Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We currently sit in the #20 spot (#11 draft position of 30), and would be in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see that crap Damian Lillard said? He said if he doesn’t have a shot at getting into the playoffs he would sit out every game that they play this season I get their trying to make things fair but just resume the season, have everybody play 5 games and after those 5 games who ever is in the playoffs is in, none of this play in stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a Spurs fans wet dream? We get a lottery pick and keep the playoff streak!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is the case I’d be on board lmao I’m afraid it would miss with are draft pick though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop tbh

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is the case I’d be on board lmao I’m afraid it would miss with are draft pick though
    I don't think there's any way the Spurs would make the "playoffs" but still have a chance at the lottery. Being the #20 seed would probably just lock them into the 11th pick.

It would be some if they just took 10 teams from each conference though.

If it really is just 1-20 by record and conferences don't matter, I'd imagine the play-in part would be 13 vs 20, 14 vs 19, 15 vs 18, 16 vs 17. That would match the Spurs with the #13 Mavericks in the play-in round, with the winner taking on the #4 Clippers. Two pretty bad matchups for the Spurs, though it's doubtful they would make it past the Mavs anyway.

I didn't realize that there are only 13 teams with records over 0.500 anyway. Moving up just one spot would have given the Spurs a sub-0.500 play-in round opponent (the Grizzlies sit at #14).

Maybe there would be some legitimacy to the Spurs playoff streak continuing if they make it out of the play-in round and into the 16-team playoff bracket.
    Last edited by Seventyniner; 05-26-2020 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see that crap Damian Lillard said? He said if he doesn’t have a shot at getting into the playoffs he would sit out every game that they play this season I get their trying to make things fair but just resume the season, have everybody play 5 games and after those 5 games who ever is in the playoffs is in, none of this play in stuff
    Can you blame him? Which superstar players on a bubble team wants to play five games and then call it a season? It's beyond stupid.

And I agree with him when you read his whole comment

"It would suck not to get in the playoffs because our thing was, we had fought ourselves back into position to get a spot," Lillard told Yahoo Sports. "We had our starting center and starting power forward coming back, so we had a lot to look forward to and for a great reason. Now, they're healthy and have extra time to train and rehab while everybody's rusty. So now, they won't be coming back as the only rusty players. And if everybody's rusty, [expletive], we can come in here and beat everybody. I do feel like if we do come back and our mind is right, we can beat anyone.

I just feel like that would be the matchup people want to see," Lillard told Yahoo Sports. "And not to say nobody wants to see Memphis, because they're in the eighth and they've been in the eighth spot for a while. They've earned that. You can't take anything away from Memphis. They play hard, they're exciting and they've got a lot of young talent. The Lakers would have their hands full playing against them. Memphis beat the Lakers this year. Memphis would have nothing to lose. I feel like both series could be a little bit hectic for the Lakers, but I think more so us, because of the experience and where we are in our careers.

But if the league says it's only taking playoff teams, then I'm off to a head start in my summer training. I'll be pissed off because I feel like they basically stopped the season and went straight into the playoffs. We're chasing the team with the toughest schedule in the league and we're in ninth place. That would be weak, but it is what it is."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you blame him? Which superstar players on a bubble team wants to play five games and then call it a season? It's beyond stupid.

And I agree with him when you read his whole comment
    I don’t know man Imo it’s shady of him, his team shouldn’t have sucked so bad if he wanted to make the playoffs lol also with this pandemic going on it’s not about him, it’s for the betterment of the league and making sure he still gets payed his money (he signed a Supermax). And he should want to play for his fans, having NBA basketball back will bring a lot of joy back to people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damian Lillard said he won't play when the season resumes if the Blazers don't have a shot at the playoffs.

"If we come back and they're just like, 'We're adding a few games to finish the regular season,' and they're throwing us out there for meaningless games and we don't have a true opportunity to get into the playoffs, I'm going to be with my team because I'm a part of the team. But I'm not going to be participating," Lillard said. "I'm telling you that right now. And you can put that [expletive] in there." The Blazers are 29-37 and 3.5 games back of the 8th seed. Nothing has been decided on yet in regards to how the NBA will resume the season, but you can mark the Blazers down as a team that will be hoping for a postseason play-in tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any teams already mathematically eliminated don't return. The remaining teams below seed 8 play in a mini tournament. The winner plays the current 8 seed for the 8 seed in the normal playoffs. First round (or all of them) of playoffs is race to 3.

Any team that wants to abstain from the mini tournament has that option.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    NBA should make an NAG (Not Any Good) tournament for players like Dame who raps about how great he is but can't even qualify for an NBA 8 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs would have to be one of the final 8 (or 16 if the Conferences consolidate) to be considered a playoff team for purposes of the streak.

Logically, if you "lose" the play-in you would be a non-playoff team and in the lottery same as any other non-playoff team -- but who knows.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be either 8 or 20 make the PO. the 20 are playing for a shot to be the top 8 and go to more traditional PO from there. it is not just going to be the bottom teams playing but all playing in a round robin tournament and then the top 8 making it to the more standard PO.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get a lottery with all teams give equal chances?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get a lottery with all teams give equal chances?
    That's how the Lakers end up with the #1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ain't the Spurs the 20th seed? 11th pick and playoffs. Best of both worlds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The le winner will have the biggest asterisk ever. Even bigger than the 1998-1999 Spurs tbh
    Last edited by Play Boban; 05-27-2020 at 03:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if draft position will be adjusted depending upon the final standings of the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The le winner will have the biggest asterisk ever. Even bigger than the 1999-2000 Spurs tbh
    There is no asterisk to the 99 championship. Its all in your pea sized brain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no asterisk to the 99 championship. Its all in your pea sized brain.
    My brain is bigger than yours

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still have to watch another four games of DeRozan in a Spurs uniform though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as the NBA is going straight into the playoffs. Trying to salvage anything out of the regular season would lead to disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a full healthy Forbes, we would crush the teams ahead of us

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't want to lose our place in the standings....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still have to watch another four games of DeRozan in a Spurs uniform though.
    8 games 4x2 unless we make the top 8.

Thread Information