Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Trump White house can't have it both ways....They state that if they did nothing, that 1.5-2.2m would have died due to this epidemic, stating that since we're at 100k it's a victory in restraint and shutting down the economy made sense...hence them DOING something. Now we hear that there is so much more death with suicides, people not being able to get to the hospital for check ups etc etc, so by opening we will reduce these deaths...what do they want. If the original # is 1.5 to 2.2m, where's the delta with them re-opening now and gambling on overall death count.

You can't boast lives saves by travel bans, shut down etc when then say that the cure is worse than the disease a few months later, with BS suicide stats....There is no winning on any sides here. The fact that the "greatest" country in the world has reacted poorly, not leading like they are stating and based on actual figures, failing or being average compared to other countries on mortality and response.

I thought the US was great....this process showed everyone that it's not the case.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you're right.

A few days after the U.K. changed its policies, Neil Ferguson, the scientist who led the Imperial College team, testified before Parliament that he expected deaths in the U.K. to top out at about 20,000. The drastically lower number caused shock waves: One former New York Times reporter described it as “a remarkable turn,” and the British tabloid the Daily Mail ran a story about how the scientist had a “patchy” record in modeling. The conservative site The Federalist even declared, “The Scientist Whose Doomsday Pandemic Model Predicted Armageddon Just Walked Back the Apocalyptic Predictions.”

But there was no turn, no walking back, not even a revision in the model. If you read the original paper, the model lays out a range of predictions—from tens of thousands to 500,000 dead—which all depend on how people react.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...-right/609271/
    Much of the concern stems from the weight placed by ministers on a report published on March 16 by a team of epidemiologists at Imperial College, London led by Neil Ferguson. Not only did this do ent warn that, unchecked, the virus could kill 510,000 people, it counselled that even with the government’s then preferred strategy of “mitigation”, more than 250,000 would die, with the National Health Service rapidly becoming wholly overwhelmed.

So he's said a mul ude of things he's been wrong about. You can relate. Serial goalpost movers.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much of the concern stems from the weight placed by ministers on a report published on March 16 by a team of epidemiologists at Imperial College, London led by Neil Ferguson. Not only did this do ent warn that, unchecked, the virus could kill 510,000 people, it counselled that even with the government’s then preferred strategy of “mitigation”, more than 250,000 would die, with the National Health Service rapidly becoming wholly overwhelmed.
    Well, as a scientist do you know what the government's then preferred strategy of mitigation was?

A simple yes or no will do as you are a scientist and certainly won't try to change the subject you brought up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the US was great....
    Why would you think that?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, as a scientist -- do you know what the government's then preferred strategy of mitigation was?

A simple yes or no will do as you are a scientist and certainly won't try to change the subject you brought up.
    So I was right. It did include mitigation. Thanks for being an internet philabuster mr. Kansas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I was right. It did include mitigation.
    No one is disputing the lower number included the government's then preferred strategy of mitigation. The higher number did not.

As a scientist -- do you know what the government's then preferred strategy of mitigation was?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compelling retort from a re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compelling retort from a re .
    he keeps trying to say he's a scientist

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is disputing the lower number included the government's then preferred strategy of mitigation. The higher number did not.

As a scientist -- do you know what the government's then preferred strategy of mitigation was?

I was right again. I said he was off using mitigation. And there you have it. Me 15 you 0

Wetmarkets and Kansas say o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was right again. I said he was off using mitigation. And there you have it. Me 15 you 0

Wetmarkets and Kansas say o
    I've never seen a scientist so afraid of talking about science.

After the UK government announced its actual mitigation plan, the model was adjusted downward.

Speaking as a scientist, do you dispute this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he keeps trying to say he's a scientist
    He blew that dream up long ago when banished from the Spurs forum.
    So he has come down here to be a punching bag.
    Its actually a good thing, a type of public service that the GreatPlot performs for us as well.

We know the dumb asses in the neighborhood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its actually a good thing, a type of public service that the GreatPlot performs for us as well.

is this the way he thinks scientists communicate? Changing the subject and melting down?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Personally invested. Scary. Keep gossiping. Lol you two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally invested.
    You sure are. Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So all the models have caveat of "or not".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen a model claim that it is a definite prediction of the future. This seems to be what you are implying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can always speak to a psychic with a crystal ball instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All models have a caveat.
    Good data that shows they are wrong and therefore need to be adjusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why the most prominent members of ST's Science Force pretend to know so little about infectious disease models.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The study's results have provided further fuel for the critics of the Swedish approach. With 39.26 deaths per 100,000, Sweden's mortality rate is not only higher than that of the U.S. (29.87 deaths per 100,000) but also exponentially higher than those of its neighbors Norway (4.42 per 100,000) and Finland (5.56 per 100,000), which both enacted strict lockdown measures, according to data from Johns Hopkins University...."

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/25/86192...miologist-says

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Norway can keep its numbers that low without lockdowns, that's great.

Sweden's numbers still suck.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    contrary to TheGreatYacht belief, ching-chang-chongers are to blame, not Jews or Israelites or "Zionists".

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    contrary to TheGreatYacht belief, ching-chang-chongers are to blame, not Jews or Israelites or "Zionists".
    Covid-19 only exists on your TV set. The Zionists are pulling the strings to the government takeover going on all over the world. The parasites elites (Jews) are fulfilling what they been planning for years.

Things may be getting back to normal but strap your seat belt cuz the Bill Gates agenda (certificate of immunization) is to come after the fall wave of Covid cases return. Jewish controlled media is already warning us of things to get worse in the fall.

So enjoy this small window of opportunity that we have left. Will you wake up on time and do something about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid-19 only exists on your TV set. The Zionists are pulling the strings to the government takeover going on all over the world. The parasites elites (Jews) are fulfilling what they been planning for years.

Things may be getting back to normal but strap your seat belt cuz the Bill Gates agenda (certificate of immunization) is to come after the fall wave of Covid cases return. Jewish controlled media is already warning us of things to get worse in the fall.

So enjoy this small window of opportunity that we have left. Will you wake up on time and do something about it?
    What are you going to do about it?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Committee Approves $38 Billion Israel Defense Package

A $38 billion military aid package for Israel is moving to the Senate after being approved in the chamber’s Foreign Relations Committee on Thursday.

The bill (S.B. 3176) provides Israel, which currently receives more American aid than any other nation, an additional $3.8 billion a year over the next decade. It includes financing to upgrade most of Israel’s fighter aircraft, improve its ground forces’ mobility and strengthen its missile defense systems.

Largest Ever Military Assistance Deal

“I was proud to reintroduce this bipartisan bill that strengthens our nation’s strategic security alliance with Israel, a vibrant democracy that faces growing and unprecedented threats to its security and stability,” said Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, the bill’s co-sponsor. “I hope my colleagues will quickly move to pass it in both chambers and send it to the President for signing.”

Ouch. The parasites have control over both parties of Congress

You can shut your eyes and ears all you want but the parasitic elite threat is real.

Thread Information