Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like the country is falling apart on all sides.

The economy is cratering, the government budgets are collapsing, 100,000+ deaths from COVID, and now a string of terrible civil right abuses (George Floyd in Minnesota, Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia).

Was anybody alive during the Vietnam Era? There was a lot of civil unrest during that time. Did it feel like it does now then?

Don't get me wrong... I think we will recover but this is really bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 20-40 years, the kids burdened with all the debt our generation is packing on them will tell all old folk who have beef with them, "ok, Millennial." and will dismiss any civil protesting and unrest as insignificant.

This generation is doing no better than the boomers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vietnam era?

that was a golden age compared to this

just wait until markets, banks and wall street realize the “vaccine” will take much longer than 18 months

vietnam era will look like camelot

getting high, ing and protesting? id take that over this any day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't all that great in the 'Nam era, tbh... lines to get gas, the economic crisis was structural...

Look, this is what you expect out of an exceptional situation. It ain't pretty, but it never is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't all that great in the 'Nam era, tbh... lines to get gas, the economic crisis was structural...

Look, this is what you expect out of an exceptional situation. It ain't pretty, but it never is.
    Lots of civil unrest too. The college campuses then probably looked a lot like Hong Kong streets today.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Economic crisis is structural now too with 40 years of flat wages (for people not stuck in the gig economy) but immense growth in cost of healthcare, education, and housing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 20-40 years, the kids burdened with all the debt our generation is packing on them will tell all old folk who have beef with them, "ok, Millennial." and will dismiss any civil protesting and unrest as insignificant.

This generation is doing no better than the boomers.
    The boomers are still running the government. What are you talking about?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lor of boomers are in deep , in or near poverty, bleeding $Bs into for-profit health care, and are expected to be denied SS until age 70 or above

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you not read the "in 20-40 years" part?

Regardless, it was mocking millennials who discount what the Boomers did; basically the same thing, except didn't do it to count coup on Facebook so they could show the world.

Faux moralism is the times now. Back then, there was conviction to people's beliefs. Our society is all talk and little to no action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Regardless, it was mocking millennials who discount what the Boomers did; basically the same thing, except didn't do it to count coup on Facebook so they could show the world.

Faux moralism is the times now. Back then, there was conviction to people's beliefs. Our society is all talk and little to no action.
    Ok boomer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Economic crisis is structural now too with 40 years of flat wages (for people not stuck in the gig economy) but immense growth in cost of healthcare, education, and housing.
    Back then we were still pegged to the gold, Reagan didn't get to destroy the government credit card until later, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's your generation saddling the next with incurable debt that will leave them in the poorhouse. Good work, Millennial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's see how the Millennials do before assuming they won't get us onto a better path in terms of debt. You will probably see taxes go up for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's your generation saddling the next with incurable debt that will leave them in the poorhouse. Good work, Millennial.
    Relax I was joking. No need to act like a such a boomer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least future generations can point to a cataclysm to find reasons for certain situations, tbh, instead of selfish assholes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax I was joking. No need to act like a such a boomer.
    Same here.

When are you going back upstairs, btw? Once Pop re-signs DeRozan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see how the Millennials do before assuming they won't get us onto a better path in terms of debt. You will probably see taxes go up for one.
    I don't think they'll fail. Most of them will realize it's their own faults we're saddling the next generation with tremendous debt, especially those who don't want to return to work because we're loading the gravy train.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back then we were still pegged to the gold, Reagan didn't get to destroy the government credit card until later, tbh
    St Ronnie's wrecking crew knew exactly what they were doing to financial regs, like legalizing stock buy backs, loopholes to offshore profits, de-regging S&L, firing ATCs to make War on Employees the official govt policy, exemplifying the same policy for BigCorp, etc, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'll fail. Most of them will realize it's their own faults we're saddling the next generation with tremendous debt, especially those who don't want to return to work because we're loading the gravy train.
    This is a re-hash of the old welfare queens argument, that's really not true, Chucho. You should know better.

So we had lowest unemployment in however many years just a year ago, and now everybody is lazy and a moocher?

It's simply more likely that we're temporarily under a exceptional, stressful situation and we're trying to help people get by. If anything, we should welcome the fact that people get to choose for once, instead of being victims to slave-wages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least future generations can point to a cataclysm to find reasons for certain situations, tbh, instead of selfish assholes.
    Trickle-down is the cataclysm.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    St Ronnie's wrecking crew knew exactly what they were doing to financial regs, like legalizing stock buy backs, loopholes to offshore profits, de-regging S&L, firing ATCs to make War on Employees the official govt policy, exemplifying the same policy for BigCorp, etc, etc.
    They set us down this financial path for sure. And plenty of people called them out at the time too. All for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trickle-down is the cataclysm.
    Nothing natural about trickle down, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a re-hash of the old welfare queens argument, that's really not true, Chucho. You should know better.

So we had lowest unemployment in however many years just a year ago, and now everybody is lazy and a moocher?

It's simply more likely that we're temporarily under a exceptional, stressful situation and we're trying to help people get by. If anything, we should welcome the fact that people get to choose for once, instead of being victims to slave-wages.
    Temporarily? You buy that this is going to be a quick recovery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here.

When are you going back upstairs, btw? Once Pop re-signs DeRozan?
    Wow you just ruined my day reminding me of that possibility. I think I'd rather catch Corona than go back upstairs and perpetually discuss 9th place things with DeRozan leading the way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't say that. But to deny the mass that doesn't want to return to work is as dismissive. There are a lot of people who don't want to come back to work and are using this virus as their excuse. It is what it is. We're loading the gravy train for the lowest, most dispensable crowd in the world on the dime of our kids.

Funny to me that millennials shame the Boomers for doing the same thing.

Thread Information