Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr 8 turnovers came back with a vengeance, dunked all over Bosh, and orchestrated one of the more lopsided wins in NBA Finals history, tbh... this while Parker couldn't even score until the 4th quarter being guarded by Mario Chalmers.

The contrast of the guy that will take you to the finish line and the guy who won't is pretty clear. Again, no disrespect to Tony...
    DAMN SON

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr 8 turnovers came back with a vengeance, dunked all over Bosh, and orchestrated one of the more lopsided wins in NBA Finals history, tbh... this while Parker couldn't even score until the 4th quarter being guarded by Mario Chalmers.

The contrast of the guy that will take you to the finish line and the guy who won't is pretty clear. Again, no disrespect to Tony...
    I know we won in 2014 but losing 2013 really ticked me off since Duncan is my favorite Spur. Ginobili cost Duncan a huge chunk of his all time legacy. Duncan would’ve won Finals MVP that year putting him at 4 and I believe second all
    time in that regard. He also would’ve been 6 for 6 something that only JordaN has done and would have one more than Kobe. Tim won that 5th ring a year later, but he didn’t get the Finals MVP and he now has a stain on his Finals record all thanks to Ginobili.

Also Parker was being guarded by Lebron not Chalmers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we won in 2014 but losing 2013 really ticked me off since Duncan is my favorite Spur. Ginobili cost Duncan a huge chunk of his all time legacy. Duncan would’ve won Finals MVP that year putting him at 4 and I believe second all
    time in that regard. He also would’ve been 6 for 6 something that only JordaN has done and would have one more than Kobe. Tim won that 5th ring a year later, but he didn’t get the Finals MVP and he now has a stain on his Finals record all thanks to Ginobili.

No

Pop cost Duncan a le in 2013

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

Pop cost Duncan a le in 2013
    By missing the icing free throw to end the game. Oh wait, that was Gino

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arguing over Manu and TP brings back memories of good times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By missing the icing free throw to end the game. Oh wait, that was Gino
    I thought that was Kawhi who missed the FT

Missing shots happens; you let it go and alea jacta est

But Pop had control over his rotation; leaving your defensive anchor, best rebounder and leader was re ed - no excuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that was Kawhi who missed the FT

Missing shots happens; you let it go and alea jacta est

But Pop had control over his rotation; leaving your defensive anchor, best rebounder and leader was re ed - no excuse
    Manure was the one who put Kawhi in that position by missing his free throw first. You are right though it is Pop’s fault with his rotation. He never should’ve played a non clutch 8 turnover shooting guard in Manure when he had a better option in T-Mac on the bench. That’s the only way you can blame Pop bc if Manure makes his free throw it doesn’t matter about a damn rebound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, no disrespect to Tony...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013 isn't on Manu. It's on Pop. Idiot forgot the team still needs to rebound the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will admit that Manu had a large role in why we lost in 2013, but let's also point out nephew choking free throws to ice the championship, Pop benching TD when we needed a rebound, and that maybe '14 doesn't happen if '13 doesn't happen.

I'm just glad Mand and TD could overcome such a ty situation and win it the next year. I should also mention '14 was the last good year for Pop, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol “no disrespect to Tony”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Parker found a new person to ride, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    tp's advice: "when you're on the bench and your team is making a comeback without you, just pretend like it doesn't bother you. you'll get used to it. i dealt with it a lot. regular seasons, POs, even the finals."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will admit that Manu had a large role in why we lost in 2013, but let's also point out nephew choking free throws to ice the championship, Pop benching TD when we needed a rebound, and that maybe '14 doesn't happen if '13 doesn't happen.

I'm just glad Mand and TD could overcome such a ty situation and win it the next year. I should also mention '14 was the last good year for Pop, IMO
    2014 was a redemption story unlike many in sports. Talk about a script no one would believe. It will be a movie before it's all over. 2014 was just off the chart and yes you could argue '14 doesn't happen without '13.

I thought the refs not letting the Spurs rebound the ^%$ing ball after the Ray Allen 3 really was the death knell, but we had OT and another game to pull it out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 was a redemption story unlike many in sports. Talk about a script no one would believe. It will be a movie before it's all over. 2014 was just off the chart and yes you could argue '14 doesn't happen without '13.

I thought the refs not letting the Spurs rebound the ^%$ing ball after the Ray Allen 3 really was the death knell, but we had OT and another game to pull it out.
    Part of me is actually okayish with 13 because 14 happened, it was so beautiful for a variety of reasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony was amazing at scoring while in the paint among the bigs. Somehow he'd find a way to spin from coverage or find a window to put up the shot. Not just speed but clever footwork as well. IMO he never got as many foul calls as he deserved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of me is actually okayish with 13 because 14 happened, it was so beautiful for a variety of reasons
    I'm with you! I was there June 15, 2014 and it felt surreal to see that going down. It's almost like you need '13 for the 'movie' to be triumphant. Like Rocky has to get his ass kicked a few times to make winning mean anything!

Tonight I'll be watching Game 5 in '05. The hits keep coming!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lesson 1: Find the burger joint

Lesson 2: Kawhi.. There's a reason I never passed to him.

Lesson 3: I was the real MVP of the 2014 championship game.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Lonnie is now 7’2” with the COVID hair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs never care about such things. He was 6’2” when drafted at age 19, but by the 2003 Finals was the same height, 6’4”, as JKidd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp's advice: "when you're on the bench and your team is making a comeback without you, just pretend like it doesn't bother you. you'll get used to it. i dealt with it a lot. regular seasons, POs, even the finals."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you! I was there June 15, 2014 and it felt surreal to see that going down. It's almost like you need '13 for the 'movie' to be triumphant. Like Rocky has to get his ass kicked a few times to make winning mean anything!

Tonight I'll be watching Game 5 in '05. The hits keep coming!

Yeah I mean it hurts because we were so close, and it probably hurt some guys legacy too (Idc bout it honestly, and I think they don't either, but casual fans would always bring it up), but the comeback was just so sweet, with such a likeable group of guys, Timmy having another great season, Manu bouncing back after many people Spurs fans included thought he was finished, so many iconic moments and plays throughout the whole run and the chance the guys got to reedem themselves against the same team (and not only they did it, they destroyed em)
    You just can't make this up, it was special

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker did just fine in 2008-2012, the era where we could have easily won another 1 or 2 rings, if we didn't cheap out on getting a long SF and strike out with Jefferson

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker did just fine in 2008-2012, the era where we could have easily won another 1 or 2 rings, if we didn't cheap out on getting a long SF and strike out with Jefferson
    IMO, Parker was at the peak of his powers in 2012-2013.

I think part of the 2009-2011 "doldrums" (though still rather successful by the standards of almost any other franchise) was due to Duncan and Manu starting to decline and Parker not hitting his peak yet. That and Jefferson of course.

Thread Information