Page 118 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4073
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is hijacking these protests now.

Getting sick of it

They locked up the cops right? What else they want?

There's a pandemic. Maybe call it a day tomorrow until the trial and nurse those lungs?

Uhh, yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The protests were good until probably yesterday.

Today obama, pelosi, cnn jumped on the wagon as if they been there all along was disgusting

Poor kids tbqh. Being used and will be thrown away like a used condom. Most likely

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is hijacking these protests now.

Getting sick of it

They locked up the cops right? What else they want?

There's a pandemic. Maybe call it a day tomorrow until the trial and nurse those lungs?
    Every day, several peaceful protests are marred by police escalation. It's about more than the 4 Minnesota cops. It's exposing the en lement, inep ude and lack of accountability of our law enforcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every day, several peaceful protests are marred by police escalation. It's about more than the 4 Minnesota cops. It's exposing the en lement, inep ude and lack of accountability of our law enforcement.
    So what do you propose the kids do? Stay there until zero abuse happens? What's the end goal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what they marred by?

Many people at these protests already testing positive for covid-19.

Well done

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well done
    Hopefully we get your unmasked counterprotesters out there to add to the soup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you propose the kids do? Stay there until zero abuse happens? What's the end goal?
    There's never an end goal to protests. It's a venting of frustration. The frustration probably subsides more quickly if cops can control their temptation to beat the out of those kids or shoot rubber bullets at their faces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well done
    Yes. Every day several protests are marred by unnecessary police escalation. Are you denying this? There's video of it everywhere. Or is this where you're going to say "buh whabout antifa?"

pretending to give a about COVID transference now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's never an end goal to protests. It's a venting of frustration. The frustration probably subsides more quickly if cops can control their temptation to beat the out of those kids or shoot rubber bullets at their faces.
    Good to know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Every day several protests are marred by unnecessary police escalation. Are you denying this? There's video of it everywhere. Or is this where you're going to say "buh whabout antifa?"

pretending to give a about COVID transference now

I guess that's why cops are being shot and run over. Good talkin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The protests were good until probably yesterday.

Today obama, pelosi, cnn jumped on the wagon as if they been there all along was disgusting

Poor kids tbqh. Being used and will be thrown away like a used condom. Most likely
    And as i type this mew niga Pepe comes up big:

https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/why-am...-be-televised/

The real looters – the ruling class – are comfortably surveying the show on their massive 4K Bravias, sipping single malt.

This is a class war much more than a race war and should be approached as such. Yet it was hijacked from the start to unfold as a mere color revolution.

US corporate media dropped their breathless Planet Lockdown coverage like a ton of – pre-arranged? – bricks to breathlessly cover en masse the new American “revolution.” Social distancing is not exactly conducive to a revolutionary spirit.

To quote the Temptations: it’s a ball of confusion.

Antifa is criminalized but the Boogaloo Bois get a pass (here is how Antifa’s main conceptualizer defends his ideas). Yet another tribal war, yet another – now domestic – color revolution under the sign of divide and rule, pitting Antifa anti-fascists vs. fascist white supremacists.

But we got a problem. The insurrection, so far purely emotional, has yielded no political structure and no credible leader to articulate myriad, complex grievances. As it stands, it amounts to an inchoate insurrection, under the sign of impoverishment and perpetual debt.

And then, the Elvis moment: General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, patrolling the streets of DC. The Raytheon lobbyist now heading the Pentagon, Mark Esper, called it “dominating the battlespace.”

Well, after they got their butts kicked in Afghanistan and Iraq, and indirectly in Syria, full spectrum dominance must dominate somewhere. So why not back home?

And complementing the racism angle, it’s never enough to remember that both a white president and a black president signed off on drone attacks on wedding parties in the Pakistani tribal areas.

George Floyd was the spark. In a Freudian twist, the return of the repressed came out swinging, laying bare multiple wounds: how the US political economy shattered the working classes; failed miserably on Covid-19; failed to provide affordable healthcare; profits a plutocracy; and thrives on a racialized labor market, a militarized police, multi-trillion-dollar imperial wars and serial bailouts of the too big to fail.

Instinctively at least, although in an inchoate manner, millions of Americans clearly see how, since Reaganism, the whole game is about an oligarchy/plutocracy weaponizing white supremacism for political power goals, with the extra bonus of a steady, massive, upwards transfer of wealth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a protest never changed anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that's why cops are being shot and run over. Good talkin.
    You found a video of a cop getting hit by a car, and some cops have been shot, therefore none of the dozens of incidents of unnecessary police escalation should be discussed.

