Post Count
    he is also saying that jordan is a magnified DeRozan
    Well yeah that bald fraud was a ty 3 point shooter tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost Horace HOrance Grant early in the series
    If the Bulls lost Rodman they would have been ed too
    Rodman High As , and always hungover beat Shaq.. And he is 6'7..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is he overrated?
    if he was not a NY player you would not even mention him to prop up Hakeem tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah that bald fraud was a ty 3 point shooter tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman High As , and always hungover beat Shaq.. And he is 6'7..
    "Rodman beat Shaq"

OMG I'm reading so much stupidty today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look that one game where he was hot and was left wide open

The only years where he had decent % was during the shortened 3 pt line era

Bald fraud benefitting from food stamps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rodman beat Shaq"

OMG I'm reading so much stupidty today
    So you've been reading your own stuff..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you've been reading your own stuff..
    solid comeback as usual dbr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look that one game where he was hot and was left wide open

The only years where he had decent % was during the shortened 3 pt line era

Bald fraud benefitting from food stamps
    That must have killed his game winning 10 Scoring les, and 6 rings. Cry himself to sleep..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid comeback as usual dbr
    You usually just go with one of these..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he was not a NY player you would not even mention him to prop up Hakeem tbh
    That's your argument?

He was one of the best centers in the NBA, the fact that he was in a big market has nothing to do with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your argument?

He was one of the best centers in the NBA, the fact that he was in a big market has nothing to do with it
    So was Shaq. And when you have to watch Tim beat Shaq badly you say "He was fat who cares"..

KG was skinny AF.. Too skinny right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your argument?

the fact that he was playing for a big market makes him overrated as .. when you use Shaq and Robinson to prove a point adding Ewing to the mix is a non sense. The fact Hakeem dominated Pat ing Ewing does not add anything to his greatness neither to the argument you were making about Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a really fair take imo. I don't think anyone other than maybe Larry Bird or Magic had TD's spatial awareness. It was uncanny.
    It was spectacular and unrivaled. Tim's greatness was something to really treasure. He was damn good and I loved his consistency. Ah, Tim.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THat's a wash

Jordan was already getting the Harden treatment son, most protected player in the history of any sport

Holy ......

Yeah, Jordan's Free Throw Rate for his career was .358, and his highest for a season was .459. Harden's career FTR is .526, and one season his FTR was .596! That means that 6 out of 10 times he attempted a shot, there was a whistle.

It's easy to claim that Jordan got protected like Harden gets protected. But the numbers aren't even in the same neighborhood. Or do you think there's a way to "protect" a player without blowing whistles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem career FT% - 71.2
    Duncan career FT% - 69.6
    Less than 2% is a big edge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THat's a wash

Jordan was already getting the Harden treatment son, most protected player in the history of any sport

Holy ......
    Attempt to think about this logically for about five minutes. As difficult as that may be for you. If the BB Detroit Pistons were playing football out there with Michael Jordan, and he is still averaging 30 points per game. What the do you think he’s going to do in this era? Do you think James Harden is a better offensive basketball player than Michael ing Jordan? He was averaging nearly 40 this season. Jordan holy it might be 50.

Harden If a basketball team played him like the Pistons played Michael Jordan, he would literally retire. Cry to the league office for changes and when denied. Quit.. He is that soft.
    Last edited by dbreiden83080; 05-29-2020 at 11:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Jordan's Free Throw Rate for his career was .358, and his highest for a season was .459. Harden's career FTR is .526, and one season his FTR was .596! That means that 6 out of 10 times he attempted a shot, there was a whistle.

It's easy to claim that Jordan got protected like Harden gets protected. But the numbers aren't even in the same neighborhood. Or do you think there's a way to "protect" a player without blowing whistles?

Michael Jordans mid range game is so off the charts, and such a lost art in the league today it would be completely 100% unstoppable. Nobody has to guard that in the NBA anymore. Everyone is just constantly shooting three point shots. Michael Jordan would be abusing defender after defender with his mid range attack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Jordans mid range game is so off the charts, and such a lost art in the league today it would be completely 100% unstoppable. Nobody has to guard that in the NBA anymore. Everyone is just constantly shooting three point shots. Michael Jordan would be abusing defender after defender with his mid range attack.
    Maybe, maybe not

Defense has become much more sophisticated
    See below, it's worth a read and thinking about it

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5...ance-evolution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, maybe not

Defense has become much more sophisticated
    See below, it's worth a read and thinking about it

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5...ance-evolution
    James Harden scores 35 a game flopping to the floor and shooting step back 3's.. Jordan would be fine.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players overvalue 1v1 capabilities. I rank 2003 Duncan below 2001 Shaq and 1995 Hakeem in pure 1v1 situations. However 2003 Tim's 5v5 capabilities are second to none, that team was NOT supposed to ring. Manu and especially Tony really flourished with Tim because Tim did all the little things that don't show up on stat sheets, like being one of the GOAT screeners, incredibly underrated TEAM defense, and give other players enough shots. Stat padding is extremely misleading, Russell Westbrook despite averaging triple double can not get out of the first round of the playoffs. LeBron despite playing stacked roster for a decade only has 3 rings and was extremely lucky to win 2 of them.

There is also a leadership aura around Tim that boosts locker room stability and team morale. Hakeem was without a doubt a negative in both. 2 MVP + 3 FMVP > 1 MVP + 2 FMVP. And as much as I hate to say it, I wish Tim was more selfish in 2007 to get at least one more FMVP. He would be top 5 all time soon. Hopefully once stat padders like LeBron retire, people can look at Tim's intangibles and realize how special it is to win 5 rings in a small market that never ringed before, and most likely will not ring again in our life time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players overvalue 1v1 capabilities. I rank 2003 Duncan below 2001 Shaq and 1995 Hakeem in pure 1v1 situations. However 2003 Tim's 5v5 capabilities are second to none, that team was NOT supposed to ring. Manu and especially Tony really flourished with Tim because Tim did all the little things that don't show up on stat sheets, like being one of the GOAT screeners, incredibly underrated TEAM defense, and give other players enough shots. Stat padding is extremely misleading, Russell Westbrook despite averaging triple double can not get out of the first round of the playoffs. LeBron despite playing stacked roster for a decade only has 3 rings and was extremely lucky to win 2 of them.

There is also a leadership aura around Tim that boosts locker room stability and team morale. Hakeem was without a doubt a negative in both. 2 MVP + 3 FMVP > 1 MVP + 2 FMVP. And as much as I hate to say it, I wish Tim was more selfish in 2007 to get at least one more FMVP. He would be top 5 all time soon. Hopefully once stat padders like LeBron retire, people can look at Tim's intangibles and realize how special it is to win 5 rings in a small market that never ringed before, and most likely will not ring again in our life time.
    Good post.......well said!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

but but Hakeem more skilled,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great points. Though I'd also argue that prime Tim was one of the best 1 on 1 bigs of all time (along with Hakeem and Dirk). He'd give it to you on the block and facing up in the high post. The Spurs isolated him just about every other trip down court in those days and just played off if the attention that he drew.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great points. Though I'd also argue that prime Tim was one of the best 1 on 1 bigs of all time (along with Hakeem and Dirk). He'd give it to you on the block and facing up in the high post. The Spurs isolated him just about every other trip down court in those days and just played off if the attention that he drew.

"Four down! Four down!"

It didn't matter if everyone in the arena knew was the play was - the other team couldn't stop it. Pop rode Tim like a Vegas hooker.

Thread Information