Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Harden scores 35 a game flopping to the floor and shooting step back 3's.. Jordan would be fine.
    Harden would have averaged 55 ppg in the 90s in ISO against unsophisticated defenses and Jordan superstar treatment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden would have averaged 55 ppg in the 90s in ISO against unsophisticated defenses and Jordan superstar treatment
    First time he took that inside against 90's Knicks Oakley and Mason he would be on the ground crying.. Back to more step back 3's.. "Hey ref come on it's a foul"..

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You never answered my question, Lefty: How was Jordan "protected" like Harden, when they didn't blow whistles for him the way they do Harden?

But now I have a new question: Since you've already admitted that Harden gets "protected" by the refs, would he have needed that same protection to average 55 ppg in the 90's?

They're your words. I'd just like you to explain them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never answered my question, Lefty: How was Jordan "protected" like Harden, when they didn't blow whistles for him the way they do Harden?

But now I have a new question: Since you've already admitted that Harden gets "protected" by the refs, would he have needed that same protection to average 55 ppg in the 90's?

They're your words. I'd just like you to explain them.
    Take your nostalgia goggles off

And go on Youub, the the games are there you can see the special treatment Jordan had

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And go on Youub, the the games are there you can see the special treatment Jordan had
    You are trying to sell the idea that Harden a player who is about the same size as Jordan, BUT NOT as athletic, NOT as talented, NOT nearly as compe ive, nowhere near as tough, would be a superior player to Jordan in this era. Harden has choked in the playoffs every time. Jordan would make him want to quit basketball.. Harden in a 7 game series with Jordan and Scottie checking him LOL.. Oh god..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Okay... so you're saying that there is a conspiracy. Jordan got "protected" by whistles, just like Harden, but the stats sites are lying about it?

Well that makes sense.

But you didn't explain the other. You said that Harden gets protected by the refs, and you said that he would score 55 ppg in the 90's. But would have had to be protected by the refs to score those 55 ppg? Or would he just be that much better than 90's defenses without being protected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay... so you're saying that there is a conspiracy. Jordan got "protected" by whistles, just like Harden, but the stats sites are lying about it?

Well that makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well that makes sense.

But you didn't explain the other. You said that Harden gets protected by the refs, and you said that he would score 55 ppg in the 90's. But would have had to be protected by the refs to score those 55 ppg? Or would he just be that much better than 90's defenses without being protected?
    Conspiracy? well it was pretty obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you guys are stuck in the past, it's must be hatd for you to accept the NBA has gotten better and that Jordan is not the GOAT, but stop posting dumb arguments and narratives
    Jordan Stans SMH are ing dumb smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you guys are stuck in the past, it's must be hatd for you to accept the NBA has gotten better and that Jordan is not the GOAT, but stop posting dumb arguments and narratives
    Jordan Stans SMH are ing dumb smh
    nice deflection bro... lot of blabla with nothing to back it up

Your claim is that Jordan back in the 90s was more protected than Harden.. how do you back that claim ? conspiracy... are you implying NBA did not count properly the number of FTs taken by Jordan

watch the tapes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a diva spoon fed by whistles... dude would not finish even one season in the 90s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiracy? well it was pretty obvious

Okay, it was obvious. All I want to know is how they keep all those bogus fouls from showing up in Jordan's stats? Because they all show that Harden gets a LOT more whistles than Jordan did. Does the league control ALL of the stats sites?

Just tell me how you think they pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, it was obvious. All I want to know is how they keep all those bogus fouls from showing up in Jordan's stats? Because they all show that Harden gets a LOT more whistles than Jordan did. Does the league control ALL of the stats sites?

Just tell me how you think they pull it off.
    Jordan had as msny FT attempts as the too big men so that’s already a red flag

But once again context is lost on you, Jordan got bailed out A LOT in the playoffs, and it’s also a matter of timing

But muh stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But once again context is lost on you, Jordan got bailed out A LOT in the playoffs, and it’s also a matter of timing

But muh stats
    oh ok so you have nothing

deflection is reaching its peak now... from harden would average 55 pts in the 90s with same protection than Jordan to it's a matter of timing, I was just talking about POs.. so I guess your 55 pts we forget ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But muh stats

Here's who was getting the benefit of whistles during Jordan's prime years. His highest FTR season was #72 on the list. http://bkref.com/tiny/2Tdfo

