Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they saying the colors on the Y540 are ? Because that's probably not an IPS panel since it's not advertised as such. IPS has the best colors and viewing angles but I have no idea if the IPS in the L340 is any good or not.
    You see....that's why I'm asking questions tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck was asking about Alienware. They also aren't budget laptops, or weren't last I checked. The one at the linky was 1600.00, which OP says is out of the question.

I think a "gaming" laptop bought on the cheap is going to play for a very limited time because the owner is going to want new les that require better hardware.

I'd look into getting a used one, you can get them with high end specs for a lot less than new, but be wary of stolen merchandise. Buy only from trusted folks. Check Amazon for used ROG laptops up to 1K
    For adults, I'd agree. If it's for a kid that's into Minecraft and Roblox, there's no need to spend a bunch of money. In a couple years when their interests change, you'll be ready to buy a new one anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I edited that post after you quoted it... gpu is more like 15% faster since it's a GTX 1650 Max-Q and not GTX 1650 as I thought when making the post. I don't really know who is great for laptops. I have an MSI motherboard in my desktop and honestly it has been kind of a pain in the ass and I'll probably buy a Gigabyte board next time. But if ElNono can vouch for them as a decent manufacturer his word is a lot better than mine since he's an actual game developer.
    I have a relatively pricey MSI laptop, and it's been good to me. Can't really say much more than that, as usual, looking at reviews online normally can give you a decent pulse.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I JUST GOT THE ASUS ROG GX701 WITH THESE SPECS I PLAY MODERN WARFARE WITH EVERYTHING AT HIGHEST SETTINGS OVER 100 FPS
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-8750H (6C / 12T @ up to 4.1 GHz), 9M Cache, 45W TDP, 14nm
    RAM
    16GB 2666MHz DDR4 + 8GB Soldered Onboard RAM
    GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6
    Storage
    1TB PCIe G3X4 NVMe SSD
    Display
    17.3″ FHD (1920 X 1080) 144Hz Anti-Glare IPS Wide View Pantone Validated display with G-Sync (3ms response, 100% sRGB)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I JUST GOT THE ASUS ROG GX701 WITH THESE SPECS I PLAY MODERN WARFARE WITH EVERYTHING AT HIGHEST SETTINGS OVER 100 FPS
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-8750H (6C / 12T @ up to 4.1 GHz), 9M Cache, 45W TDP, 14nm
    RAM
    16GB 2666MHz DDR4 + 8GB Soldered Onboard RAM
    GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6
    Storage
    1TB PCIe G3X4 NVMe SSD
    Display
    17.3″ FHD (1920 X 1080) 144Hz Anti-Glare IPS Wide View Pantone Validated display with G-Sync (3ms response, 100% sRGB)
    That's a monsta though... can't have that for under $1k lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^Looks fantastic.

Overkill for a kid playing Minecraft and Roblox though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can play minecraft on a Dell 260.

Thread Information