Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching "The Last Dance", with all those "macho" statements that can now be easily thrown around because history was already written, got me thinking about all the toxic sporting common places that were glorified because of the Michael Jordan phenomenon. For example:

-The excessive glorifying of the individual over the team.
    -The idea that to be an "alpha male" leader you have to be a disgusting sociopath asshole.
    - The belief that one man's will can actually turn around the outcome of an entire team sport.
    - If you pass it to an open teammate instead of forcing a tough fadeaway in the last second, you are a choking got.
    - The re ed conception that losing before the finals is better than losing in the finals (this boggles my mind to this day, tbh. )

Feel free to add more, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    New thread?

Did you just get cable.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    OP wants to talk about toxic when he said Manu was better than Dirk. Irony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP wants to talk about toxic when he said Manu was better than Dirk. Irony.
    1) lie.

2) you won't even try to defend this , your only move is trying to deflect.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Watching "The Last Dance", with all those "macho" statements that can now be easily thrown around because history was already written, got me thinking about all the toxic sporting common places that were glorified because of the Michael Jordan phenomenon. For example:

-The idea that to be an "alpha male" leader you have to be a disgusting sociopath asshole.
    - The belief that one man's will can actually turn around the outcome of an entire team sport.
    - If you pass it to an open teammate instead of forcing a tough fadeaway in the last second, you are a choking got.
    - The re ed conception that losing before the finals is better than losing in the finals (this boggles my mind to this day, tbh. )

The ultimate price of winning is far more interesting than role model. There are plenty of lovable losers in professional sports.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Is this secretly about lionel harden?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If one had to choose between having Jordan's mindset or being a star, content with spending his career coming off the bench in Fat Antonio, the choice is pretty obvious imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If one had to choose between having Jordan's mindset or being a star, content with spending his career coming off the bench in Fat Antonio, the choice is pretty obvious imho.
    I would take Manu's career success, with his sane personal life and loving relationships; over Jordan's career and his dad killing personal life ways 10 times out of 9, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would take Manu's career success, with his sane personal life and loving relationships; over Jordan's career and his dad killing personal life ways 10 times out of 9, tbh.
    Two idiot teens killed James Jordan in a robbery attempt. How do y'all extrapolate MJ getting his father murdered from that? Been hearing this claim for years but never seen any actual , credible evidence for it.
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 05-25-2020 at 07:15 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Zoomer thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two idiots teens killed James Jordan in a robbery attempt. How do y'all extrapolate MJ getting his father murdered from that? Been hearing this claim for years but never seen any actual , credible evidence for it.
    Ok, if you want to buy the whole "Jordan's dad was just taking a nap on the side of the Road when two kids came and killed him out of the blue" story, let's just say I would rather have normal true loving relationships, instead of just being able to have security guards as "Friends" because everybody else thinks I'm an asshole, is scared of me, or both.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ok, if you want to buy the whole "Jordan's dad was just taking a nap on the side of the Road when two kids came and killed him out of the blue" story, let's just say I would rather have normal true loving relationships, instead of just being able to have security guards as "Friends" because everybody else thinks I'm an asshole, is scared of me, or both.
    You think the most asshole aggressive athlete just took it on the chin and moved on?

He had the money and influence to take down most anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the most asshole aggressive athlete just took it on the chin and moved on?

He had the money and influence to take down most anyone.

Even the most influential celebrity in the World isn't more powerful than the softest of mobsters, tbh.

Look, I have no way of knowing one way or another, and I'm half bull ting around, but what I know for sure is that the whole story about the dad, of the most well known celebrity in the World, deciding to park a roofless car in the middle of nowhere, to take a nap, sounds weird to say the least.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1) lie.

2) you won't even try to defend this , your only move is trying to deflect.
    Air Dennison at it again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- disorder
    - disorder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh how many nice billionaires are there in the world? I assume all of them are assholes who want things done their way and don’t give a who they have to run over in order to get results.

Also I like Hardens legacy more tbh. Flop, play no defense, shoot a million 3s a game and pad your assists because you always have the ball. Win an MVP and get paid $43 million a year to lose in the playoffs. All while having his jersey retired in the rafters of Houston’s strip clubs. That’s more my style than Jordan’s tbh. Only 2 things money is good for is hookers and blow

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh how many nice billionaires are there in the world
    Mark Cuban and Bill Gates seem pretty nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban and Bill Gates seem pretty nice
    I bet they were asshole bosses at some point to some employee.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP forgot looking away from the rampant black on black crime thanks to his line of shoes, tbh, made by starving children in China. This is still happening today, but "The Last Dance" won't touch that with a 10-foot pole, tbh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more toxic below the surface, even. A lot of dark money went into making Jordan.
    And when he retired, those things didn't go away. They were in place for Bryant and LJ.
    Though, a lot of death seems to especially surround Jordan.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not to mention the part where MJ gets paid by Nike to use his name to siphon money out of America’s inner city and doesn’t care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though, a lot of death seems to especially surround Jordan.
    Sabonis knew about it, that's why he went to the NBA past his prime
    Last edited by lefty; 05-26-2020 at 09:24 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can't really argue with an argie that thinks baldspot is a top 5 sg of all time

Thread Information