Want to filter it just for guards? Okay... his highest FTR season moves all the way up to #23 on the list. http://bkref.com/tiny/ZdWX1

Run the same query for Harden's prime years, and he's all over the top of the list, with MUCH higher numbers. http://bkref.com/tiny/8dZ3U

But I believe you. The way you say "muh stats" is very convincing. But you still have to tell me how the NBA hid all of Jordan's bogus FTA's from all of the stat sites. Don't be embarrassed. Just tell me your theory on how they changed all those game logs. This has to be the biggest sports conspiracy of all time, and you've got the goods.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now I have some fool on social media using the fact that TD had his shot blocked more than any other player in NBA history as a way to discredit him and prop Hakeem up. I thought I had seen it all until then.
    Last edited by Thomas82; 06-06-2020 at 02:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a what these old fools think. TD no.1 big man of all time. C or PF who cares. Timmy the GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's who was getting the benefit of whistles during Jordan's prime years. His highest FTR season was #72 on the list. http://bkref.com/tiny/2Tdfo

Want to filter it just for guards? Okay... his highest FTR season moves all the way up to #23 on the list. http://bkref.com/tiny/ZdWX1

Run the same query for Harden's prime years, and he's all over the top of the list, with MUCH higher numbers. http://bkref.com/tiny/8dZ3U

But I believe you. The way you say "muh stats" is very convincing. But you still have to tell me how the NBA hid all of Jordan's bogus FTA's from all of the stat sites. Don't be embarrassed. Just tell me your theory on how they changed all those game logs. This has to be the biggest sports conspiracy of all time, and you've got the goods.
    Zero context

Good job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now I have some fool on social media using the fact that TD had his shot blocked more than any other player in NBA history as a way to discredit him and prop Hakeem up. I thought I had seen it all until then.
    Is there even a way to keep track of that? Seems like the most bogus statement of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero context

Good job
    Bruh Harden is a pussy. You should’ve gone with Durant instead of Harden. He’s a joke. Nobody here in Houston actually believes the beard can lead the Rockets to a le. Everybody in Chicago believed Jordan could lead them to the promise land bc he actually did it. Who gives a how many points Harden would average. His team wouldn’t be in any way shape or form a contender back in the 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No diss to say Hakeem was more skilled but I would say Duncan was bigger and smarter. Both all-time greats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero context

Good job

LOL. So they protected Jordan, without blowing whistles. How did they do that? Just give me some context for your claim, and I'll believe you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

By what measure? Without even looking, I can tell you that Zaza and DeMarcus Cousins are/were both more block prone than Tim. I'm sure there are others I can't think of.

You can't just look at total blocked shots. I bet Tim put up 4x as many shots as Zaza, if not more. He didn't get 4x as many shots blocked, or even close.

I know for years, Boogie was getting blocked more than any player in the league. It was over 1.5 times per game, last time I looked. I think Tim averaged around 1 blocked per game.

Don't let people like Lefty confuse the facts. Tim took a load of shots, most of them while he was guarded by other giants. He played a lot of minutes and a lot of seasons, which is going to add to the total number. He got slightly more because he didn't jump high, but not so far out of the norm that it would make him the most block-prone player in history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there even a way to keep track of that? Seems like the most bogus statement of all time.
    I looked it up myself and saw it in a couple of places. This was the most legit link I could find:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/05/13...n-nba-history/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By what measure? Without even looking, I can tell you that Zaza and DeMarcus Cousins are/were both more block prone than Tim. I'm sure there are others I can't think of.

You can't just look at total blocked shots. I bet Tim put up 4x as many shots as Zaza, if not more. He didn't get 4x as many shots blocked, or even close.

I know for years, Boogie was getting blocked more than any player in the league. It was over 1.5 times per game, last time I looked. I think Tim averaged around 1 blocked per game.

Don't let people like Lefty confuse the facts. Tim took a load of shots, most of them while he was guarded by other giants. He played a lot of minutes and a lot of seasons, which is going to add to the total number. He got slightly more because he didn't jump high, but not so far out of the norm that it would make him the most block-prone player in history.
    Yeah, I'm aware of ZaZa and DC being block prone and these other facts you just gave us. I actually mentioned Cousins in my rebuttal. I also told this clown that TD also never got beat in MVP voting by a role player teammate. I told him to go look up the 1991 MVP voting. I know Hakeem missed time that year with the broken eye socket, but I still can't see how he finished behind Kenny Smith.

Thread Information