Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only thing you're getting is your own stereotype, tbh...

I've shot guns too, dad had a rifle at the house all the time, went hunting as a kid/teenager... I still don't see what the gun fetish is all about.

I actually experienced it first hand, a friend of mine who knew nothing about guns, never owned, suddenly started stockpiling... just happened to be white, racist & card carrying republican too... what are the odds. At least he wasn't a bible thumper...
    Building an AR-15 now. I have always owned guns even as a kid, but never saw them as anything but tools to do what I wanted to do (hunt). I've had some expensive ones for fun and investment (subguns) but never really been a shooter, always a hunter. Some are shooters. I hunt with two guys, one a hunter and one a shooter. The hunter has a ty lever action that looks like he gardens with it. The shooter builds a rifle every year for that one shot, then he sells the gun. The hunter takes big animals, always successful. The shooter rarely gets a kill but he loves the processes and spends about 3K on the gun (gets it back and then some when he sells it). Both are legitimate gun users, but I am more like the hunter than the shooter. I want good equipment, but I don't need dozens of them, just one. These days I bow hunt, don't own a deer rifle any longer but I am building the AR because they are fun to build and fun to shoot, and the return on investment is about 1:1 at worst.

My SIL stockpiles but he's an enthusiast and loves to build guns. He's not a tacti-cool type, and I don't get the feeling he seems to get around these accessories, but with fishing I can relate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building an AR-15 now. I have always owned guns even as a kid, but never saw them as anything but tools to do what I wanted to do (hunt). I've had some expensive ones for fun and investment (subguns) but never really been a shooter, always a hunter. Some are shooters. I hunt with two guys, one a hunter and one a shooter. The hunter has a ty lever action that looks like he gardens with it. The shooter builds a rifle every year for that one shot, then he sells the gun. The hunter takes big animals, always successful. The shooter rarely gets a kill but he loves the processes and spends about 3K on the gun (gets it back and then some when he sells it). Both are legitimate gun users, but I am more like the hunter than the shooter. I want good equipment, but I don't need dozens of them, just one. These days I bow hunt, don't own a deer rifle any longer but I am building the AR because they are fun to build and fun to shoot, and the return on investment is about 1:1 at worst.

My SIL stockpiles but he's an enthusiast and loves to build guns. He's not a tacti-cool type, and I don't get the feeling he seems to get around these accessories, but with fishing I can relate.
    I'm not saying you're that guy.

I'm just saying this guy, into his early 50s, suddenly had an urge to stockpile, rebuild his own ammo, developed the hobby of going to the shooting range... I dunno, kinda weird, especially considering the rest of the traits I described which he always had.

I do get it from people that have been around guns all the time. Then again, I wouldn't automatically associate those people with being gun nuts either.

My grandpa used to go hunting every weekend. He'll bring birds home, and cook em. Sometimes he would take my dad and me too. I grew up around all that, and a military dictatorship to boot, but I don't like guns at all. I'm not going to tell/advocate anybody not to have them, but I do find some of the people that take that to a fetish kinda odd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying you're that guy.

I'm just saying this guy, into his early 50s, suddenly had an urge to stockpile, rebuild his own ammo, developed the hobby of going to the shooting range... I dunno, kinda weird, especially considering the rest of the traits I described which he always had.

I do get it from people that have been around guns all the time. Then again, I wouldn't automatically associate those people with being gun nuts either.

My grandpa used to go hunting every weekend. He'll bring birds home, and cook em. Sometimes he would take my dad and me too. I grew up around all that, and a military dictatorship to boot, but I don't like guns at all. I'm not going to tell/advocate anybody not to have them, but I do find some of the people that take that to a fetish kinda odd.
    Some of the people that collect stamps are odd. LARPers are odd. People who play D&D and travel by plane to do so are odd. There are odd people doing a lot of . It doesn't mean anyone who does it is an idiot because I don't do it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about iden y. For most gun nuts I know it's a hobby they love. There's a difference between a gun nut and an anarchist re .
    I agree with the latter part of your statement but there are still clearly a lot of anarchist re s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the people that collect stamps are odd. LARPers are odd. People who play D&D and travel by plane to do so are odd. There are odd people doing a lot of . It doesn't mean anyone who does it is an idiot because I don't do it.
    stamp collectors, larpers, and D&D players aren't as dangerous and capable of mass murder as gun stockpilers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but collecting stamps, crossdressing or playing D&D do not raise to the same level of responsibility required to handle and care for a weapon. I have no problems with idiots doing the former, I'm not comfortable with an idiot doing the latter.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stockpile dudes are boogeymen, amirite?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheGreatYacht

The interesting claim that is prevalent is that ANTIFA is an ideal and not an organization.
    Welp, I guess we'll find out.
    Being designated a terrorist organization should open avenues to law enforcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stockpile dudes are boogeymen, amirite?
    Not really, no. Read my post again, and tell me how you came to that conclusion (hint the next paragraph after the one you quoted)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really, no. Read my post again, and tell me how you came to that conclusion (hint the next paragraph after the one you quoted)
    It's not that I thought you explicitly were stating it. But you were still throwing shade.
    Most Chumpettes think they're deranged and a threat to society, tbh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    But even before riots exploded across the United States in the aftermath of George Floyd's death, federal and local officials have long been investigating the inner workings and revenue stream of the anarchist, left-wing outfit.

And arrests among its highest ranks may be imminent.

Intelligence sources pointed out that indictments have been building for some time, and a close examination of funding revenues remains under the microscope. While Antifa operates as something of a leaderless militant wing, sources closely engaged in the matter said that there are identifiable top brass driving and inciting criminal activity.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/antifa-ar...-riots-suburbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that I thought you explicitly were stating it. But you were still throwing shade.
    Most Chumpettes think they're deranged and a threat to society, tbh.
    So you're just registering your complain on what I said. ok.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he referring to twitter troll farms at the end?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    suddenly taking government officials at their word is okay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    evidence? where?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have any of the arrested people been Antifa?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Single out the one leftist group that nobody is even a part of, just say “and others” for the countless right wing groups confirmed to be stirring up.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has bag, corrupt Barr announced going after any nazi, rightwing, white nationalist orgs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stamp collectors, larpers, and D&D players aren't as dangerous and capable of mass murder as gun stockpilers
    So the goalpost then moves to "dangerous" from "odd".

Let's try to whittle down to your basic fear here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but collecting stamps, crossdressing or playing D&D do not raise to the same level of responsibility required to handle and care for a weapon. I have no problems with idiots doing the former, I'm not comfortable with an idiot doing the latter.
    Now you're moving the goalpost from "odd" to "idiot". SR21 was fearing "dangerous".

Say what you mean. Do you know people who are idiots with stockpiles of guns and they are dangerous? If so, have you reported them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Single out the one leftist group that nobody is even a part of, just say “and others” for the countless right wing groups confirmed to be stirring up.
    Some people did some things.

Thread Information