Page 128 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4073
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Where do you see they are looting their own communities?" -Chumpy (silence from the echo chamber stage left)
    I didn't express any personal opinion or point of view on whether the looting is happening in the looters' community, and I have no obligation to ensure narrative consistency between my posts and the posts of other people. You can keep up with Chump's posts while I concern myself with the resident neo-Nazis.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As unjust as Floyd's death is it does not represent a significant pattern in police killings.
    This unbelievably massive and often destructive response is clearly due to the last few weeks of selective reporting by the media on white-on-black crimes, even digging so far down as to make headline news out of a minor disagreement between two city park visitors and framing even that as a massive injustice.
    In a country of 330 million people, unjust crimes will happen from time to time. Perhaps it is worthwhile to try and minimize them, but the narrative pushing this disproportionate outrage to a single person's death is only going in one direction: white-on-black killings are the tragedy of the century and no other crimes are particularly meaningful.
    Never mind the recent (probably race-motivated) killing of Paul and Lidia Marino by a young black man. Never mind the police murder of Tony Timpa (a white man) in 2016 who died much the same way that Floyd died (though was not a criminal or under arrest for any crime). Never mind the fact that these looters have already killed at least one black man, former police officer David Dorn.
    And certainly nevermind the greater frequency of police killings of whites than blacks overall or the greater frequency of black citizens killings white citizens more than the reverse.
    No crowds of protestors for those events. No celebrity tweets or politicians rushing to placate angry mobs supporting those victims.
    This is not a spontaneous, fair-minded movement responding to any and all forms of injustice. It is a single-minded movement that is following one specific narrative driven by selective media coverage: that blacks are perennial victims and whites are perennial oppressors.
    If this whole fiasco results in better policing procedures across the country, that's great. But I'm skeptical. Sadly, I think we are only likely to see an uptick in crime in response to all of this, like we did following the Ferguson riots.
    Allow too much chaos and destruction to come out of your movement and that is likely to be the legacy.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well at least you're open with your racism here so props for that
    Thanx babe

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    [FONT="]As unjust as Floyd's death is it does not represent a significant pattern in police killings.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]This unbelievably massive and often destructive response is clearly due to the last few weeks of selective reporting by the media on white-on-black crimes, even digging so far down as to make headline news out of a minor disagreement between two city park visitors and framing even that as a massive injustice.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]In a country of 330 million people, unjust crimes will happen from time to time. Perhaps it is worthwhile to try and minimize them, but the narrative pushing this disproportionate outrage to a single person's death is only going in one direction: white-on-black killings are the tragedy of the century and no other crimes are particularly meaningful.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Never mind the recent (probably race-motivated) killing of Paul and Lidia Marino by a young black man. Never mind the police murder of Tony Timpa (a white man) in 2016 who died much the same way that Floyd died (though was not a criminal or under arrest for any crime). Never mind the fact that these looters have already killed at least one black man, former police officer David Dorn.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]And certainly nevermind the greater frequency of police killings of whites than blacks overall or the greater frequency of black citizens killings white citizens more than the reverse.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]No crowds of protestors for those events. No celebrity tweets or politicians rushing to placate angry mobs supporting those victims.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]This is not a spontaneous, fair-minded movement responding to any and all forms of injustice. It is a single-minded movement that is following one specific narrative driven by selective media coverage: that blacks are perennial victims and whites are perennial oppressors.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]If this whole fiasco results in better policing procedures across the country, that's great. But I'm skeptical. Sadly, I think we are only likely to see an uptick in crime in response to all of this, like we did following the Ferguson riots.[/FONT]
    Allow too much chaos and destruction to come out of your movement and that is likely to be the legacy.
    Whites oppressing blacks? Who started that rumor?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.businessinsider.com/geor...twitter-2020-6

In response to Floyd's death, some people started posting pictures of themselves kneeling on a friend's neck, saying it was part of the "George Floyd Challenge."

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Whites oppressing blacks? Who started that rumor?
    Whites agreed to take responsibility for the past and look how it is used against them

Asians, Arabs and Jews won't give an inch. They are learning from our mistakes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bunker

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

bunker
    "Crying out for social justice"

> Activist, feminist, author

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Crying out for social justice"

> Activist, feminist, author
    How does that change what bunker is doing?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Businesses spamming political propaganda in emails

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't express any personal opinion or point of view on whether the looting is happening in the looters' community, and I have no obligation to ensure narrative consistency between my posts and the posts of other people. You can keep up with Chump's posts while I concern myself with the resident neo-Nazis.
    You just belong on the same heroic ST shielding group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Businesses spamming political propaganda in emails
    It's a business decision, nothing more. Confidence men abound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just belong on the same heroic ST shielding group.
    As evidenced by the fact that I didn't shield for him? That's a weird take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As evidenced by the fact that I didn't shield for him? That's a weird take.
    You're in the group that piles on to someone here because they don't echo your beliefs. Then you remain noticeably silent when other members of your echo chamber group goes off script.

