Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's funny, it worked too. Guess China didn't want to allow The Division to be sold there since it's a game about a pandemic lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate digital storefronts like steam epic etc. Constantly updating and have to go through 20 menus to start a freaking game.

At this point I think pirate more because of that bloated crap than anything else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Football Manager 2020 and Watchdogs 2 are free on the Epic game store.

I must’ve sunk like 100+ hrs on FM2015. Those games scare me because they’re so addicting. Never again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Streets of Kamurocho free for Sega's 60th Anniversary. Looks like a Streets of Rage game with Kiryu and Majima from the Yakuza games. Have to claim it by the 19th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Of_Kamurocho/

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD2 is cracked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta think Tony Hawk won't be far behind since that's the only big AAA non-sports game out there currently uncracked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have say a lower midrange gpu (eg GTX 1070 or lower) you should check Hardware Unboxed's settings guide:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD2 was free on the Epic game store last month right? I jumped on it but still haven't touched it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD2 was free on the Epic game store last month right? I jumped on it but still haven't touched it
    No, where did you ever hear that crap from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, where did you ever hear that crap from?
    Man I'm checking my library and nope, not on there.

There was a free game like a month or two ago that caused the Epic game store to go down from people trying to claim it. WTF game was it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh!! It was GTA V! NVM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I'm checking my library and nope, not on there.

There was a free game like a month or two ago that caused the Epic game store to go down from people trying to claim it. WTF game was it
    You're thinking of UPlay when they were giving away Watch Dogs 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just installed Empress' MK11, took an hour to install.. we'll see if it was worth the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just installed Empress' MK11, took an hour to install.. we'll see if it was worth the time
    Did you use FitGirl's repack or something? Her releases always take forever to install because of the re ed level of compression she uses, often for not much reduction in filesize anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you use FitGirl's repack or something? Her releases always take forever to install because of the re ed level of compression she uses, often for not much reduction in filesize anyways.
    No.. I saw her repack was half the size, but 3x the install time. 3 ing hours to install a game lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the game runs great.. I'm loving the style too. Stages are detailed as you'd expect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.. I saw her repack was half the size, but 3x the install time. 3 ing hours to install a game lol
    Sorta hated her repacks, what you save in download time, you spend installing, lol...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorta hated her repacks, what you save in download time, you spend installing, lol...
    It would be great if you could decompress her repacks before install, but no, 3 hour install that leaves your system practically unusable while the cpu is going balls to the wall decompressing . Her repacks would be so awesome if you could just use 7zip to decompress after download since she almost always offers options like not having the multiplayer part of the game or not downloading / installing languages you don't care about. Her repacks used to really be perverse 3-4 years ago when she turned everything to the max on her compression making installs take 8 hours on an i7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be great if you could decompress her repacks before install, but no, 3 hour install that leaves your system practically unusable while the cpu is going balls to the wall decompressing . Her repacks would be so awesome if you could just use 7zip to decompress after download since she almost always offers options like not having the multiplayer part of the game or not downloading / installing languages you don't care about. Her repacks used to really be perverse 3-4 years ago when she turned everything to the max on her compression making installs take 8 hours on an i7.
    I mean, I get it if you're on a metered connection, but otherwise it doesn't seem it's worth the trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I get it if you're on a metered connection, but otherwise it doesn't seem it's worth the trouble.
    More concerned with the ability to not install crap you don't use on limited SSD space, considering how big games have gotten the last couple of years. Seems like most of this gen games were in the 50-60 GB range but now you have so much pushing north of 100GB. Fitgirl's repacks give you the ability to strip out a lot of crap you don't want, so they'd be incredible if the install times weren't so ridiculous.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-24-2020 at 08:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More concerned with the ability to not install crap you don't use on limited SSD space, considering how big games have gotten the last couple of years. Seems like most of this gen games were in the 50-60 GB range but now you have so much pushing north of 100GB. Fitgirl's repacks give you the ability to strip out a lot of crap you don't want, so they'd be incredible if the install times weren't so ridiculous.
    ehh, a 1TB SSD is $100 right now... and gonna keep on going down... It made sense a while ago, but again, if you have a speedy net connection that's not metered, the install times are a dealbreaker, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehh, a 1TB SSD is $100 right now... and gonna keep on going down... It made sense a while ago, but again, if you have a speedy net connection that's not metered, the install times are a dealbreaker, IMO.
    Fair point. Weird time to be buying a budget SSD though. Kind of wondering whether the PCIE-4.0 NVME drives will finally start making sense now that both consoles are going to launch with them in a few weeks. As of now one SSD is pretty much as good as any other SSD for gaming but maybe that really changes with the consoles freed from the shackles of mechanical drives.

Was playing RDR2 today (thanks 0xEMPRESS) and am genuinely surprised how well my 4C/8T Haswell Xeon E3-1231v3 (runs at 3.6 GHz on all-cores loads) with 16GB DDR3-2400 is still holding up six years later. Pretty much always gpu limited by my 1660 Super in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point. Weird time to be buying a budget SSD though. Kind of wondering whether the PCIE-4.0 NVME drives will finally start making sense now that both consoles are going to launch with them in a few weeks. As of now one SSD is pretty much as good as any other SSD for gaming but maybe that really changes with the consoles freed from the shackles of mechanical drives.

Was playing RDR2 today (thanks 0xEMPRESS) and am genuinely surprised how well my 4C/8T Haswell Xeon E3-1231v3 (runs at 3.6 GHz on all-cores loads) with 16GB DDR3-2400 is still holding up six years later. Pretty much always gpu limited by my 1660 Super in it.
    The perception is definitely going to change, tbh... but it might take a couple years to eventually fully migrate to PC, especially because there's barely any mobos right now with PCIE4... and then you need the drives themselves. Maybe we'll see some interface in PCIE3 16x that can take full advantage of those drives.

That said, any NVMe drive right now is such a difference maker, tbh... and I've been using 8TB SSDs for a while, there's no way people are going back to HDDs, except for backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

Thread Information