Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Even in the 3 games Dirk played, TD averaged 35 and 18 against him.
    not saying dirk would've stopped timmy.

mavs went 1-2 without dirk. game 6 was close though, mavs were up until jackson and kerr started lighting it up in the 4th.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    steve kerr carrying tp:

game 6 stats
    kerr: 4 for 4, 3 assists
    tony: 0 for 5, 1 assist

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not saying dirk would've stopped timmy.

mavs went 1-2 without dirk. game 6 was close though, mavs were up until jackson and kerr started lighting it up in the 4th.
    Game 6 had the bench lighting it up and saving the day, but tbf Game 5 was a massive choke job, we got outscored 27-10 in the 4th
    I still think we win it in 7 even if they steal Game 6

On a side note, Game 4 of that series we got the first (and only one for that year) Big 3 sighting, who would have guessed they would go on to achieve so much together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Tim was the reason for that year's ring, but Manu's advanced stat effectiveness is already on display. His ORtg/DRtg differential is the best of the Laker series, better than even Duncan's & Shaq's, and light years beyond Kobe's. He cooled off significantly in the finals against the Nets, but luckily Robinson was there to pick up the slack.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-17-2020 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Tim was the reason for that year's ring, but Manu's advanced stat effectiveness is already on display. His ORtg/Drtg differential is the best of the Laker series, better than even Duncan's & Shaq's, and light years beyond Kobe's. He cooled off significantly in the finals against the Nets, but luckily Robinson was there to pick up the slack.
    2003 is an interesting year for the Lakers because it marked the first time that Kobe led the team in playoff usage rate. During their three-peat, Shaq led the team in usage rate every year. Moving away from the ultra efficient Shaq and towards the less efficient Kobe spelled the end of their run.

Those playoffs also highlighted the importance of match ups. Robinson struggled against Shaq but still managed to be slightly on the plus side of effectiveness. Against a front line Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins, and an aging Mutombo, Robinson's efficiency skyrocketed on both the offensive and defensive ends.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-17-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Tim was the reason for that year's ring, but Manu's advanced stat effectiveness is already on display. His ORtg/DRtg differential is the best of the Laker series, better than even Duncan's & Shaq's, and light years beyond Kobe's. He cooled off significantly in the finals against the Nets, but luckily Robinson was there to pick up the slack.
    I think he logged the most 4th quarter minutes besides Timmy during that run, says a lot about how much Pop already trusted him even if he drove him crazy from time to time and didn't have the green light yet
    Just an impact player on both sides of the floor, and as experienced as a rookie can get

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 is an interesting year for the Lakers because it marked the first time that Kobe led the team in playoff usage rate. During their three-peat, Shaq led the team in usage rate every year. Moving away from the ultra efficient Shaq and towards the less efficient Kobe spelled the end of their run.

Those playoffs also highlighted the importance of match ups. Robinson struggled against Shaq but still managed to be slightly on the plus side of effectiveness. Against a front line Kenyon Martin, Jason Collins, and an aging Mutombo, Robinson's efficiency skyrocketed on both the offensive and defensive ends.
    Yeah Kobe could really shoot em out of games sometimes, also our perimeter guys did a great job that series while they had a couple of bad injuries and weren't particularly deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I dusted off my PS2 and popped in ESPN NBA Basketball (i.e., NBA 2K4 when they had ESPN licensing) just so I could look at the old rosters. Tim was the highest rated player at 99 (Shaq 98, Garnett 97, Kobe 96). Damn, the presentation and music was so much better back then. Good to hear Stuart Scott's voice again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well Shaq got too big so it made sense Kobe's UR went up

It was Phil Jackson's fault though he is the one who wanted Shaq to get bigger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I dusted off my PS2 and popped in ESPN NBA Basketball (i.e., NBA 2K4 when they had ESPN licensing) just so I could look at the old rosters. Tim was the highest rated player at 99 (Shaq 98, Garnett 97, Kobe 96). Damn, the presentation and music was so much better back then. Good to hear Stuart Scott's voice again.
    I had 2K5, it had the less ty NBA on ABC/ESPN musical theme as well IIRC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 6 had the bench lighting it up and saving the day, but tbf Game 5 was a massive choke job, we got outscored 27-10 in the 4th
    I still think we win it in 7 even if they steal Game 6

On a side note, Game 4 of that series we got the first (and only one for that year) Big 3 sighting, who would have guessed they would go on to achieve so much together
    That team had a really bad tendency to blow leads in the fourth quarter. It’s amazing they won a championship. Tim Duncan at his peak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team had a really bad tendency to blow leads in the fourth quarter. It’s amazing they won a championship. Tim Duncan at his peak.
    Duncan was on the court when the team was blowing leads in the 4th tbh

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Numbers Duncan put up that postseason just insane.. First 4 games of the WCF against the Mavs

40/15 in a loss.
    32/15 in a Win
    34/24 in a Win
    21/20 in a Win

That's 32/19 with the Spurs now up 3-1. That is just sick..

Duncan went to the FT line 19 times in that Game 1 loss. It could have been 30 times - the refs just wouldn't call that many. They beat the living out of Tim, and he still torched them.

That was essentially an 8-man rotation the Spurs won with. Robinson's back was so bad, it was an effort for him to stay on the court as much as he did. Claxton was one of the rotation guys and his ORTG was somewhere down around 80, which is D-League bad. Kerr knocked down his 3's, but he only made 4 or 5 in the series. And I don't know if any other team has won a ring while shooting FT's at barely above 70%. Yeah Tim carried that team.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMAO. Gee, do you think that might have been because he had to play close to 45 mpg, and by the 4th quarters he was running on will and adrenaline?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't say it was his fault tbh, at that point Pop was still running the same play over and over again, when you're up 15 you become predictable and there's a high risk it bites you back if you stop executing as sharply as before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said it was his fault tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s supposed to win a chip Alone? He damn near did it alone..

Thread Information