Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baseline bum
    I think it will take significantly overpaying Odom to get him out of LA. I would do it, because there aren't any other better, realistic options for the Spurs anymore. They really don't need to spend on depth other than possibly adding a new back-up point to replace Speedy. The Spurs can pay Odom max and have $1.5 left for a point.

Should they make this offer?

timvp
    Do it.

It's a risk but saved cap space don't make none.

Marcus Bryant

baseline bum
    I'm with you, timvp. Cap space can't score or play D. Cap space won't win a le and it can't be saved to land a good player next year.

SpursWoman
    If the unthinkable happens and our offer to Brand is matched, yes. Just as long as the Spurs get a Dumbass Exception should he fail his last drug test in the NBA.

Mark in Austin
    If Sterling matches for Brand... offer something similar for Odom. Make that er pay to keep those players.

Ed Helicopter Jones
    Odom is not a max player.

He has the potential of a max player, but he's not a max player right now.

Odom hasn't proven he can survive an entire season and avoid both injury and/or suspension. Why risk that much money on him?

Offer less than the max, but make an offer.

ducks
    I might offer max but not 20 million up front

IcemanCometh
    might as well
    i mean we offered rasho a contract

baseline bum
    Why not pay him a larger amount upfront? The Spurs have to do something to scare the out of Sterling if they don't want to be matched. It's a risk, but it's less of a risk than going into next season with Radosoft Nesterovich as your main acquisition and trying to win a le.

SequSpur
    Yeah...

Max + Quarter Bag and a New Bong!

ducks
    I would rather trade then do that

Ghost Writer
    I would if it comes to that. Odom is worth around $10 million considering PJ Brown just got that.

Has anyone considered offering Sterling a S&T for Odom?

Question.

baseline bum
    I would rather trade then do that
    Trade for who? Sprewell? GRob?

ducks
    Toni Kukoc would be avaible bucks sure do not want to pay the luxury tax this year

spree would be
    big dog would be

spurs would be ED IF ODOM GOT CAUGHT AGAIN

they may not be as good as odom but much safer

*&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Gilbert Arenas I would rather sign then throw the max at odom

baseline bum
    I don't get it... you were one of the mani people against Kidd but now you want to bring in a point guard who's pretty similar to Parker instead of the best point in the league who's game is vastly different?

ducks
    Arenas is from az for one thing.

and his natural postion is shooting guard not point guard

and tp still would be the point

if kidd came in he would be the point and force tp to move over

oh marburay is better then kidd

besides that the wizzards are thinking of offering Arenas 6.2 million the spurs could still sign someone else

X
    Ducks,

Enough with the whole "he's gonna get caught with weed again."

How long has it been since the last one? A year? He's not Mighty Mouse.

baseline bum
    Arenas is a flavor of the month. I wouldn't thorw huge money at him and lose Manu for one OK season and a bad at ude.

ducks
    how many players got arrested this year so far?

QUESTION

It is a matter of TIME

his bad at ude is blown way out of proption

you put him on a winning team he will be fine

atleast he will be playing and not suspened in the nba

and everyone before the offseason said they would not mind odom for less then the max but know everyone wants to throw max money at him

X
    Oh yes, what a GREAT INDICATOR on how much time Odom has until gets a third strike.

Maybe he quit? Maybe he doesn't do it as often.

Hey, a bunch of old hollywood stars are dieing... just a matter of time 'til Stevie Wonder and Sherly Temple are next.

GrandeDavid
    I couldn't have said it any better than Spurswoman did!

spurster
    After looking at Odom's stats, I cannot believe anybody would be willing to offer him the max. He has played less than 1/2 of the games the past two years. He is one drug violation away from a permanent suspension. His efficiency/game is 15.9, just a little above Rasho's 14.8. What are you guys smoking and where can I get some too?

SPURS21
    I'd give him the max if worse comes to worse, we payed Steve Smith a load of cash last year

gunawanspurs
    I think with a 8.5-9.5 mil of starting salary 6 yrs contract offer, Sterling wouldn't dare to match that offering.

Especially, if he already signs Brand first. He might indeed decide to choose Magette instead Odom, fact that his contract is cheaper and not quite a risk compared to Odom.

5.5 mil for Nesterovich, 9 mil for Odom, that would still leave us around 1.5 mil of caproom. Erik Piatkowski as the next signing would be nice IMHO, having him as a specialty player, specialized in hitting a three to bust any zone D we might face next season.

Thread Information