Page 157 of 163 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4073
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is a gross miscarriage of justice. It reinforces my general belief that prosecutors are glorified predators.
    There hasn't been any miscarriage of anything. There will be a trial.

The justice (or not) happens after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is a gross miscarriage of justice.

They're even charging the other officer with assault for what?

Chasing a lawbreaker?

This has turned him state witness and is flat out wrong.

The prosecutor should be impeached.
    after he was shot, one officer kicked him, the other stood on his shoulders. i dont know to what extent, and i dont think we've seen footage to that effect, but its the word of the DA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    discharging a nonlethal weapon that didnt even have any ammunition
    And presumably struck the officer and inhibited his ability to defend himself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after he was shot, one officer kicked him, the other stood on his shoulders. i dont know to what extent, and i dont think we've seen footage to that effect, but its the word of the DA
    The word of the DA? So, he's just making sh** up quite likely.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If they woke him up and he immediately started fighting etc then I would be sympathetic. Possibly blacked out.

But 30+ minutes. He was conscious and making calculated decision. If he had managed to grab the officiers guns he would have used it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 3 weeks ago: "I CAN'T BREATHE!"

Now: "No, literally, I can't breathe."

And neither can grandma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And presumably struck the officer and inhibited his ability to defend himself.
    How can a weapon with no ammo strike anyone let alone "inhibit" someone from defending themselves?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The word of the DA? So, he's just making sh** up quite likely.
    DA said it was based on video evidence and witness testimony

that would ultimately have to be presented at trial

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost 3 weeks ago: "I CAN'T BREATHE!"

Now: "No, literally, I can't breathe."

And neither can grandma.
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just because i'm skeptical that there will be a conviction doesnt mean the charges are being brought in bad faith. i'm not privy to all the information the prosecution has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they woke him up and he immediately started fighting etc then I would be sympathetic. Possibly blacked out.

But 30+ minutes. He was conscious and making calculated decision. If he had managed to grab the officiers guns he would have used it.
    if you sent 2 cops to check out an unarmed guy who is drunk and asleep in his car, and it ends up with somebody being shot and killed, i'm going to say that the officers probably messed up somewhere

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How can a weapon with no ammo strike anyone let alone "inhibit" someone from defending themselves?
    "Cops should be trained like MMA fighters and remain cool during a fight"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Cops should be trained like MMA fighters and remain cool during a fight"
    or how about he just runs off, you call for backup, tell them which way he's running as you give chase. you already have all his ID, know where he lives. he's unarmed and not about to go kill somebody.

the shooting didnt happen "during a fight" it happened while the guy was running away

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    if you sent 2 cops to check out an unarmed guy who is drunk and asleep in his car, and it ends up with somebody being shot and killed, i'm going to say that the officers probably messed up somewhere
    I have a DUI. My parents watched me get thrown around a bit but I was blacked out and being a smart ass

My parents have stated before that in America you simply follow every order. They were worried in another situation I could have been killed.

So I get it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or how about he just runs off, you call for backup, tell them which way he's running as you give chase. you already have all his ID, know where he lives. he's unarmed and not about to go kill somebody.

the shooting didnt happen "during a fight" it happened while the guy was running away
    I like the theory that these cops were just embarrassed they got manhandled by a drunk and would have gotten away if not for getting shot up.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There hasn't been any miscarriage of anything. There will be a trial.

The justice (or not) happens after.
    Trying someone for a capital crime that has not been committed is a miscarriage of justice.
    Taking someone to trial for political reasons is a miscarriage of justice.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ammo? You can see a discharge in the video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying someone for a capital crime that has not been committed is a miscarriage of justice.
    Taking someone to trial for political reasons is a miscarriage of justice.
    he's en led to a preliminary hearing, where a judge hears the prosecution's case and evidence and determines if there is sufficient evidence to have a jury hear the case

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

I think that is fair given the current climate

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DA said it was based on video evidence and witness testimony

that would ultimately have to be presented at trial
    It's not relevant to whether murder occurred in either event.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not relevant to whether murder occurred in either event.
    im inclined to agree, to the extent that it doesnt change, imo, the officer's state of mind at the moment of the shooting. however, if the charges are based on this conduct, ie kicking him or standing on his shoulder as he's bleeding out and fighting for his life, when they are obligated by policy to provide medical aid... thats a different story

still think its hard to know without having access to the evidence right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a DUI. My parents watched me get thrown around a bit but I was blacked out and being a smart ass

My parents have stated before that in America you simply follow every order. They were worried in another situation I could have been killed.

So I get it.
    i mean yeah, i would teach my kids to follow officers orders as well. nobody is arguing that this guy was a good guy and behaved like a saint. that doesnt mean cops are justified in using excessive force when somebody doesnt comply, either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, cold blooded, intentional murder.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    of course the forum dunce doesn’t think a taser can “inhibit” someone from defending themselves

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard and his use of a nonprofit to funnel at least $140,000 in city of Atlanta funds to supplement his salary.

"At the request of the Attorney General’s Office, the GBI is conducting a criminal investigation into allegations against DA Paul Howard," GBI spokeswoman Nelly Miles told GPB News.

The allegations stem from reporting by The Atlanta Journal-Cons ution and Channel 2 Action News about discrepancies between financial disclosures Howard filed with the state and tax filings submitted to the IRS by the nonprofit he heads as CEO.

Howard, who has been the DA since 1997, is also facing allegations of sexual abuse and a state ethics complaint, the newspaper reported.

A criminal probe of the prosecutor who heads Georgia’s largest and busiest district attorney’s office is highly unusual. But so was Howard’s decision to use People Partnering for Progress as a conduit to pad his salary by at least $170,000 from 2014 through 2017, according to tax records and the nonprofit’s own do ents.

Howard’s annual salary, paid by the state and supplemented by the county, is roughly $175,000.

https://www.gpbnews.org/post/gbi-lau...lton-county-da

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i mean yeah, i would teach my kids to follow officers orders as well. nobody is arguing that this guy was a good guy and behaved like a saint. that doesnt mean cops are justified in using excessive force when somebody doesnt comply, either.
    When that somebody assaults an officer and then proceeds to take said officer’s taser and attempts to tase him the force was justified. You know this.

Thread Information