We should ignore abuses by public servants because the people they serve are flawed and sometimes evil.

Great worldview, fascist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got around to look at this, great stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a protest never changed anything?
    Sometimes they shine a light on societal problems and inspire change. There's rarely a tangible "check box" that stops protests. (Maybe aside from Abbott caving and opening hair salons.)

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t say there’s no endgoal, imo it’s pretty obvious the endgoal is a complete overhaul of our criminal justice system as oppose to more bull band-aids like “increased sensitivity training” that politicians (from both parties) typically propose in response to these situations.

The “WHAT DO THESE PROTESTORS THINK THEYRE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH BY PROTESTING!?!?!” question has always been a re ed strawman imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes they shine a light on societal problems and inspire change. There's rarely a tangible "check box" that stops protests. (Maybe aside from Abbott caving and opening hair salons.)
    Disagree protests often make change.

Those cops today would not have been charged if not for the protests

But what now? Go home or risk a perpetual martial state and even more squeezing of us regular folk by the rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t say there’s no endgoal, imo it’s pretty obvious the endgoal is a complete overhaul of our criminal justice system as oppose to more bull band-aids like “increased sensitivity training” that politicians (from both parties) typically propose in response to these situations.

The “WHAT DO THESE PROTESTORS THINK THEYRE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH BY PROTESTING!?!?!” question has always been a re ed strawman imo.
    Well yeah I probably shouldn't have been so definitive. My point was that it's not like there's anything that can be done today that's suddenly going to make everyone go, "Thanks, we're good." Criminal justice reform is going to take a while.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Disagree protests often make change.

Those cops today would not have been charged if not for the protests

But what now? Go home or risk a perpetual martial state and even more squeezing of us regular folk by the rich.
    I’ve said for awhile now that we won’t have real reform on economic inequality until there’s blood on the streets and the oligarchs/the politicians they have eating out of their hand fear for their safety. Simply protests won’t cut it in that department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And agree 100% with Pepe and Tucker Carlson

This is 100% class War and not a race war. And the guys with the guns, money, leaders and clear goals will probably obliterate and enslave the other guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those cops today would not have been charged if not for the protests.
    I tend to agree, but that sort of goes back to my point that the protests aren't just about those 4 cops.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And agree 100% with Pepe and Tucker Carlson

This is 100% class War and not a race war. And the guys with the guns, money, leaders and clear goals will probably obliterate and enslave the other guys
    Tucker Carlson calling this class warfare disguised as race warfare was a great talking point, but he ruined it with the usual Republican horse about how abortion clinics and liberal college professors are the ones causing harm to black communities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is toast. I'm not quite 65 yet and didnt vote for him but I was willing to give him a chance after he got elected. He has been a monumental embarrassment. I have a pretty good pulse on my age group of "conservative" business owners and a lot more feel the same way I do.
    I didn't think he was very dangerous up until covid. When he started to feel caged, couldn't do his rallies, and then got exposed for being such a weakling (we all knew he was a liar already), it all came falling down quickly. He's dangerous, cancerous to our democracy and it's clear there's no bottom on how low he's willing to go.

I didn't vote for President last time around. Despite not liking the choices this time around either, and that I'm on a state that will likely go overwhelmingly blue, I'm starting to feel the need to go and cast my vote as a way to be heard. Don't leave anything to chance, we can't afford it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker Carlson calling this class warfare disguised as race warfare was a great talking point, but he ruined it with the usual Republican horse about how abortion clinics and liberal college professors are the ones causing harm to black communities.
    Agree.

Truth is there's infighting between the rich and us poor are collateral. And the rich have no problem taking us to a civil war or at least a militarized state to accomplish their goals

When this is all over Americans will possibly have less rights and freedom than the average north Korean

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Agree.

Truth is there's infighting between the rich and us poor are collateral. And the rich have no problem taking us to a civil war or at least a militarized state to accomplish their goals
    This seems more like the rich pitting the poor/lower middle class against each other to distract from the real problem.

Cops for example make less now than they ever did before (inflation adjusted) because states and municipalities have had their tax revenue base gutted, and cops being underpaid is undoubtedly going to lead to them having a shorter fuse and temper when they’re on the job. Definitely not an excuse to kill someone by digging your knee into his neck for 8 minutes, just the simple reality that people who are underpaid are generally angrier while working than those who are happy with their pay.

Thread Information