Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no surprises you're only thinking about yourself there.

Yeah, those guys. They don't care about your feelings, they want to make sure the rest of the population is not at risk from an asymptomatic person spreading disease.
    Chinese immigrant who has never been to the far east

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinese immigrant who has never been to the far east
    Are you even reading what she's saying? She gets diagnosed with SARS and how *dare* anybody don't let her just walk out of the hospital and infect everybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you even reading what she's saying? She gets diagnosed with SARS and how *dare* anybody don't let her just walk out of the hospital and infect everybody.
    That's not as stupid as being a Chinese immigrant and not even knowing your own language.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not as stupid as being a Chinese immigrant and not even knowing your own language.
    that can happen if you were brought over as a kid, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that can happen if you were brought over as a kid, tbh...
    OK how about being a Chinese immigrant who has never been to China?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK how about being a Chinese immigrant who has never been to China?
    yeah, that's kinda weird. But I guess it could happen, especially if you're running away from the place. Not like Chinese leadership changed over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, that's kinda weird. But I guess it could happen, especially if you're running away from the place. Not like Chinese leadership changed over the years.
    How do you immigrate from China if you have never been to China though? You're arguing with a black Jamaican Chinese immigrant who has never been to China and doesn't know the language. It's no wonder her kid was defective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously did NOT have SARS - how am I supposed to get that homeschooling my kids and going to supermarket/church/Costco in Miami? They just didn't know what in the h*** they were doing and you know, I fit the profile (yellow skin, etc.).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously did NOT have SARS - how am I supposed to get that homeschooling my kids and going to supermarket/church/Costco in Miami? They just didn't know what in the h*** they were doing and you know, I fit the profile (yellow skin, etc.).
    ing Chinese immigrant who has never been to China

Don't ever change, Wild Cobra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you immigrate from China if you have never been to China though? You're arguing with a black Jamaican Chinese immigrant who has never been to China and doesn't know the language. It's no wonder her kid was defective.
    Oh I thought you meant going back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really not complicated. Forget about what you want.

If somebody suspects you're infected with SARS in the middle of a SARS pandemic, you're going to be isolated and quarantined, then tested. Do I have to really explain why that's the protocol during pandemics?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you don't understand how some one could be African American and never been to Africa, don't speak whatever African language? And I guess any pre-existing condition their kids have was BECAUSE of them never having been to Africa and not knowing the language. Seriously, do you hear yourself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you don't understand how some one could be African American and never been to Africa, don't speak whatever African language? And I guess any pre-existing condition their kids have was BECAUSE of them never having been to Africa and not knowing the language. Seriously, do you hear yourself?
    off dumbass, you have said you were a Chinese immigrant before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If somebody suspects you're infected with SARS in the middle of a SARS pandemic, you're going to be isolated and quarantined, then tested. Do I have to really explain why that's the protocol during pandemics?
    How many people contracted SARS in the United States during the 2003 outbreak? How many people died of SARS in the United States?
    In the United States, only eight persons were laboratory-confirmed as SARS cases. There were no SARS-related deaths in the United States. All of the eight persons with laboratory-confirmed SARS had traveled to areas where SARS-CoV transmission was occurring.

https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/faq.html

And you really think that I'm one of the eight having never been to that side of the world?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    off dumbass, you have said you were a Chinese immigrant before.
    I'm Chinese and I immigrated from Jamaica to the US - 2 totally different things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm Chinese and I immigrated from Jamaica to the US - 2 totally different things.
    Story always changes with you, [b]Wild Cobra. Maybe stop touching your kids at homeschool and you won't get their SARS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe you weren't old enough back then - it was nothing like covid - meaning no threat here in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many people contracted SARS in the United States during the 2003 outbreak? How many people died of SARS in the United States?
    In the United States, only eight persons were laboratory-confirmed as SARS cases. There were no SARS-related deaths in the United States. All of the eight persons with laboratory-confirmed SARS had traveled to areas where SARS-CoV transmission was occurring.

https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/faq.html

And you really think that I'm one of the eight having never been to that side of the world?
    The reason not that many people were infected or died is directly attributable to taking early actions such the ones in your case. That's the point of containment.

And yes, you can catch diseases without actually haven't been in the region. People fly, bring them over in planes, airports. Do you think everybody in the US that got covid traveled to China?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you weren't old enough back then - it was nothing like covid - meaning no threat here in the US.
    I don't know how can I get this through your thick head. It doesn't matter how it was back then, that's what you do to contain a pandemic before you know how contagious it is.

It's easy to look at now, with hindsight, and say it was not a big deal. At the time, we did not know that, that's why you follow protocol and take precautions.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    God damn son, you have a right wing anecdote for every situation.
    Don’t forget that she had to ask her preacher for permission to use healthcare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What is the protocol during pandemics??

Here in the US during coronavirus you can't even get tested easily even if symptomatic. It's Damm near impossible to get tested if you suspect you have been in contact with someone

The protocol is most definitely being followed now

I would not be surprised if it was not followed during sars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the protocol during pandemics??

Here in the US during coronavirus you can't even get tested easily even if symptomatic. It's Damm near impossible to get tested if you suspect you have been in contact with someone

The protocol is most definitely being followed now

I would not be surprised if it was not followed during sars
    The protocol is always pretty much the same to begin with: isolate and contain. That means quarantine suspected patients, and test.

We had a pandemic playbook that was actually put together with what we learned post-SARS, but unfortunately it apparently got lost during the government transition.

We also were lacking testing during this particular pandemic initially, which meant that the CDC sent orders to only test very sick individuals, which is not how you contain.

Now, to be fair, I believe this virus is much more contagious than SARS.

And yes, now that tests are available, we're more or less following the proper protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny random people on a sports forum understand how to contain an epidemic but the CDC didn't figure it out because they couldn't find the playbook. And you wonder why so many people just laugh this off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny random people on a sports forum understand how to contain an epidemic but the CDC didn't figure it out because they couldn't find the playbook. And you wonder why so many people just laugh this off.
    Well, the playbook was made by the NSC, it covered more than just the CDC, and they certainly had it, they just didn't follow it. 69-page do ent.

Again, this is public information, you could've learned as much outside of a sports forum if you really cared.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the playbook was made by the NSC, it covered more than just the CDC, and they certainly had it, they just didn't follow it. 69-page do ent.

Again, this is public information, you could've learned as much outside of a sports forum if you really cared.
    I posted a link to the playbook. It looks like ever Trump could've followed it.

Thread Information