbers will kick your ass

it has been a while you are not a spurs fan so it's not for you but I don't get the stockholm syndrom of spurs fans lately... some ers are trying to tarnish Tim legacy and spurs fans are like meh... well.. you know... yeah..

gtfoh tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also at your better passer.. even defender... stay with the cute concepts like talent, skills, footwork... at least no numbers will kick your ass

it has been a while you are not a spurs fan so it's not for you but I don't get the stockholm syndrom of spurs fans lately... some ers are trying to tarnish Tim legacy and spurs fans are like meh... well.. you know... yeah..

gtfoh tbh...
    Most spur fans have defended Tim in this thread. The only guys I have seen trump Hakeem over him are trolls and old guys who above 50. Then there is James Evans who just doesn't like Tim because Tim is not a real black man in his eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you guys ate butthurt

ing homers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gtfoh tbh...
    Still a Spurs fan tbh and before the Duncan days, Parkerfan

I’m not biased like some

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Hakeem did in 94 was incredible, no doubt. And you'll hear no arguments a from me about Manu's contribution from 2005 and on, but people forget how much Tony struggled in his first 2 championship runs with us.

2003 playoffs PER: 11.9
    2005 playoffs PER 12.0

The league average for PER is set at 15. Those numbers are TERRIBLE. Sam Cassell played much better for the Rockets in their 2 les than Tony did in 2003 and 2005. , even Kenny did

That 94 team had no other all star, but Sam Cassell was a very good player at that time, and Robert Horry was a great role player.
    Don't forget Otis Thorpe. His contributions were big as well. He was good for 17 points and about 8/9 rebounds a night.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hakeem might've been the most dominant big man in his prime outside Shaq tbh, but Duncan's prime lasted much longer.
    100%
    Spot the lie in this post... Can't find one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you act like people are saying Duncan is better than Jordan, instead of player that Tim Duncan has more than double the amount of championships, double the MVPs, vastly better regular season and playoff success, more All-Nba selections, better longevity, better consistency. It doesn't make you a homer if you think Duncan was better , most people do in fact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you act like people are saying Duncan is better than Jordan, instead of player that Tim Duncan has more than double the amount of championships, double the MVPs, vastly better regular season and playoff success, more All-Nba selections, better longevity, better consistency. It doesn't make you a homer if you think Duncan was better , most people do in fact.
    I can't find a lie in this post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol numbers don't prove he i a better passer

If that's thecase then T Mac was a defender than Bowen because more blocks per game

Hakeem was superior to Duncan and there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't take away from Tim's greatness
    Tim and Hakeem could both pass out of the post well, but Tim also excelled as a high-low passer, and was one of the greatest outlet passers of all time.

As for your comment about numbers, if anything that works in Tim's favor. His game has never been about the raw numbers lol, and you know this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100%
    Spot the lie in this post... Can't find one.
    How's this?

"DWade might've been the most dominant SG in his prime outside Jordan tbh, but Kobe's prime lasted much longer"

Kobe never had a playoff run comparable to Wade's in 2006, and definitely not a comparable Finals performance, but nobody in their right mind would take Wade above Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the argument over who had a better peak, here are Tim's playoff advanced stats from the 2002 through 2007 (99 games):

PER 27.6 WS/48 0.231 DBPM 3

Let's compare to Hakeem's legendary 94 and 95 championship runs (45 games)

PER 27.2 WS/48 0.177 DBPM 3.3

Looks pretty even to me, with Tim having the slight edge in efficiency, and Hakeem the slight edge in defensive impact. Somehow, although Tim always had "so much help," he managed to produce significantly more win shares than Hakeem.

Again, there is an argument for Hakeem being more skilled, but it's close, and the argument can go in Tim's favor as well. What bothers me is people pretending like it's no contest between the two just because one guy used a dream shake and other other used angles and the backboard...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a small segment of people that say Hakeem is better.. They are just getting loud...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol slightly better. Nobody could handle Dream when he had it going

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff. Can't forget that these moves were on one good knee and against very solid defenders.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim and Hakeem could both pass out of the post well, but Tim also excelled as a high-low passer, and was one of the greatest outlet passers of all time.

