Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Executive order to enforce a private company to cease business operations within the USA is absolutely 100% within the authority guidelines of a U.S. President as per the Cons ution.

Nothing to see or complain about here.
    Could you cite that part the Cons ution?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ success.

He should definitely do that though. I think Twitter would be much better for it.
    Success or failure is how it should be read. I wasn't calling them a success.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support Twitter extending fact-checking footers to other users as well. They should do whatever they can to prevent falsehoods like this from being spread. The President is a good place to start, given his reach and his position. You guys would complain about fact checks on Dear Leader regardless of how many were subjected to it.
    They aren't fact checking. They are injecting their opinion.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you cite that part the Cons ution?

Article II of the U.S. Cons ution vests executive powers in the President
    , makes him the commander in chief, and requires that the President “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” Laws can also give additional powers to the President.
    While an executive order can have the same effect as a federal law under certain cir stances, Congress can pass a new law to override an executive order, subject to a presidential veto.

(Good luck getting 67 Senators to override a veto to the rejection of an executive order. )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Article II of the U.S. Cons ution vests executive powers in the President
    , makes him the commander in chief, and requires that the President “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” Laws can also give additional powers to the President.
    While an executive order can have the same effect as a federal law under certain cir stances, Congress can pass a new law to override an executive order, subject to a presidential veto.

(Good luck getting 67 Senators to override a veto to the rejection of an executive order. )
    That's not a citation from the Cons ution. That's wikipedia. And it doesn't even support your contention.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree that pics like that should be fact checked, but i would assume their dedicated staff focuses on accounts with larger followings/reach. i dont know who the people are that supposedly tweeted that pic, or how many views/clicks they've gotten
    I'm going to assume they'll treat conservatives like Dems treated New York blacks under stop and frisk.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "These agenda driven people injecting their opinion in effort to change the election results is fine by me."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "These agenda driven people injecting their opinion in effort to change the election results is fine by me."
    That's what Trump is trying to do and it's fine by you.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter doesn't care about the truth. They are injecting opinion on top of the opinion of others. They are attempting to alter the outcome of the election.

This is why big tech is a threat to our country

This was another great leap towards the inevitable division of the United States.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter doesn't care about the truth.
    Do you?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter doesn't care about the truth. They are injecting opinion on top of the opinion of others. They are attempting to alter the outcome of the election.
    So you're against free speech now? And you apparently think Twitter's "opinion" is more persuasive that Trump's if you think it will alter the outcome of the election.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way forward in the face of leftist authoritarians running social media is for other platforms to emerge. This will accelerate the divide in this country. This is the path to the inevitable division of the US. You people lack foresight.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They aren't fact checking. They are injecting their opinion.

Even if that was the case... Commentary on a statement by the leader of the free world?

Oh no! What kind of crazy dystopia have we become??

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The only way forward in the face of leftist authoritarians running social media is for other platforms to emerge. This will accelerate the divide in this country. This is the path to the inevitable division of the US. You people lack foresight.
    division of the US. States like Mississippi and Alabama would be insolvement without all the federal subsidies they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lack perspective and only seek to confirm your bias.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they were leftist authoritarians, they would censor Trump or ban him altogether. Right wing propaganda and fake news spreads further and better than ever before, explicitly BECAUSE of social media.

You're such a whiny little .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lets assume just for the sake of argument that we agree about the first two sentences.

do you have an issue with corporations attempting to alter the outcomes of elections? should companies not be able to endorse candidates or run ads? should they be allowed to make campaign contributions? why is social media the exception?

they're not foreign agents or foreign governments. what's wrong with americans trying to influence the outcomes of elections? thats what campaigns are all about

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even if that was the case... Commentary on a statement by the leader of the free world?

Oh no! What kind of crazy dystopia have we become??
    There is plenty of commentary in the comment section. You are a proven liar so nobody should be surprised at you trying to distort reality.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    division of the US. States like Mississippi and Alabama would be insolvement without all the federal subsidies they get.
    Poor countries exist all over the world. People make do.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    lets assume just for the sake of argument that we agree about the first two sentences.

do you have an issue with corporations attempting to alter the outcomes of elections? should companies not be able to endorse candidates or run ads? should they be allowed to make campaign contributions? why is social media the exception?

they're not foreign agents or foreign governments. what's wrong with americans trying to influence the outcomes of elections? thats what campaigns are all about
    Corporations influencing elections is one of those things Nathan will probably say “everyone knows is wrong” as justification for why he’s constantly ing about Twitter while he’s never ing about the Koch Brothers having politicians in their back pocket.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Poor countries exist all over the world. People make do.
    The dirty south broken off from the part of America that pays the bills would certainly be one of them.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

"fact checker"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"fact checker"
    one must be devoid of personal opinions to be a fact checker?

Thread Information