Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess it's Martial Law if the National Guard can't get under control? Is that what this comes down to?
    the look on conservative faces when they have to decide...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump wants to send US troops to attack US people, there's not very much that prevents him from doing it.

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/st...577435649?s=19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump wants to send US troops to attack US people, there's not very much that prevents him from doing it.

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/st...577435649?s=19
    Should also be noted that the Insurrection Act was used before during the LA Riots.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should also be noted that the Insurrection Act was used before during the LA Riots.
    True but the commander kept the troops from actual law enforcement activities. My understanding is that Posse Comitatis was the rationale but that's not much of a barrier if the current CoC wants them used that way.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And you're up 106k now
    They'd strung your in' ropes. It was over, over-over.

Mrs. Duncan did ya not only dirt, but, the worst kind of dirt,,,dirty-dirt.

That's the kind of that happens to other teams and cities. But, then you got porked again. Had the best of the best and let him get away and cross the Canadian border.

ha, ha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but the commander kept the troops from actual law enforcement activities. My understanding is that Posse Comitatis was the rationale but that's not much of a barrier if the current CoC wants them used that way.
    come to think if it, didnt Q predict Martial Law?

hillary about to get arrested and tried in military tribunal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's ask Undercover Huber and Pepe the Frog

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IT'S HAPPENING YO

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd strung your in' ropes. It was over, over-over.

Mrs. Duncan did ya not only dirt, but, the worst kind of dirt,,,dirty-dirt.

That's the kind of that happens to other teams and cities. But, then you got porked again. Had the best of the best and let him get away and cross the Canadian border.

ha, ha.
    Just come get dinner cubby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing got avoids coordinating a national response to the coronavirus but is ready to call in the military because of some protests

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing got avoids coordinating a national response to the coronavirus but is ready to call in the military because of some protests
    yep, doesn't want to crater the stock market which he thinks would hurt his campaign so 80K+ deaths, but immediately "punches back", even lethally, at any opposition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the point of protecting the right to bear arms was so that state militias could resist the very thing DJT is ordering from the bunker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the point of protecting the right to bear arms was so that state militias could resist the very thing DJT is ordering from the bunker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's insane but we're pretty close to marshal law in DC.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the founding fathers had no idea about AR-15s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the point of the 2nd amendment was so that the militia could be called to fight on behalf of the govt not against it. This was the founding fathers solution to having a large standing army, the thing they distrusted the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the point of the 2nd amendment was so that the militia could be called to fight on behalf of the govt not against it. This was the founding fathers solution to having a large standing army, the thing they distrusted the most.
    It also meant physical protection from government overreach.

"The idea of a state militia would also be attractive because it serves as a deterrent against national tyranny," says Rakove. "At the time, if government forces tried to take over land or overstep their boundaries, you'd have an ins ution in place -- the militia -- that would
    outnumber any army."

https://cons utioncenter.org/image...CNN_Aug_11.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team Bunker Prez jumping in to watch the wave of semen coming for their dear leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2nd Amendment says whatever people want it to say. It's sorta like the Bible at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hamilton wrote that the militia would be composed of soldiers who would not just protect and serve their country but ensure that it does not become corrupt. He also mentioned in his essay that some people see this idea as unrealistic. "There is something so far-fetched and so extravagant in the idea of danger to liberty from the militia, that one is at a loss whether to treat it with gravity or with raillery ... Where, in the name of common-sense, are our fears to end if we may not trust our sons, our brothers, our neighbors, our fellow citizens?"(James Madison, John Jay, The Federalist, books.google.com).[1] Hamilton argues to critics who doubt that the militia would be trusted that they forget militia is made up of the people the average citizen would know and trust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2nd Amendment says whatever people want it to say. It's sorta like the Bible at this point.
    I mean, kinda. The second amendment is more of a vestige of the federalist system we had from before the civil war, where the governmental model emphasized states rights as a bulwark against federal tyranny. It’s a true federalist ins ution, like the state courts (as opposed to the federal ones).

Hart and Wechsler wrote the treatise on federal courts. They emphasized state ins utions as a bulwark against federal tyranny. The state militia falls into that same general bucket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, kinda. The second amendment is more of a vestige of the federalist system we had from before the civil war, where the governmental model emphasized states rights as a bulwark against federal tyranny. It’s a true federalist ins ution, like the state courts (as opposed to the federal ones).

Hart and Wechsler wrote the treatise on federal courts. They emphasized state ins utions as a bulwark against federal tyranny. The state militia falls into that same general bucket.
    No I mean, the vox populi interpretation. Didn't mean to imply that people that actually studied the background and long history of it don't know.

Thread Information