As for your comment about numbers, if anything that works in Tim's favor. His game has never been about the raw numbers lol, and you know this.
    Great point about the outlet passing. Tim's skill in that was sublime.

And this doesn't just cover full-court touchdown passes to teammates who leaked out. Tim was amazing at getting the rebound and quickly getting the ball to a guard (usually Tony) streaking up the floor for a 4-on-3 opportunity. With Tony, a lot of times this turned into 1-on-3 but he was pretty good at finishing those anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem was definitely more skilled at grooming young girls to satisfy his pedophilia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem was amazing. People have short memories, he was once considered in the top 10 all time until the come-lately folks started pushing gots like Kobe and Shaq up there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol replying to gifs of Hakeem going off vs the top centers of the NBA in the postseason with DUncan going off against scrubs in the regular season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol replying to gifs of Hakeem going off vs the top centers of the NBA in the postseason with DUncan going off against scrubs in the regular season

10 Minutes of Tim giving Shaq, and the Lakers the Business. Is that better Princess?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

10 Minutes of Tim giving Shaq, and the Lakers the Business. Is that better Princess?
    Shsq was fat and out of shape in 03

95 Shaq was a beast

Nice try though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shsq was fat and out of shape in 03

95 Shaq was a beast

Nice try though
    Uh huh..

34/25 in 2002..

37/14 in 1999

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People getting worked up at an obvious troll job.

They were different players, with different strengths. The one thing that you can't (shouldn't) overlook is their Free Throw Rate. (Free throws per field goal attempt.) Tim's was MUCH higher than Hakeem's. That's because other teams figured out that there was absolutely no way to guard Tim without aggressive double teams, and heavy physicality. , in the 06-07 season, Tim's FTR was over 50% - and in 03-04 it was 49.8%. By Duncan's 13th season, his FTR finally began to decline to what Hakeem's was for most of his career.

"Skilled" is such a stupid statement, because it can mean anything you want it to mean. But one of the best measures, IMO, is what the player forces opposing defenses to do. Tim drew more hard double teams than Hakeem, because that's what it took to guard him. And when he accounted for two defenders, his teammates were much more free to score. That's one of the biggest reasons people always recognized that Tim made his teammates better - even if most people didn't know exactly how he did that.

Pop started limiting Tim's minutes, which prolonged his career, but lowered his raw stats. But I also think Tim became less effective when he gave up on that money bank-shot he used to torture the league for so many years. I never could understand why he just eliminated it from his game. I always just figured that he lost confidence in it somehow.

It's impossible to compare two different-style players whose time in the league barely overlapped. Getting butt-hurt over something ing Lefty says...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People getting worked up at an obvious troll job.

They were different players, with different strengths. The one thing that you can't (shouldn't) overlook is their Free Throw Rate. (Free throws per field goal attempt.) Tim's was MUCH higher than Hakeem's. That's because other teams figured out that there was absolutely no way to guard Tim without aggressive double teams, and heavy physicality. , in the 06-07 season, Tim's FTR was over 50% - and in 03-04 it was 49.8%. By Duncan's 13th season, his FTR finally began to decline to what Hakeem's was for most of his career.

"Skilled" is such a stupid statement, because it can mean anything you want it to mean. But one of the best measures, IMO, is what the player forces opposing defenses to do. Tim drew more hard double teams than Hakeem, because that's what it took to guard him. And when he accounted for two defenders, his teammates were much more free to score. That's one of the biggest reasons people always recognized that Tim made his teammates better - even if most people didn't know exactly how he did that.

Pop started limiting Tim's minutes, which prolonged his career, but lowered his raw stats. But I also think Tim became less effective when he gave up on that money bank-shot he used to torture the league for so many years. I never could understand why he just eliminated it from his game. I always just figured that he lost confidence in it somehow.

It's impossible to compare two different-style players whose time in the league barely overlapped. Getting butt-hurt over something ing Lefty says...
    That point about opposing defenses is a really good one. I also think that part of the reason for the FT rate difference is that Tim attacked the basket more than Hakeem, especially early in his career. Imo even though Hakeem was bigger, his game was even more based on finesse than Tim's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh huh..

34/25 in 2002..

37/14 in 1999

Still fat

Thread Information