Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders set his sights on the service industry this week when he published a video promoting a $15 minimum wage for “tipped workers” like waiters and waitresses: A drastic increase from the current level of $2.13.

“Let’s be clear: 70% of tipped workers are women. We will not have equal pay for equal work until we increase the $2.13 sub-minimum wage – which has not gone up in 30 years – to $15 an hour and adopt one fair wage. We must end the crisis of starvation wages in America,” posted Sanders on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenSander...rom-2-to-15%2F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have your romantical overtures to waitresses been rebutted?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. You can feel better about stiffing your server.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have your romantical overtures to waitresses been rebutted?
    That why you resort to stalking playgrounds and non stop perversions of teacher pedophiles sexing young children?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Sanders set his sights on the service industry this week when he published a video promoting a $15 minimum wage for “tipped workers” like waiters and waitresses: A drastic increase from the current level of $2.13.

“Let’s be clear: 70% of tipped workers are women. We will not have equal pay for equal work until we increase the $2.13 sub-minimum wage – which has not gone up in 30 years – to $15 an hour and adopt one fair wage. We must end the crisis of starvation wages in America,” posted Sanders on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenSander...rom-2-to-15%2F

Have you returned the 2k $$$. you received?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with it. Raise price of food, pay workers a decent wage and tips not required or expected. This works in other countries just fine. They'll have lower turnover rate and save money on training, service will improve and they won't have to fight for prime busy hours to get paid while there's no waitstaff during off peak hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think there are some restaurants that at even with $2 hour waiter wage they still make around $20. Dunno for sure tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with it. Raise price of food, pay workers a decent wage and tips not required or expected. This works in other countries just fine. They'll have lower turnover rate and save money on training, service will improve and they won't have to fight for prime busy hours to get paid while there's no waitstaff during off peak hours.
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think there are some restaurants that at even with $2 hour waiter wage they still make around $20. Dunno for sure tho
    nothing would stop people from still tipping some change here and there, but its pretty ty to feel compelled to tip ~15% or so just because they did their job. if they just raised prices and i knew that the waiters were being paid decently, id probably still tip some if they did a good job, but it shouldnt be a majority of their income tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in before "a waitress job is not a real job!"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. You can feel better about stiffing your server.
    I know you're just sperm shielding; but you're on to something, derp.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I won't be going to the restaurant, then

in before "a waitress job is not a real job!"

It's a real job if you're 22 and under. Once you have your bachelor's it's a little pathetic.

nothing would stop people from still tipping some change here and there, but its pretty ty to feel compelled to tip ~15% or so just because they did their job. if they just raised prices and i knew that the waiters were being paid decently, id probably still tip some if they did a good job, but it shouldnt be a majority of their income tbh
    If they raised prices as a customer I wouldn't want to come out worse than before, so yeah the tip would have to naturally come down or not at all.

A tip is a privilege not a right, like as you said just doing your job at an average pace shouldn't be heavily rewarded, and the problem with raising prices and doing away with tips is that it rewards the ty rude and argumentative type of servers that deserve no tips even if their wage is $2.13.

A lot of waiters/waitress's will hate the out of that if it results in no tipping. if they cant' clear $50 an hour now in a decent restaurant in SA they are doing something wrong.

$50 an hour? lol maybe at a fine dining place on the riverwalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of waiters/waitress's will hate the out of that if it results in no tipping. if they cant' clear $50 an hour now in a decent restaurant in SA they are doing something wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a real job if you're 22 and under. Once you have your bachelor's it's a little pathetic.
    With automation and everything else going on, it's one decent job you can at least fall back to. But it has to have at the very least a livable wage.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With automation and everything else going on, it's one decent job you can at least fall back to. But it has to have at the very least a livable wage.
    Does it? Isn't that the point of taxing the rich? To give back to the poor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would result in more income they would have to claim
    And could result with people calling in sick because they would make as much with working less hours because of taxes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it doesn't. It's meant to be extra income, for buying wants like new shoes, clothes, perfumes, cosmetics, jewelry, other wants like that. It an early-career job intended for youth to supplement what their parents are doing for them, and/or the universities and governments in the case of college.

It's not meant to cover tuition, rent, a new car, or medical bills. Those are going to be your jobs with "bachelor's degree" as a general requirement.

This would result in more income they would have to claim
    And could result with people calling in sick because they would make as much with working less hours because of taxes
    That's stupid. Who in their right mind would rather make $150K instead of $400K just because they'd be in a lower tax bracket? You do understand that the more you make the more you take home, right? Doesn't matter what the tax rate is, as long as it's lower than 100% (inclusive of SS/Medicare taxes).

Plenty of older people do this job and the like. Not everyone can be a manager or executive.
    Well then hope their husband has a real career, and/or hope they don't have kids.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it doesn't. It's meant to be extra income, for buying wants like new shoes, clothes, perfumes, cosmetics, jewelry, other wants like that. It an early-career job intended for youth to supplement what their parents are doing for them, and/or the universities and governments in the case of college.

It's not meant to cover tuition, rent, a new car, or medical bills.
    Plenty of older people do this job and the like. Not everyone can be a manager or executive.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    My position on this is the same as my position on federal minimum wage of $15.

But in cities like Seattle, paying servers $15 is working just fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seattle is expensive but it's far from the most expensive city. Zero state income taxes in Seattle, and property taxes per dollar value is also below average. Youth in Seattle have it made. Make $15 with zero work experience or specific skills, live in a co-ed room share house/apartment within walking distance (yes, they exist on Facebook and Craigslist; usually $500 for a private room with a shared bath, or $250-300 for a shared room and a bunk on a bunk bed) of work. Save and pile up that money and still have plenty to spend on entertainment. Of course this was pre covid when 10 people sharing a 5 bed 2.5 bath house was not an issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a donut business that when they got a 2 hour raise with min wage
    It worked ok for 2 weeks
    Then their employees figured out if they called in sick once a week they get the same money

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I know a donut business that when they got a 2 hour raise with min wage
    It worked ok for 2 weeks
    Then their employees figured out if they called in sick once a week they get the same money
    I just bet this happened.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Right again, Sadbert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $2 an hour employees getting no benefits no vacation time no sick time they call in sick they get fired

Thread Information