There's shielding in silence as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting pay for an NYPD cop is ~30k. I’d be a miserable SOB if I was trying to live in NYC off a 30k salary
    even the governor doesn't make that much. He made just a little over 200k in 2019 per the payroll records.

It's no wonder New York cops operate like the mafia. They run like a crime syndicate with the full backing of the mayor and governor.

It's sad when the police commissioner is calling the shots and tells Cuomo he needed to apologize and does so the next day like a puppy. Cops run this city, tbh. Giuliani cuddled them and now they feel like they're owed apologies when their feelings get hurt.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're in the group that piles on to someone here because they don't echo your beliefs. Then you remain noticeably silent when other members of your echo chamber group goes off script.

your narrative

OK you shield for Trump all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're just rebranding normal message board behavior so you have something to argue about that isn't an actual issue or topic being discussed. All the while, you are either completely self-unaware or just apathetic to the fact that you do the exact same thing when it comes to defending conservative or alt-right perspectives.

I have several left-wing trolls on ignore, like boutons and Spurs Homer, so you're probably not going to see me respond to them much. If my perspective often aligns with most of the other liberal-leaning posters here, I'm good with that. I'd worry if they aligned with ducks, Derp, Nathan, Chris, or Donald Trump as yours do.

Anyway I don't consider Chump's take on the looters particularly off script. I'm sorry you didn't feel supported.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bunker
    Trump built the Whitehouse. Pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're just rebranding normal message board behavior so you have something to argue about that isn't an actual issue or topic being discussed. All the while, you are either completely self-unaware or just apathetic to the fact that you do the exact same thing when it comes to defending conservative or alt-right perspectives.

I have several left-wing trolls on ignore, like boutons and Spurs Homer, so you're probably not going to see me respond to them much. If my perspective often aligns with most of the other liberal-leaning posters here, I'm good with that. I'd worry if they aligned with ducks, Derp, Nathan, Chris, or Donald Trump as yours do.

Anyway I don't consider Chump's take on the looters particularly off script. I'm sorry you didn't feel supported.
    "normal message board behavior" followed by the company rhetoric "sorry if you feel..."

It's not an attack on you. You are one of the echo chamber members here though. The board is decidedly biased extreme left so if someone with a conservative outlook posts, they are treated like by the echo chamber. RMT gets called every name in the book and she's almost always cordial. Then there's the constant pressure from the chamber to go against your beliefs and openly state such. I think you guys just feed off each other like a bunch of children tbh

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even the governor doesn't make that much. He made just a little over 200k in 2019 per the payroll records.

It's no wonder New York cops operate like the mafia. They run like a crime syndicate with the full backing of the mayor and governor.

It's sad when the police commissioner is calling the shots and tells Cuomo he needed to apologize and does so the next day like a puppy. Cops run this city, tbh. Giuliani cuddled them and now they feel like they're owed apologies when their feelings get hurt.
    A simple google search would tell you idiots that the 30K number is bull . They start in the mid forties in the class and at 5 years are at 85K. Still not rich by New York standards but the benefits and retirement are ridiculous.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 06-04-2020 at 06:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police and Fire call their own shots because they vote as a block. They can kill any mayor or city councilman that doesnt play ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "normal message board behavior" followed by the company rhetoric "sorry if you feel..."
    More manufactured contradiction. Yawn.

It's not an attack on you. You are one of the echo chamber members here though. The board is decidedly biased extreme left so if someone with a conservative outlook posts, they are treated like by the echo chamber. RMT gets called every name in the book and she's almost always cordial. Then there's the constant pressure from the chamber to go against your beliefs and openly state such. I think you guys just feed off each other like a bunch of children tbh
    It's no surprise that the board reflects the general population in skewing liberal. Saying it skews "Extreme Left" is laughable. I think you just feel left out tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A simple google search would tell you idiots that the 30K number is bull . They start in the mid forties in the class and at 5 years are at 85K. Still not rich by New York standards but the benefits and retirement are ridiculous.
    Does not change the fact of how they operate.

Thread Information