My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was worse then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They set us down this financial path for sure. And plenty of people called them out at the time too. All for nothing.
    the oligarchy can only be overthrown by violent revolution, as history instructs us.

the oligarchy has pocked $200B+ during the Trump Pandemic while 40M have losts jobs and will soon lose their housing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the oligarchy can only be overthrown by violent revolution, as history instructs us.

the oligarchy has pocked $200B+ during the Trump Pandemic while 40M have losts jobs and will soon lose their housing.

Here's the fallacy with your argument.

1st thing: YOU'RE A ING PUSSY. Period. You put people on ignore the moment they on your bat spam posts.

2nd thing: How is there going to be a "violent" revolution when you want guns taken away from private citizens?

3rd thing: You don't think anything through and aren't consistent in your beliefs. You think the answer is a "violent revolution", but giant, festering pussies like you don't have or want guns. HOW exactly do you expect ANY of this to work?

Probably because you're bottom-tier white trash with massive racist undertones and expect people stupider than you to go out there and fight your violent revolution so giant pussies like you can reap the rewards.

Yeah, you're as white and supremacist as they come. And dumber than dirt as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Faux moralism is the times now. Back then, there was conviction to people's beliefs. Our society is all talk and little to no action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were you alive? How so? I'm genuinely curious based on what I've seen/read I believe it could have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temporarily? You buy that this is going to be a quick recovery?
    There will be a therapeutic treatment or vaccine sooner or later. That makes it implicitly temporary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't say that. But to deny the mass that doesn't want to return to work is as dismissive. There are a lot of people who don't want to come back to work and are using this virus as their excuse. It is what it is. We're loading the gravy train for the lowest, most dispensable crowd in the world on the dime of our kids.

Funny to me that millennials shame the Boomers for doing the same thing.
    I'm not denying it happens, but there's clearly a reason why it does happen. Certainly it isn't only because the government is providing aid at a exceptional time.

How long have been wages flat? We're also talking $600 a week, IIRC, that goes through June last I checked, so this isn't some permanent gravy train. They might extend it for less, we'll see.

Frankly, if you worry about the debt on your kid's back (you shouldn't), you should be way more worried about the the PPP and those forgivable loans for businesses, which got the blunt of the bailout here.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It feels like the country is falling apart on all sides.

The economy is cratering, the government budgets are collapsing, 100,000+ deaths from COVID, and now a string of terrible civil right abuses (George Floyd in Minnesota, Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia).

Was anybody alive during the Vietnam Era? There was a lot of civil unrest during that time. Did it feel like it does now then?

Don't get me wrong... I think we will recover but this is really bad.
    Who "raised" this generation?

Hippies

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were you alive? How so? I'm genuinely curious based on what I've seen/read I believe it could have been.
    I was not alive, but the polarization and violence seemed tangibly worse.

We had assassinations, actual mob violence and race riots, far more overt and open racism, people spitting on troops, Kent State... Hard to see some of the extreme incidents of the late 60's happening today. Maybe if Trump wins re-election.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-27-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be a therapeutic treatment or vaccine sooner or later. That makes it implicitly temporary.
    "some say" the 36M jobs lost are not all coming back, long-term unemployment, and 1000s of companies closed taking jobs with them.

I don't see anybody predicting a V recession, but long-tail L recession.

Of course, in his brain-damaged ignorance, Trash thinks the stock rebound means he and America are finished with the pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck binge watching Breaking Bad during the Nam Era.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back then we were still pegged to the gold, Reagan didn't get to destroy the government credit card until later, tbh
    Pledged to gold, but printing more money than we could back by gold (after the world trusted us as the reserve currency). Both NK and Vietnam were signals that the US was taking advantage of their position and creating/spending money they didn't have. Nixon taking us off the gold standard was a big middle finger to the rest of the world. And yes, Reagan ran up the debt during the Cold War which was great for the bankers as both countries kept swiping that card. The economy was doomed once we allowed the monopoly on credit and currency through the fed act of 1913. Since then, any fiscal responsibility has been thrown to the wind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pledged to gold, but printing more money than we could back by gold (after the world trusted us as the reserve currency). Both NK and Vietnam were signals that the US was taking advantage of their position and creating/spending money they didn't have. Nixon taking us off the gold standard was a big middle finger to the rest of the world. And yes, Reagan ran up the debt during the Cold War which was great for the bankers as both countries kept swiping that card. The economy was doomed once we allowed the monopoly on credit and currency through the fed act of 1913. Since then, any fiscal responsibility has been thrown to the wind.
    It was more of a necessity too, given it was also choking growth. I mean, it was just a year ago when the economy was allegedly the best ever, so I suppose it all worked out in the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "some say" the 36M jobs lost are not all coming back, long-term unemployment, and 1000s of companies closed taking jobs with them.

I don't see anybody predicting a V recession, but long-tail L recession.

Of course, in his brain-damaged ignorance, Trash thinks the stock rebound means he and America are finished with the pandemic.
    Your predictions are pretty ty fairly often, tbh... dont mind me if I don't pay attention to them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think this feels like Vietnam era but I'm also looking at it from the different end of the age bracket. The war and the draft really gave younger people something to unite against and there was really an age divide and people were a lot more conservative and openly prejudiced and misogynist. We are talking about an era that started out where girls still had to wear dresses to school and kneel down on the floor to prove their hem touched the floor. Guys hair couldn't touch their collar. That all blew up along with the antiwar sentiment. The feeling was, if we can question THIS then it....we can question THAT too. Back in the old days we had to write 10 page plus research papers with footnotes etc from freshman year on. I did my sop re paper on why the war was illegal and why we shouldn't be there. I knew it was controversial and made sure it was perfect. My English teacher (also the football coaches wife) gave me an A+ for technical performance and a D- for content. She actually wrote on my paper that it was well written and do ented but she disagreed with my unamerican premise. I was pissed. My parents actually let me take it to the school board who made her apologize and change my grade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think this feels like Vietnam era but I'm also looking at it from the different end of the age bracket. The war and the draft really gave younger people something to unite against and there was really an age divide and people were a lot more conservative and openly prejudiced and misogynist. We are talking about an era that started out where girls still had to wear dresses to school and kneel down on the floor to prove their hem touched the floor. Guys hair couldn't touch their collar. That all blew up along with the antiwar sentiment. The feeling was, if we can question THIS then it....we can question THAT too. Back in the old days we had to write 10 page plus research papers with footnotes etc from freshman year on. I did my sop re paper on why the war was illegal and why we shouldn't be there. I knew it was controversial and made sure it was perfect. My English teacher (also the football coaches wife) gave me an A+ for technical performance and a D- for content. She actually wrote on my paper that it was well written and do ented but she disagreed with my unamerican premise. I was pissed. My parents actually let me take it to the school board who made her apologize and change my grade.

and then you grew up

and became complicit in a corrupt criminal dictator government-

^ cautionary tale here kids!

Thread Information